Silencer Central After eForm Approval

ATF approved my eForm and I completed the 4473 form. Now Silencer Central has to contact local LE.

It seems this is the part in the process where Silencer Central have the most complaints. What has been your experience with SC after eForm approval? How quick did you get your can?

WKR
"with the current work flow we have we are able to get the CLEOs out in 24 hours if not same day after the 4473 Transfer form is complete. We send the notice out as certified mail so once it is marked delivered the 7 calendar day wait starts. Once day 7 is upon us our shipping team starts getting things ready to go so we can send you tracking information"

This is what SC told me to expect. A day or two to mail the notice, however long delivery takes, a weeks wait, then they begin putting your shipment together. I'd say 3 weeks.

DRUSS

WKR
had a couple different times, 1st time was about week and half second time was about 3 weeks. 3 weeks was in July August 2023 and other was November 2022

Andouille

Lil-Rokslider
I received LE approval Aug 28 and my silencer arrived yesterday, Sept 27. It was hung up at the local FFL for ten days before they shipped it to me for some unknown reason. Not sure who's fault that was.

So I ordered two Tbac supressors from them,came in Tuesday and conferenced called with them today and form 4 was sent to atf today and i got a confirmation from atf.
Now is it just the long wait?

Bluefish

WKR
Mine arrived today, was approved on the 13th. Of that time, 12 days to send notification and wait 7 days (I know should be done at submission), shipped on the 26th, arrived 29th. So the back end process added just over 2 weeks. From date of purchase to taking possession was 9 months.

Bluefish

WKR
So I ordered two Tbac supressors from them,came in Tuesday and conferenced called with them today and form 4 was sent to atf today and i got a confirmation from atf.
Now is it just the long wait?
You have about 240 ish days for the atf to do something, then another 2-3 weeks for SC to ship it to you.

WKR
I'm 8 days post approval, the LEO notice still hasn't been delivered. So I haven't even started the 7 business day wait before the 7 business day wait.

Mistakes were made, as the kids say.

Buelrdr29

FNG
Mine was approved on Oct. 14th. Law enforcement letter sent a few days later and final approval letter signed 21st. Still waiting for it to ship. The tracking info says awaiting info and has had that status since the 23rd.

I called to ask a few other questions last week. Customer service said they have been getting more approvals in a day than in a week in the past. So their shipping department is getting backlogged.

Duh

WKR
Mine was approved on Oct. 14th. Law enforcement letter sent a few days later and final approval letter signed 21st. Still waiting for it to ship. The tracking info says awaiting info and has had that status since the 23rd.

I called to ask a few other questions last week. Customer service said they have been getting more approvals in a day than in a week in the past. So their shipping department is getting backlogged.
They had that excuse for me after I got approved. They also tried to blame the LE notification letter not getting delivered for 2 weeks on USPS. No surprise, they took even longer to mail it out after that 7 day period passed.

WKR
Silencer central is now sending out emails citing extended delays in shipping due to "unprecedented approvals from the atf".

Could it possibly be that delaying the LEO notice until after approval has doubled their workload after approval?!? I bet they wish they did that ahead of time now!