Silencerco Scythe TI review

Picked up my scythe on Monday, and finally got around to shooting it this evening. Highly impressed. Couple things I did notice. Pressure changed considerably. I’ve been 4 grains higher and had less bolt resistance than I did tonight, but primers looked just fine. Once I adjusted the scope, my grouping was fine. I would expect some change in the pressure, but wondering others experiences. I would have chronoed but I doubt my Magnetospeed would read it. 20” preferred barrel, 25cm, h4350 41.5gr, 134 eldm, 2630fps before the suppressor. IMG_9691.jpegIMG_9696.png

left hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Seeing as it’s July, what was the temp when you did the original test before the suppressor came and compared to today?

WKR

WKR
Picked up my scythe on Monday, and finally got around to shooting it this evening. Highly impressed. Couple things I did notice. Pressure changed considerably. I’ve been 4 grains higher and had less bolt resistance than I did tonight, but primers looked just fine. Once I adjusted the scope, my grouping was fine. I would expect some change in the pressure, but wondering others experiences. I would have chronoed but I doubt my Magnetospeed would read it. 20” preferred barrel, 25cm, h4350 41.5gr, 134 eldm, 2630fps before the suppressor. View attachment 744762View attachment 744763
4 grains or 4 tenths of a grain?
I'm trying to figure out how you fit 45.5 grains of h4350 in 25 creed alpha brass

Also curious which primer that is in the picture? Fed?

WKR

WKR
I've had one of the Scythe's in jail since January 31st 🤬 along with 3 others...I never saw the fast form 4 approvals that seems like everyone else is seeing. At this point I'm expecting my ffl 07 and sot applications and licenses to be approved before my form 4's 🤦

4 grains or 4 tenths of a grain?
I'm trying to figure out how you fit 45.5 grains of h4350 in 25 creed alpha brass

Also curious which primer that is in the picture? Fed?
During load development I stopped at 45 grains of h4350. The primer is a fed small rifle match.

WKR

WKR
During load development I stopped at 45 grains of h4350. The primer is a fed small rifle match.
I start getting compressed at around 42-43 grains

Do you notice the cratered primers? I use the same fed primers and they seem soft. Even at low pressure.

I start getting compressed at around 42-43 grains

Do you notice the cratered primers? I use the same fed primers and they seem soft. Even at low pressure.
I personally don’t worry about cratered primers. I do pay some attention to the primer edge. The hard bolt lift is what caught my attention. I did get some ejector marks closer to 44-45 grains. I didn’t worry too much since the bolt lift was fine and primers were fine. I dropped to 41.5 as that’s where my rifle shot the best, just a bit on the slow side. I’ll send you a pm as I don’t wanna clutter this thread

To be clear, I expected some variation in current load with and without, I just didn’t expect that much variation.

I’ve been shooting with mine aswell, after a few shots and in full sun I got some pressure signs but was running pressure signs.

I’m impressed aswell might drop .5 off my load but don’t really want too

ReaptheHeat

Lil-Rokslider
Ive been on backorder for the non-black version since April on SilencerShop.. anyone having luck? GF got the black version done and cleared in 2 weeks...