Suppressor wait times

atmat

WKR
I’d hit up the Reddit megathread and read through a bit of stuff. There’s plenty of people getting approved in short time frames as well. There’s a lot of discussion on there about who and how to email to actually get some real status updates beyond calling the atf and getting told it’s pending. Mine was delayed at fbi background check and I believe had I not emailed about it it’d still be in delayed status. I think most people say it’s worth sending some emails once you go beyond the average wait time. I hope yours goes much faster than mine did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Do you have a Reddit account? I don’t but would like my results posted just for the tracking perspective. I can PM it to you if you don’t mind posting.

Do you have a Reddit account? I don’t but would like my results posted just for the tracking perspective. I can PM it to you if you don’t mind posting.

I tried to post mine on there and wasn’t successful. I’m not sure what happened but it took a good bit of time to fill everything out. I’m on vacation right now so I figure I’ll work on adding mine when my vacation is over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The agencies I support started implementing their shutdown plans Thursday morning, essential personnel and tasks only during the shutdown. I don't support batf, but it seems very unlikely that approving suppressors is going to be considered essential.

6.5x284

WKR
what is the name of the Reddit mega thread? I find like 50…

Google September 2023 - Approval Megathread

Once 1 October hits a you’ll need to swap the month to October in your google search. Changes every month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yoopshoot

Lil-Rokslider
I got mine submitted 3/9. Approved 9/9. I was pleasantly surprised , I was anticipating 9-12 mo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 month approval for me. From SC. Overall the process was smooth and easy, but after it was approved is where my frustration started. They stated they would notify local sheriff which has a 7 day hold. I didn’t realize they notify the sheriff via snail mail. And it was 7 business days not just 7 days. And now it will be held at an ffl in my state for 2-3 more days before it ships to me? I never knew that was a thing.

Bluefish

WKR
8 month approval for me. From SC. Overall the process was smooth and easy, but after it was approved is where my frustration started. They stated they would notify local sheriff which has a 7 day hold. I didn’t realize they notify the sheriff via snail mail. And it was 7 business days not just 7 days. And now it will be held at an ffl in my state for 2-3 more days before it ships to me? I never knew that was a thing.
Mine was 3 days to ship after the 12 days for notification. My in state seemed to be a meet at the post office and slap a new label on it. based on tracking in went in and out of the in state post office the same day.