Silencer Cental wait times?

Ringbill27

Lil-Rokslider
Good morning All,

Out of curiosity, id like so see what everyone who has used Silencer Central have seen for wait times after ATF approvals to receiving the suppressor?

As of today, I’m at 15 days since approval and the second CLEO letter has not been sent yet. The first letter was lost by the USPS 11days ago.

With a month on the front end to get the paperwork sent to the ATF, 110days for approval (trust) and now over 2weeks in and still having at least two to go.

I’ll have spent 1/3 of the wait waiting on SC. Disappointing to say the least.

Last edited:
I am sorry to hear this is your experience. It seems I am one of the lucky ones dealing with them hearing all the horror stories on Rokslide. With the amount they are marketing it seems they are over their head in servicing the demand.

Ordered through them twice now (2023 and 2024). Exactly 3 weeks from atf approval to at my door step both times.

Duh

WKR
There’s a bunch of different info on here about this same issue. Funny your letter got “lost” by USPS because that’s the exact same BS silencer central tried to tell me and many others. They later tied to blame a storm delaying the delivery in my case.

USPS didn’t lose the letter, it just hasn't been sent out. They suck and I’ll never order through them again. Nothing bad to say about the suppressor but the company sucks at timely follow through.

OP
Ringbill27

Ringbill27

Lil-Rokslider
USPS didn’t lose the letter, it just hasn't been sent out. They suck and I’ll never order through them again. Nothing bad to say about the suppressor but the company sucks at timely follow through.
In my case the USPS did lose the letter per tracking info. The letter left SC and went way out into sodak and then quit moving. Idk why it went to sodak when it started in SW MN and had to go to NE MN.

I know there is talk about this elsewhere but it’s spread out all over the place and I want to make it easier for those you are falling for SC marketing to find this info in one thread.

The most stressful part of this “stress-free” process is not the ATF but Silencer Central doing their job in the timely manner they claim to do it in.

There is at least one thread on this here already. Silencer central is only good for people that live way far from a dealer in my opinion. Seems like a rarity that they get their part done on the front and back end in a timely manner

OP
Ringbill27

Ringbill27

Lil-Rokslider
Silencer central is only good for people that live way far from a dealer in my opinion.
That's the boat I’m in. The nearest dealer to me is 1.5hrs away and you are stuck with the suppressors they have. The next is 2.5hrs away.

I will say I did like the pay as you go that SC uses and was a large part of the reason I went with them.

Weldor

WKR
I have no issues using them. I've read the threads, surprised they don't respond to the negative press so to speak. It took several months with the trust pre covid.

WCB

WKR
I have exactly 1 suppressor bought from them but have no complaints. Bought it at Sheep Show in Jan. Approved May 15th 4473 done and back to them same day. Suppressor shipped on the 30th delivered to my door June 1st.

Used SC once, won't use them again. I'm happy with the suppressor itself (Banish 30) but was unimpressed with the speed of SC's process. I received an approval notice from the ATF via email on 12/24/22 but didn't receive my suppressor until 2/7/23. Even accounting for the holidays in that timeframe and the local LEO notification requirement, 45 days between ATF approval and suppressor-in-hand is excessive IMO.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I’ve bought a bunch of silencers from them because I live in a rural area where there are no dealers. My closest dealers are a plane ride, rental car, hotel etc away so it’s much cheaper to order through silencer central. Now that Capitol armory can send them though, I’d never use silencer central again.

Anyways, the last one I got took 99 days from submitting my stuff to the ATF and approval. When I bought it I got online to do my submission stuff and the nearest date they had was a month away during a time I’d be at work so I called them and told them I wanted to cancel my order, when I did that, they submitted me right away (took like 5 minutes, I don’t know why they make a big deal about it).

Anyways, I got submitted right away. After it was approved things went smoothly and I was able to follow it in the workflow on the app, I never got tracking info though. After 2 weeks I called them and they told me that a batch of silencers had been sent to their dealer in Alaska and I should get it any day. It was at the PO that day.

All that to say, my last transaction with them was smooth and fairly quick.

My previous purchase from them was a pain though. And it took more like a month to get my TBAC ultra 7 from approval to having it in my hands.

Silencer central sucks and the banish 30 is garbage but using them has saved me thousands of dollars just because of where I live.

Next time use Capitol armory.

OP
Ringbill27

Ringbill27

Lil-Rokslider
The banish 30 is garbage.
What makes it garbage?

Next time use Capitol armory.
What does Capitol armory do differently that makes them better? There not really a lot out there that I’ve seen about them.

I’d rather have future suppressors shipped to me rather than driving all over to get them.

Edit:
Ooo I like the price that they have on a Harvestor EVO.

Last edited:

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
What makes it garbage?

What does Capitol armory do differently that makes them better? There not really a lot out there that I’ve seen about them.

I’d rather have future suppressors shipped to me rather than driving all over to get them.

Edit:
My banish 30 is fused together in the 7” configuration, I’ve tried and tried to get the cap off but it’s just stuck, it’s now a permanent 7” can. Silencer central told me I could do a warranty for it but if they damage it (which they said they might) then it would just be destroyed and no more silencer. It’s also not a very quiet silencer. Admittedly my bar is high since I have the scythe Ti and a TBAC ultra 7 to compare it to.

My banish 30 now just goes on jet boat based hunts since it dosent matter if I don’t it up good or it stays in the back seat of my truck on my truck gun. It’s is a hell of a lot better than it having a silencer though.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
What makes it garbage?

Edit:
Capitol armory is a smaller company with a better selection and all the reports I’ve seen of them have been positive. I think they are the only other place that can ship a silencer straight to you. They also don’t make anything so they aren’t going to try to push a banish silencer on you.

Silencer central is such a huge company, they are pretty disconnected from reality. It’s basically a company run by a thousand people who peaked in highschool and still live in their hometown in South Dakota.

Capitol armory is a gun shop.

Dave C.

Lil-Rokslider
Shoulda done a search on here about SC before using them. There are multiple threads detailing their abhorrent CS and unnecessary delays.

OP
Ringbill27

Ringbill27

Lil-Rokslider
Shoulda done a search on here about SC before using them. There are multiple threads detailing their abhorrent CS and unnecessary delays.
Yep I messed up. I did ton of research annd everything looked good until I made the purchase then all the bad came out of the wood work. Mistakes were made.

OP
Ringbill27

Ringbill27

Lil-Rokslider
Purchased 2/8/24
Submitted 3/8/24
Approved 6/26/24
At my door today 7/29/24

less then 4 months wait on the ATF and over 2 months waiting in silencer central. A lot of wasted time with silencer central.