Stocky’s Hunter VG Tikka stock

Macintosh

WKR
Thanks for doing this.
Form could you properly measure length of pull? leading edge middle of trigger shoe to just over center of butt. Others have posted that it is short, but theres been enough variability in actual posted length that I wasnt sure which were correct.
Also, any opportunity to either measure drop at comb or compare to a known entity such as an eh1? Even something informal like measuring gap from comb to a long cleaning rod laying inside the bore, etc. would quantify the more subjective comments.

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Thanks for doing this.
Form could you properly measure length of pull?

This is how each was measured- parallel with bore, through center of trigger curve-

IMG_1794.jpeg

Stocky’s= 13.5” LOP

IMG_1795.jpeg

Factory T3x with thick recoil pad= 13.75” LOP

IMG_1796.jpeg

KRG Bravo with spacers= 13.75” LOP-

IMG_1814.jpeg

M595 Master Sporter setup specifically for me for the highest ability to spot my own shots= 14.25” LOP

IMG_1797.jpeg

Trigger reach from center of where the middle finger wants to be when properly gripping the stock.

Stocky’s= 2.25”
IMG_1801.jpeg

Factory T3x with vertical grip= 1.9”
IMG_1805.jpeg

Modified T3x grip= 1.7”
IMG_1806.jpeg

KRG Bravo= 1.7”
IMG_1815.jpeg

M595 Master Sporter= 1.5”
IMG_1803.jpeg

The M595 is setup purposely to optimize for multi-positional shooting. Every person that I can remember that has shot it- from 5’4” to 6’6” has remarked how easy it is to shoot, and how easy it is to see and spot your own shots. It has the longest LOP, highest recoil pad positioning, and shortest trigger reach. The KRG Bravo is closest to it.

Also, any opportunity to either measure drop at comb or compare to a known entity such as an eh1? Even something informal like measuring gap from comb to a long cleaning rod laying inside the bore, etc. would quantify the more subjective comments.

I will.

BAKPAKR

WKR
This is how each was measured- parallel with bore, through center of trigger curve-

View attachment 589303

Stocky’s= 13.5” LOP

View attachment 589304

Factory T3x with thick recoil pad= 13.75” LOP

View attachment 589305

KRG Bravo with spacers= 13.75” LOP-

View attachment 589306

M595 Master Sporter setup specifically for me for the highest ability to spot my own shots= 14.25” LOP

View attachment 589307

Trigger reach from center of where the middle finger wants to be when properly gripping the stock.

Stocky’s= 2.25”
View attachment 589312

Factory T3x with vertical grip= 1.9”
View attachment 589322

Modified T3x grip= 1.7”
View attachment 589323

KRG Bravo= 1.7”
View attachment 589329

M595 Master Sporter= 1.5”
View attachment 589325

The M595 is setup purposely to optimize for multi-positional shooting. Every person that I can remember that has shot it- from 5’4” to 6’6” has remarked how easy it is to shoot, and how easy it is to see and spot your own shots. It has the longest LOP, highest recoil pad positioning, and shortest trigger reach. The KRG Bravo is closest to it.

I will.
Dang! Did a beaver get hold of your Master Sporter stock? 😁

Reach to trigger is an underappreciated stock fit factor, especially with kids and petite ladies. Very interesting to see the differences on these rifles, thanks.

my kids are rocking the standard grip module on the tikka factory stock, easier for them to slide up on and get a decent reach. I need to grab some of those moldable plastic beads to make something that works for them.

atmat

WKR
Reach to trigger is an underappreciated stock fit factor, especially with kids and petite ladies.
Haha even with adult men, it makes a difference. I’m 6’0” but have really tiny hands proportionately. The Stocky’s isn’t too long for me, but I would definitely prefer it shorter.

kswaterfowl

Lil-Rokslider
Haha even with adult men, it makes a difference. I’m 6’0” but have really tiny hands proportionately. The Stocky’s isn’t too long for me, but I would definitely prefer it shorter.
I'm the same way. I'm a bigger guy, but I have big palms and short fingers. The krg bravo is about perfect for me. My mcmillan game scout is a touch to long for me.

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Don’t bother painting it. I’m sure after a year with you it will be so beat up and taped up it’ll have all the texture you need.

Ha. There’s little doubt about that.

Wacko

Lil-Rokslider
@Formidilosus the rifle is looking good.

I have been looking at that bino harness as well. It seems your suspension is not the same as what is on their site. Is it a prototype? or did you use a different one with the pouch?