Suppressor wait times

TX_Diver

WKR
I ordered the card from amazon and was planning to send it in just for that purpose. Then a harvester evo came back in stock. They just received my prints Wednesday so we'll see how it goes.
CA received prints last Wednesday, sent the docusign stuff yesterday, certified today.

Guess we'll see if this turns into 1 day or 200 days now...

6.5x284

WKR
Just emailed the ATF as one was over 300 days. Emailed be back right away and said it was approved last November. Neither dealer nor I received any email in spam as ATF suggested (5 other cans and 2 form 1’s have all been received in regular inbox). Dealer was able to go in and grab it in eForms. Lame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Samson7x

WKR
Just emailed the ATF as one was over 300 days. Emailed be back right away and said it was approved last November. Neither dealer nor I received any email in spam as ATF suggested (5 other cans and 2 form 1’s have all been received in regular inbox). Dealer was able to go in and grab it in eForms. Lame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm at 285 days on one myself. Just sent an email to [email protected] in hopes they will respond. Sent an email to FBI regarding the background check and can't get anyone to respond.

wesfromky

WKR
I'm at 285 days on one myself. Just sent an email to [email protected] in hopes they will respond. Sent an email to FBI regarding the background check and can't get anyone to respond.
The FBI will just tell you to call the ATF for status checks. The ATF will respond to emails saying to call. I did eventually get a response from [email protected] that said all my background checks cleared, but it took a month. Coincidentally, I started getting my form 4s approved the next day. The ATF number is 304-616-4500, but I was on hold for around an hour when I called.

Samson7x

WKR
The FBI will just tell you to call the ATF for status checks. The ATF will respond to emails saying to call. I did eventually get a response from [email protected] that said all my background checks cleared, but it took a month. Coincidentally, I started getting my form 4s approved the next day. The ATF number is 304-616-4500, but I was on hold for around an hour when I called.

Yeah, did that already. They say delayed for FBI check. Got no response from the nicsliason email after numerous attempts. Contacted congressman who requested info on my behalf and was basically just told "delayed at FBI". I'm certainly not new to the NFA game but it's very annoying when folks are getting approvals in days and some of us are 10 months in or longer.

wesfromky

WKR
Yeah, did that already. They say delayed for FBI check. Got no response from the nicsliason email after numerous attempts. Contacted congressman who requested info on my behalf and was basically just told "delayed at FBI". I'm certainly not new to the NFA game but it's very annoying when folks are getting approvals in days and some of us are 10 months in or longer.
Understand the frustration for sure. I was at 7 months when I started calling. And I was delayed as well. Started the process for a UPIN, as that seems the only way to avoid getting delayed all the time.

IDVortex

WKR
Mine was on the 12th. I just came to the conclusion that I was not one of the lucky ones and will have to wait like all my others.
So have I, I was hoping to use it this spring on a idaho spring bear, but I presume my personal federal agents watching me won't allow it.

Gonewest

WKR
Correct me if I’m wrong but the quick wait times are for individuals and not for trusts.

Has the trust time frame shortened at all?

My LGS just received some Scythes and I’m trying to decide which way to go. I’d like it sooner rather that later but my main hunt this year isn’t till November.

Correct me if I’m wrong but the quick wait times are for individuals and not for trusts.

My LGS just received some Scythes and I’m trying to decide which way to go. I’d like it sooner rather that later but my main hunt this year isn’t till November.
Those things are tough to get around me... I'd grab it on an individual and if you want a trust down the road, start the paper work while you have it already

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

wesfromky

WKR

Trust times are also going down, though not nearly what individual times are yet. The word from Silencer Shop is that generic trusts with just one RP will also be much faster in the very near future.

Kurts86

WKR
My trust was certified 3/13 and being an impatient nerd I’ve been putting the silencer shop approvals data into a spreadsheet daily.

Of note the median wait time for trust has been falling at around 0.85/days per day over the last month, basically it’s gone from 150 day to 131 days in 3 weeks. Of more note the maximum approval has fallen from 12 months to under 6 months in the last 3 weeks. They seem to be clearing backlog faster than it was coming in a few months back.

I wouldn’t be surprised if in 6 months that trusts are at levels much closer to individual approvals if not at least inside the promised 90 day approval window. This is all data driven speculation without any specific knowledge of the process.

Samson7x

WKR
Understand the frustration for sure. I was at 7 months when I started calling. And I was delayed as well. Started the process for a UPIN, as that seems the only way to avoid getting delayed all the time.

Interesting. Wasn't aware of UPIN....will do more research on that process. Thanks.