Suppressor wait times

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
The question we should be pushing is if you already have an nfa item, why should there be any wait? You have already provided fingerprint, photo, etc. The atf knows where you are and what you own, so if you become a prohibited person, I assume they will come get your nfa item. Just like how my ccw works. You get approved and it’s good for 5 years or until revoked.

so they could 1) want the process to be so complicated no one uses it. Slowing ownership of nfa items or 2) have no method of following up on people who become prohibited persons, or 3) have no desire to actually fix the system, or 4) are incompetent and don’t even know it’s an issue, or some combination of above issues.
Well, the initial intent of the NFA was to effectively outlaw NFA items in the name of taxing. In 1934 $200 was a lot of money. Using the BLS inflation calculator, it was equal to $4,600 today. It would not surprise me if failing to adequately staff the approval process fits with that same intent, so I think option 3 is most likely. Not on the part of the people actually involved in the process, but certainly on the part of the American voter who elected representative who passed the NFA and continue to elect representatives that fail to fix the mess. Actually, now that I think of it that way, 4 is certainly the answer.

work765

WKR
I bet that was killer. Is it your first one?
This is my second one. The first supressor I did with an individual trust through SilencerShop and this 2nd one I just did as an Individual (No trust) through a store. First one was 277 days, and this second was 347. Who knows! But the wait is over, that's all that matters.

ID_Matt

WKR
Seeing a few early June approvals on here... my dad just got one rom early june as well. Hoping my 6/15 is coming up!

Sevens

WKR
Oh great and merciful NFA examiners, hear me! May my wait time be short and my e-signed forms be true. Approve my suppressor and I will use it to sacrifice many animals in your honor!

(Yeah, I jumped back into the waiting game.)

Oh great and merciful NFA examiners, hear me! May my wait time be short and my e-signed forms be true. Approve my suppressor and I will use it to sacrifice many animals in your honor!

(Yeah, I jumped back into the waiting game.)
Good luck! I just submitted a Form 1 for an SBR over the weekend and am at day 188 for my AB Raptor 10. Maybe you'll get one of those early approvals.

bow_dozer

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone know of a difference in wait times? Assuming individual would be shorter vs trust.
Just ordered on black Friday and hoping to take possession by next Oct. Thinking individual as I have heard these get approved for the most part, sooner vs a trust with multiple trustees.

Anyone have experience moving a can into a trust already after you have taken possession/approved?

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Anyone know of a difference in wait times? Assuming individual would be shorter vs trust.
Just ordered on black Friday and hoping to take possession by next Oct. Thinking individual as I have heard these get approved for the most part, sooner vs a trust with multiple trustees.

Anyone have experience moving a can into a trust already after you have taken possession/approved?
Any transfer requires a tax stamp, so to move it into a trust you must pay another $200 and it will be yours as an individual until the Form 4 gets approved.

Grumman

WKR
Just got two more AB Raptor 8s approved that were submitted on June 16th. Wish they would have had that BOGO sale going on back then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pakrdbl

FNG
Form 1 are quick. All my SBR have been sub 30 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Which never made any sense considering the process to get a Form 1 approved is the exact same as a Form 4. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Congrats BTW

Castronova

Lil-Rokslider
I'm now passed 200 days for my Raptor 8 and 40 days for my Form 1 SBR. Going further into frustration. Hunt scheduled first week of January. What a maddening process seeing all these approval times, short and long, that make no sense.