Stocky’s Hunter VG Tikka stock

kkp005

WKR
Well I got my Labor Day sale stock in a few weeks ago. Got my 6CM barreled action in today from PBB. Do all the tikka actions sit this low in the Stockys ? You can barely see the top of the engraved t3x or SN #

Attachments

• IMG_7588.jpeg
    IMG_7588.jpeg
    172.1 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_7598.jpeg
    IMG_7598.jpeg
    414.3 KB · Views: 261

Sandstrom

WKR
Finally came in today. Mounted up the NX8 4-32 in UM Medium Rings with Bubble level, Stockys VG stock, High Desert bottom metal. Tikka Stainless with Proof 7PRC 20" barrel blank. 3 rounds of Hornady ELD-M's in the magazine. No suppressor in this weight.

View attachment 620895
Looks great! Any chance you got the weight for just the barrel?
Thanks,
Ryan

atmat

WKR
Finally came in today. Mounted up the NX8 4-32 in UM Medium Rings with Bubble level, Stockys VG stock, High Desert bottom metal. Tikka Stainless with Proof 7PRC 20" barrel blank. 3 rounds of Hornady ELD-M's in the magazine. No suppressor in this weight.

View attachment 620895
That scope looks dangerously close to the barrel, but it could be angle/shadows. What’s the distance?

With the rings mounted at the extreme ends of the main tube I don't anticipate much flex at all. If I see any evidence of contact during break in I'll update the thread. I really don't want to go to high rings.

My 223 Tikka compact with UM low rings is even tighter good thing there is zero recoil on that puppy.

I would say the chart on UM is a bit off for Nightforce scopes. Should have gone medium on the 223 but it's mounted/zeroed and my hunt starts too soon to mess with it now.

Eleven

FNG
So <1 mm. Isn’t the normal recommendation a minimum of 1/8” (>3 mm) to avoid contact during recoil?
Are people really experiencing 1/8” flex in any part of their system during recoil? I’m not saying it is real, I’ve just never heard or seen that and I personally would be shocked if that were the case.

atmat

WKR
Are people really experiencing 1/8” flex in any part of their system during recoil? I’m not saying it is real, I’ve just never heard or seen that and I personally would be shocked if that were the case.
No clue — it’s just what I’ve always heard. @Formidilosus, you seem to have lots of answers.

Of course not, the rifles and scopes would rip themselves apart if that was the case

Are the QD studs permanent or glassed in with a threaded insert on the Stockys stocks?

Looking at bipod options and considering the Spartan.

No clue — it’s just what I’ve always heard. @Formidilosus, you seem to have lots of answers.
Many years ago I had a Leupold 6x with mil dot reticle and 42mm object mounted so low over the barrel that cash money would just barely clear. Carried that rig afield for years and years and also shot it a lot. Was always worried that some wayward pine needles or aspen twigs would get wedged in there and cause trouble, but never had an issue with it being so close. Only thing was that an objective cap was precluded; thus I used a neoprene cover on that rig.

It should be even less of an issue for more robustly built scopes.