Stocky’s Hunter VG Tikka stock

@Ryan Avery you and Jake mentioned rem 700 inlets and different barrel channels in the latest podcast. You guys get it narrowed down on what barrel contours it'll come in? Will stockys be able to do a "custom" barrel channel even if it means waiting longer for the stock?

I don't know shit about barrel contours you guys mentioned bartlein 3b and sendero? If a bartlein 3b say didn't line up well with my bergara ridge #5 would the sendero be more of a universal fit if specific barrel channels where not a option?

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
You're not gonna hurt anything by getting a larger barrel channel than necessary. Keeping the SKUs to 3b and Sendero makes sense, at least up front.

-J

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
You're not gonna hurt anything by getting a larger barrel channel than necessary. Keeping the SKUs to 3b and Sendero makes sense, at least up front.

-J

This is correct.
I'm just going ot order the biggest stock barrel channel.

Dobermann

WKR
As recoil goes up and weight goes down, shootability goes down as well. However, stock design plays a role, and the 308 with a suppressor is about the heaviest recoil in this weight range that you can still spot your own shots with if your technique is solid. The Stocky’s design and build is just correct good enough to make it track well in recoil.

As a hunting rifle I dig it.
Got it ... so thoughts on this stock with a 6.5 Creed for people with medium-solid technique?

Serious question - perhaps another way to put it would be, for a 6.5 Creed for most 'average but trying hard' (ie, have taken a solid fundamentals course, can pass the THLR Proficiency Test, etc) shooters, is it worth sticking with a Bravo to increase ability to see own shots, or would moving to this stock be fine?

I get that there's a lot of variables, but interested in your general thoughts, seeing as a few here adopted Bravos for hunting.

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Got it ... so thoughts on this stock with a 6.5 Creed for people with medium-solid technique?

Serious question - perhaps another way to put it would be, for a 6.5 Creed for most 'average but trying hard' (ie, have taken a solid fundamentals course, can pass the THLR Proficiency Test, etc) shooters, is it worth sticking with a Bravo to increase ability to see own shots, or would moving to this stock be fine?

I get that there's a lot of variables, but interested in your general thoughts, seeing as a few here adopted Bravos for hunting.

For me because weight does matter, I would probably pick the Stocky’s for hunting. If weight didn’t matter, it would still be the Bravo. Until the ROKstock.

-J
3b is smaller channel right? Just need to know which for stock sporter barrels

ElPollo

WKR
3b is smaller channel right? Just need to know which for stock sporter barrels

The Bartlein 3b is a bit thicker than T3x light barrels and the veil/weidland barrels. It will be equivalent to a Formidulosus ‘throw a dead cat through it’ free float for a sporter barrel, which is what you want.

Estes640

FNG
Classified Approved
Is everyone bedding their stocks or has anyone done a comparison without vs with?

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
I don't think I could get my groups much tighter with bedding. That 8-shaped hole on the left has 4 rounds in it, not 2. I'd prefer a 10 rounder but was rushed yesterday. That's .6MOA.
Screenshot 2023-10-16 at 6.05.40 PM.png
This is a 7 rounder at .7MOA from a few weeks ago. I'll tell you right now this tikka is shooting a hell of a lot better than the one in my beautifully bedded ALLTERRA stock.
IMG_1443.jpeg

-J

Estes640

FNG
Classified Approved
I don't think I could get my groups much tighter with bedding. That 8-shaped hole on the left has 4 rounds in it, not 2. I'd prefer a 10 rounder but was rushed yesterday. That's .6MOA.
View attachment 614814
This is a 7 rounder at .7MOA from a few weeks ago. I'll tell you right now this tikka is shooting a hell of a lot better than the one in my beautifully bedded ALLTERRA stock.
View attachment 614816

-J
I’d say those results speak for themselves. Nice shooting.

Reactions: NSI

MTWILEY23

FNG
I just pulled the trigger on a VG2... now, the wait for it to be made (6-8 wk turn-around I was quoted).

Reactions: NSI

skipper907

Lil-Rokslider
I just pulled the trigger on a VG2... now, the wait for it to be made (6-8 wk turn-around I was quoted).
was that going to be for a tikka ?
If so what is the difference from the vg to the vg2 ?
I only see the VG2 offered for Remington's currently
Thanks

Dobermann

WKR
For me because weight does matter, I would probably pick the Stocky’s for hunting. If weight didn’t matter, it would still be the Bravo. Until the ROKstock.
Form, what's your expected total weight for the Rokstock plus T3X lite plus SWFA 3-9?

I'm just trying to triangulate the above with these comments from March last year:

Form recommending 9-11 lb hunting field rifle for 6.5 Creed 01.03.2022.JPG

If the Rokstock + T3X is less than 10-11 lb, is the key phrase above then "the stock designs do not allow for as much shootability as a chassis"?

As ever, I don't believe in "overthinking"; I do believe in nuance. :)

Maybe I missed it, have these been used in the drop testing? My only wonder is deviation from traditional pillars and bedding on the Rokstock.