Stocky’s Hunter VG Tikka stock

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
@Formidilosus the rifle is looking good.

I have been looking at that bino harness as well. It seems your suspension is not the same as what is on their site. Is it a prototype? or did you use a different one with the pouch?

It isn’t out yet.

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Do you know the approximate reach to trigger for the Alterra Tikka stock? It seems the Alterra grip isn't quite as vertical as the Stockys.

I do not. The Alterra is decent, however the butt and grip geometry is a bit odd.

My painted one was much grippier than the CF one. Action for was fairly loose, so I bedded it. Also cut it for an AICS DBM. Pretty good stock all around.

Attachments

• 20230219_182338.jpg
    20230219_182338.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 322

Tahoe1305

WKR
Another option that appears to add just the right grip. Plan to sponge over tomorrow.

(Edit: looks like form had a can of that too but maybe used for a light texture everywhere but the grip and forend then used the rubber for that).

Edit again: finished product. Appears grip is good all over but reinforced where needed. Came out a tad darker than I wanted but will do.

Weight still sub 23oz with lug.

Attachments

• IMG_8364.jpeg
    IMG_8364.jpeg
    308 KB · Views: 389
  • IMG_8379.jpeg
    IMG_8379.jpeg
    451.4 KB · Views: 276
Last edited:
OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Another option that appears to add just the right grip. Plan to sponge over tomorrow.

(Edit: looks like form had a can of that too but maybe used for a light texture everywhere but the grip and forend then used the rubber for that).

Correct.

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
To my eye the VG2 forestock looked closer to parallel with the bore when compared to the VG. Is that not the case?

It’s not much different. And the VG2 forend is much more square, which I wouldn’t want.

Axlrod

WKR
The backorders are probably drop shipped so no opportunity to throw a lug in the box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FYI from their site:

PLEASE NOTE: WE CURRENTLY ARE WAITING ON MORE RECOIL LUGS TO ARRIVE HERE. We can send out the stock without the recoil lug and send the lug once we have them available.

I really want to try one of these on my bergara ridge.

What's your guy's thoughts on drilling another hole in front of the bottom metal for a salmon River solutions hunter rail. My concern is the carbon and would it create a weak spot? Is the stock filled with foam or is it hollow?

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk