Silencer Central Experience Needed

Beaverdog

FNG
as a second recommendation check out pewscience.com before you buy anything. as far as the banish 30 ranks, its actually not all that great. check out diligent defense enticer s. that will be my next purchase, small time shop excellent product, form 1 shop turned form 4. you can get it in ti and be super light weight or get it in stainless and save a couple hundred but add some weight.

OP
UP NORTH

UP NORTH

WKR
I was curious about it to, but you only get a free tax stamp if you order 2 of their suppressors and pay for the tax stamp on one of them.

They should be a little more upfront in their advisement and include that in it. I was going to call them about that but I’m only in the market for 1 can so rule that out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schism

WKR
Would you order a Banish 30 for a dedicated AR suppressor? Banish 22 is only 9 ounces.
I have a couple of the older version of Banish (Varminter 3.0) cans in 22 caliber that I use on AR's quite regularly. I haven't had any issues and don't foresee having any in the future by using them on AR's but I use them for target shooting and prairie dogs and not mag dumps. I did install adjustable gas blocks on all my AR's due to being over gassed with the cans.

So here’s my Silencer Central experience since it’s finally due to be delivered tomorrow.

Timeline
1/5/22 - Purchased suppressor
2/1/22 - I received my eform from them and completed it that day
3/7/22 - E-Form was certified
10/18/22 - E Form is approved
4473 is completed
10/24/22 - I have to E-Sign 4473 again
11/12/22 - Shipping label is created
11/15/22 - USPS receives item
11/18/22 - Expected delivery date

Start to finish was a total of 317 days. I will say they make the process very easy. Especially for my first suppressor. But that timeline is ridiculous and I likely won’t be using them again

bcv

Lil-Rokslider
I was about to take a ride down the online SC rabbit trail... Glad I found this thread.

Haggin

Lil-Rokslider
Since I was just approved, here’s my timeline with Silencer Central
29 Nov 2021 - Purchased on Cyber Monday and filled out the details online, submitted a pic, etc. paid in full.
16 Dec 2021 reviewed trust and submission form and signed
13 Jan 2022 submitted to ATF
24 Dec 2022 Approved and signed 4473

So from submission to approval was 345 days. But from 390 days from Payment to approval. Prolly another 15-20 days until I get them delivered

Gynaroo

FNG
2 suppressors bought in March 22. Submitted to ATF on 4/11/22. Much of the time between purchase and ATF submission is waiting on USPS to get stuff to me and back to SC.

Received approval 12/30 and 1/1/23.
4473 filled out 1/1/23.

Would I use SC again. Yes. They were honest in the process. They said the ATF estimates timeline xxx. But it could be longer. My experience is the same for many SC customers. I never expected them to be able to deliver a golden goose when others in the industry were doing different. It’s also the same for my friends who used Kiosk or a local store. I expect the difference will be now that approval has happened. I bet my friends get theirs the next day from their store and I will have to wait a few more weeks.

Mark at EXO

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have used Silencer Central once and a Silencer Shop Kiosk at my local dealer a few times.

The Silencer Central route added 5-6 weeks (total, front and back) to the whole process when you factor-in mailing for finger prints, Silencer Central's slow shipping after approval, etc.

I used silencer central for my first suppressor purchases, I ordered two. In September I called them and made the order. It took one month for my form to be submitted to the batf. In all honesty I wasn’t the quickest getting my fingerprints done and back to them so it likely could have been less than one month had I been on the ball. I’m not too concerned about the four weeks to get it submitted and I’m happy to have some guidance through the process for my first purchases. Hopefully there’s no major hold ups on the receiving end of it for me. For future purchases I will look more into other options but so far silencer central has done nothing to make me avoid them for future purchases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
UP NORTH

UP NORTH

WKR
I decided to go through Silencer Shop since there was a Kiosk locally. It was a very simple process and now the wait begins. Excited to one day have the CGS Hyperion in my hands.

I decided to go through Silencer Shop since there was a Kiosk locally. It was a very simple process and now the wait begins. Excited to one day have the CGS Hyperion in my hands.

Yeah if you have a kiosk local and silencer shop has/can get the can you want, they are the no brainer move.

Silencer Central really shines for rural folks who are hours away from any FFL, not to mention a good one with experience with NFA items.

Purchased a Banish 30 at Western Hunt Expo with show special of being moved to front of line.
2/11/2022 purchased
4/13/2022 submitted to ATF
12/27/2022 Approved

Hopefully I'll get it in the next week or so...

tony

WKR
So can a guy get a suppressor faster?
Silencer Central has a pretty damn fancy web site and offers all kinds of services and silencers. So? for a novice like me, is that who they are looking for to do business with? I get the process, yet SC offers so many add ons for free or cheap it gets confusing, trust set up, fingerprinting, photos, barrel threading.
Could a person do prints and pics on their own and save some time?
And SC touts a 90 day e form turn around on all the pod casts I listen to.
Are the products quality?
Can one do these things on their own for a fast turn around?
I fully understand one is at the mercy of .gov when it comes to these things. SC seems to offer many extras the others do not.
MY only turn off to SC is that damn owner and his "that's a good question!" To anything hes asked.
"Hey I just burnt your house down!" "That's a good question!!!" :p

Dave C.

Lil-Rokslider
So can a guy get a suppressor faster?
Silencer Central has a pretty damn fancy web site and offers all kinds of services and silencers. So? for a novice like me, is that who they are looking for to do business with? I get the process, yet SC offers so many add ons for free or cheap it gets confusing, trust set up, fingerprinting, photos, barrel threading.
Could a person do prints and pics on their own and save some time?
And SC touts a 90 day e form turn around on all the pod casts I listen to.
Are the products quality?
Can one do these things on their own for a fast turn around?
I fully understand one is at the mercy of .gov when it comes to these things. SC seems to offer many extras the others do not.
MY only turn off to SC is that damn owner and his "that's a good question!" To anything hes asked.
"Hey I just burnt your house down!" "That's a good question!!!" :p
Don't believe the SC hype. It's all a lie. They will add wait time and it will take longer to get your suppressor if you go through them. Read through the posts on this thread or do a search and you'll see. I will never use them again.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I’ve had excellent experiences with silencer central. I’d buy from them again without hesitation. I’d also buy from silencer shop and many other dealers without hesitation.

I’ll also add, on other SC threads people will say that SC will up charge you or charge full retail on other companies products. While I’m not saying that never happens, I just looked at my SC account and I paid less for my TBAC ultra 7 than Hanson brothers and Capitol armory are currently charging. Sc charged me 1035.00 for it and it is 1180 at Hanson brothers and slightly less at Capitol armory.

When I bought my dead air mask 22, I was charged 439.00 and the guy called me back the next day and told me he had an additional 20 dollar coupon he was going to apply.

As far as delays, I’ve had about 2 weeks on the front of my last order because they didn’t have the TBAC and dead air stuff in stock so they had to order it. I paid and my paperwork was submitted (because they got the silencers) in ~ 2 weeks in both cases. Not a huge deal to me. When my first 2 silencers were shipped, I got them like 8 days after the final approval, again, not a big deal to me.

That’s my experience and based on the volume SC does, I’d believe my experience is more of the normal user experience. As I said earlier, I’d buy from other companies without hesitation as well but no reason for me to get pissy and go to another company when my experiences have been satisfactory. I’ll also add that I really like my banish 30 and 22.

Last edited:

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Don't believe the SC hype. It's all a lie. They will add wait time and it will take longer to get your suppressor if you go through them. Read through the posts on this thread or do a search and you'll see. I will never use them again.
They have never done that to me.