Suppressor wait times

Well crap. Oh well. I wasn't planning to use it until next year anyway.

"We need to make an amendment to your trust. This amendment will remove a line in the trust that examiners in the NFA branch at ATF that have been disapproving forms based of a sentence in the trust. This amendment will remove the problematic sentence from the trust. While we can not 100% guarantee that the forms will not get disapproved, this gives it the best shot for not getting disapproved for the reason of the trust."

Marshfly

WKR
Well crap. Oh well. I wasn't planning to use it until next year anyway.

"We need to make an amendment to your trust. This amendment will remove a line in the trust that examiners in the NFA branch at ATF that have been disapproving forms based of a sentence in the trust. This amendment will remove the problematic sentence from the trust. While we can not 100% guarantee that the forms will not get disapproved, this gives it the best shot for not getting disapproved for the reason of the trust."

Can you give some details on this? What type of trust from what company?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you give some details on this? What type of trust from what company?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Its the trust the local dealer set up for me when I bought my first suppressor. I guess its just an individual trust. I dont know what would have changed but apparently something has.

atmat

WKR
Its the trust the local dealer set up for me when I bought my first suppressor. I guess its just an individual trust. I dont know what would have changed but apparently something has.
Does ATF even review the trust itself? I didn’t know that. I know my dealer collected a copy, but I didn’t think it was included in the eForm4

This is the amendment that was made

AMENDMENT TO ARTICLE VI § F – THE FOLLOWING CLAUSE IS STRICKEN THEREFROM:
The Trustee may also authorize a Beneficiary to use a Title II Weapon, but only in the presence of the Trustee or other individual who is authorized to use the same.

Fight that shit. If you were previously approved with that verbiage then they have to approve it now. They can't just remove shit to suit themselves.

8 month approval for me. From SC. Overall the process was smooth and easy, but after it was approved is where my frustration started. They stated they would notify local sheriff which has a 7 day hold. I didn’t realize they notify the sheriff via snail mail. And it was 7 business days not just 7 days. And now it will be held at an ffl in my state for 2-3 more days before it ships to me? I never knew that was a thing.
That’s pretty petty!

AkRyan

WKR
I'm at 364 days now and it's absolutely killing me. Worst part of this whole process is the Markey advances past what you purchase by the time you get your can.

WKR
Total approvals on Reddit are going way down and wait time is starting to shoot back up. I had hopes of getting approved by gun-deer, but that is looking less likely by the day.

craigrh13

Lil-Rokslider
Paper form last year took 10 months for me. Same day I picked it up I bought a cab for my 22. That was on 10/30 last year. I just for it 3 weeks ago….e-file. Crazy.

Nine Banger

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
I did an e-file on 11/21/22 and got it on 8/9/23....but I'm still waiting for the custom barrel I ordered for it on 11/22/22!

Bluefish

WKR
Just got denied on a form 1, right at 45 days. Paperwork issue, so I have to resubmit. Won’t happen for deer season this year.