Suppressor wait times

Had another one clear today. Trust, 2 RP. Certified 1/25/24. Took 1.5 weeks longer than the last one which was certified on the same day. Trusts are getting faster, but not as fast as individuals.

Had another one clear today. Trust, 2 RP. Certified 1/25/24. Took 1.5 weeks longer than the last one which was certified on the same day. Trusts are getting faster, but not as fast as individuals.
Trusts are getting faster, going the individual route seems foolish, it’s an extra 200 bucks when you do put it on a trust and it makes it so much easier for the government to take them out of circulation.

Can you elaborate on this statement?
Well if it’s an individul registration than nobody can have it except that one person.

I get it that people want their silencers right now, just seems like a costly, short cited decision that gives the ATF the upper hand.

I could be wrong though, all the same, I’m damn glad I have all mine in a trust.

Well if it’s an individul registration than nobody can have it except that one person.

I get it that people want their silencers right now, just seems like a costly, short cited decision that gives the ATF the upper hand.

I could be wrong though, all the same, I’m damn glad I have all mine in a trust.
I guess I don't understand why your saying that having them registered as an individual makes it easier for the gubment to snag?

I guess I don't understand why your saying that having them registered as an individual makes it easier for the gubment to snag?
Because if something happens to you….they can take it out of circulation.

Additionally, for the people saying they will put it in a trust later….you just let the ATF gouge you for an additional 200 dollars.

Either way, doing it as an individual benefits the gun grabbers and/or the ATF. But if people are willing to comply with that to get their silencer faster then that is their own choice.

Sort of a rock and a hard place type of thing. So many anti ATF/tax types that complain about the tax stamp are willing to pay a double tax stamp to get it more quickly.

I remember people on here saying they would pay an additional fee to get their silencer more quickly….:well there you go, you can do it now.

Additionally, for the people saying they will put it in a trust later….you just let the ATF gouge you for an additional 200 dollars.

Either way, doing it as an individual benefits the gun grabbers and/or the ATF. But if people are willing to comply with that to get their silencer faster then that is their own choice.

Sort of a rock and a hard place type of thing. So many anti ATF/tax types that complain about the tax stamp are willing to pay a double tax stamp to get it more quickly.

I remember people on here saying they would pay an additional fee to get their silencer more quickly….:well there you go, you can do it now.

Maybe... But my impulse purchase done as an individual (first one not in a trust) got approved in 36 hours. Doing my part to get them In Common Use.

Maybe... But my impulse purchase done as an individual (first one not in a trust) got approved in 36 hours. Doing my part to get them In Common Use.
It’s all good man, the ATF knows you’ll add it to your trust later (like 90% of the folks who are getting them now). Big $$$ for big government.

Those reasons are why I’ll wait for the trust.

Approved yesterday, submitted 2/13 as a trust.

To add on to an existing trust, do I just write the item in by hand? Is there anything else needed?

Approved yesterday, submitted 2/13 as a trust.

To add on to an existing trust, do I just write the item in by hand? Is there anything else needed?
Depends on how your trust is written. Some have a schedule with all the items in the trust, mine does not.

Back