Stocky’s Hunter VG Tikka stock

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
To my eye the top of the butt looks like it is below the bore line like most stocks. How is muzzle rise during recoil?

It is. Just below it. As I stated in the last post, I have no issue watching impacts at 100y with a 308/175gr and a 10x scope. It’s not perfect, but is better than factory.

Any drop testing yet?

Is that a chunk missing on the right hand side of the butt near the recoil pad in the last photo? If so, any idea what caused it?

No dropping yet. Won’t be long. That’s not a missing chunk, it’s tape.

Not sure how this beats the factory stock with a vertical grip install and a Kydex cheek riser. Looks good though.

amassi

WKR
I saw and shot this stock on a buddies 22cm build (rem 700) immediately emailed iota about a tikka and they said in R&D. This stock checks a lot of boxes grip angle, negative comb, lightweight it was also very comfortable in all positions from offhand shooting movers etc. it’s a ekox from iota.
bf4ae8841fe33b3962b432408eeacb72.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
I saw and shot this stock on a buddies 22cm build (rem 700) immediately emailed iota about a tikka and they said in R&D. This stock checks a lot of boxes grip angle, negative comb, lightweight it was also very comfortable in all positions from offhand shooting movers etc. it’s a ekox from iota.

Maybe it's the pic but that trigger looks way out there.

amassi

WKR
Maybe it's the pic but that trigger looks way out there.

we’re shooting again this coming weekend I’ll measure
It’s shorter than a tikka in an ag composites privateer and factory tikka ctr

The big differences are probably where one can't see.
View attachment 588100

QUOTE="Jimbee, post: 3209327, member: 41008"]
For you folks that bought a Stockys Tikka VG, did you backorder, or what? I've ordered and payed for a stock 2x and both times was later emailed saying they didn't really have the stock.

I just email Kim asking for raw one, and of the three I have, they all have shipped within a few days. The Tikka was the most recent about a month ago, and it did come with the lug.
[/QUOTE]
That vertical grip looks like a similar shape to my magnus stock

Tahoe1305

WKR
If folks are missing a lug just email. You’ll have it in a few days (mine was a mtn tactical
Too). They mean to send them
I believe just slips qc. Easy fix.

amassi

WKR
If folks are missing a lug just email. You’ll have it in a few days (mine was a mtn tactical
Too). They mean to send them
I believe just slips qc. Easy fix.

The backorders are probably drop shipped so no opportunity to throw a lug in the box

bigunit

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered mine in June. Left hand grey web. It finally got shipped last week and is somewhere in the mail on its way to me.

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Is there a reason Stockys doesn’t make a VG2 for Tikkas? Just a market share issue?

What do you prefer about the VG2?

The issue with those from what I remember are the grip is too fat, the forend isn’t quite right and the toe line is still heavily sloped. Combined with nearly twice as expensive as the Stocky’s, I am not seeing an overall improvement.