Silencer Central After eForm Approval

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Also, the second time I ordered from them, they already had my photo, fingerprints and other stuff on file. I did 100% of the deal over text message. It was much better that way.

Joe91009

FNG
Mine was approved 12/12/20223. Still has not left their main warehouse… They keep giving me the runaround. I finally got a “preparing to ship” email 01/10, but no tracking yet.

They will have added ~2 months to the process (assuming I receive it within the next two weeks)
16 days from payment-submission
30 days (so far) from approved-shipped

I did everything on my end correctly and immediately. All delays have been caused by SC.

I would recommend steering clear of Silencer Central. Their company seems to follow the same procedures as the ATF - some orders are processed quickly, and some take months for no apparent reason.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Mine was approved 12/12/20223. Still has not left their main warehouse… They keep giving me the runaround. I finally got a “preparing to ship” email 01/10, but no tracking yet.

They will have added ~2 months to the process (assuming I receive it within the next two weeks)
16 days from payment-submission
30 days (so far) from approved-shipped

I did everything on my end correctly and immediately. All delays have been caused by SC.

I would recommend steering clear of Silencer Central. Their company seems to follow the same procedures as the ATF - some orders are processed quickly, and some take months for no apparent reason.
Hopefully you got something better than a banish silencer. I have one and it’s on the way back for warranty work. Took my almost 3 weeks to get a return slip for it.

Joe91009

FNG
Hopefully you got something better than a banish silencer. I have one and it’s on the way back for warranty work. Took my almost 3 weeks to get a return slip for it.
🙃

Yea I did my research after I bought it… Apparently I like to learn my lessons the hard way.

Matt5266

WKR
I got mine from them in less than a week after ATF approval. But the local LE agency they have to contact is also my employer.... I dont know if that made it quicker or not. 🤷‍♂️

WKR
I got mine from them in less than a week after ATF approval. But the local LE agency they have to contact is also my employer.... I dont know if that made it quicker or not. 🤷‍♂️
In theory, that should be impossible. The minimum 7 day wait after CLEO notice should apply anywhere, unless you picked it up in a shop.

Matt5266

WKR
In theory, that should be impossible. The minimum 7 day wait after CLEO notice should apply anywhere, unless you picked it up in a shop.
I cant say for sure exactly as it's been a while now. Could also be I didnt see the email for days after it was sent saying it was approved.

I also know they dont send emails right away. And the time starts after it is approved. I had a friend get his the day after the email because they waited/forgot to send it after approval.

Duh

WKR
What problems have you had with the banish?

MTN BUM

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Banish 30. Purchase process for me (around 2 years ago) went smoothly with SC. Sounds like its either that or a nightmare. My Banish has worked flawlessly since arrival, and I shoot a decent amount and dont take special care of it. One complaint is that it is long and heavy, so I just ordered the Backcountry. Will give me some more experience on purchase process and a lighter/shorter Banish to report on. FWIW, my experience with SC has been good so far.

WKR
I cant say for sure exactly as it's been a while now. Could also be I didnt see the email for days after it was sent saying it was approved.

I also know they dont send emails right away. And the time starts after it is approved. I had a friend get his the day after the email because they waited/forgot to send it after approval.
That must have been pre-eforms? When you say a week after approval, I assume you mean from the date on your stamp or the date of the atf email.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
There is something rattling around inside the can. I believe it’s a broken piece of….silencer and my end cap is fused onto the can even though I serviced it according to the user manual.

I’ve tried ridiculously hard to get that end cap off only to scratch up the end cap when the tool slips off.

This sort of highlights to me the fact that fully welded cans like my TBAC 7 are superior in every way and for very little price increase.

When (if) the banish comes back (if they determine it can be fixed), it will be nothing more than my truck gun silencer. I’ll keep a copy of the tax stamp in the glove box and it can bang around behind the seat on a beater rifle.

That being said, I think the banish 22 is an awesome rimfire can and I actually prefer it over my dead air mask because it’s much lighter and easier to clean while being pretty much just as quiet.

Duh

WKR
I have the Banish 30. Purchase process for me (around 2 years ago) went smoothly with SC. Sounds like its either that or a nightmare. My Banish has worked flawlessly since arrival, and I shoot a decent amount and dont take special care of it. One complaint is that it is long and heavy, so I just ordered the Backcountry. Will give me some more experience on purchase process and a lighter/shorter Banish to report on. FWIW, my experience with SC has been good so far.
Oh I had horrible customer service with SC when I got mine. I’ll never buy from them again but I was wondering what problems people had with the can itself. Mines completely sealed up from not cleaning it but I haven’t had any issues. Yet….

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I’ve actually had good experience purchasing with them. My gripe is that the banish centerfire silencers are junk compared to equally priced cans from better manufacturers and their warranty service has been a nightmare.

I mean why buy a banish 30 when a TBAC 7 is a hundred dollars more? Why buy a backcountry when the scythe is out there for a hundred dollars more?

Duh

WKR
There is something rattling around inside the can. I believe it’s a broken piece of….silencer and my end cap is fused onto the can even though I serviced it according to the user manual.

I’ve tried ridiculously hard to get that end cap off only to scratch up the end cap when the tool slips off.

This sort of highlights to me the fact that fully welded cans like my TBAC 7 are superior in every way and for very little price increase.

When (if) the banish comes back (if they determine it can be fixed), it will be nothing more than my truck gun silencer. I’ll keep a copy of the tax stamp in the glove box and it can bang around behind the seat on a beater rifle.

That being said, I think the banish 22 is an awesome rimfire can and I actually prefer it over my dead air mask because it’s much lighter and easier to clean while being pretty much just as quiet.
Gotcha, I have the same problem as you with mine being fused shut. I just said to hell with cleaning it fully haha.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Gotcha, I have the same problem as you with mine being fused shut. I just said to hell with cleaning it fully haha.
I’d be ok with just leaving it sealed and soaking it in CLR and just using as a beater but like I said, there is something loose and rattling around inside of it.

Reactions: Duh

MThuntr

WKR
I was approved with 4473s completed 7 days ago. I just looked at my SC account and shipping labels were created for each with a statement shipments could be 5-7 days after issuing. Not sure how long to expect delivery but if it's before the end of the month, I'll take that as a win as I've come to terms with their extra timeframes and there's nothing I can do to expedite them.

Joe91009

FNG
I was approved with 4473s completed 7 days ago. I just looked at my SC account and shipping labels were created for each with a statement shipments could be 5-7 days after issuing. Not sure how long to expect delivery but if it's before the end of the month, I'll take that as a win as I've come to terms with their extra timeframes and there's nothing I can do to expedite them.
Oh yea they generate the USPS label immediately and say it will be live in 5-7 days. However, that is the label they use to ship from their local dealer (in your state) to you. The issue I’m having is the time it takes them to ship from their headquarters to the local dealer.

I don’t understand why they don’t ship to their in-state dealer immediately after approval. It took a week for the CLEO notice to arrive, then another week for it to expire. And then ANOTHER 2-3 weeks to ship my order.

I was prepared to wait for the ATF approval. I did not expect SC to add even more frustration to this bullsh*t process.