Shipping fees from Kifaru to Canada

Movadius

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for some input from Canadians who have bought frames/packs from Kifaru.

I'm in Nova Scotia and about to order a Duplex Tactical frame, during checkout I'm looking at the options available and have some questions.

UPS Standard - $57 Dollars
UPS Worldwide Expedited - $186
USPS Priority Mail International - $54
USPS Prioriry Mail Express International - $80

Are these numbers the only fees I should expect to be paying aside from my provincial tax of 15%? Will I be hit with any brokerage fees, duties or anything of that nature or are we not subject to any of that due to trade agreements?

In other words, let's pretend my order comes to $943 and I select UPS Standard which costs $57. My order is now $1000. After 15% provincial sales tax, That would bring my order to $1150 USD. Is that the final total I will have to pay, or should I expect additional charges when the item reaches customs?

I've opened a ticket with their customer service to ask the same question, but hoping I can get input from Canadians who have gone through this process as well.

Thanks in advance, I hope my question makes sense.

OP
M

Movadius

Lil-Rokslider
You can expect brokerage and customs fees... Or you could try a Canadian dealer for Kifaru in BC at https://www.precisionoptics.net/category_s/960.htm

Might save you the grief of dealing with customs and Precision are stand up people. .

I was actually considering this option. The only downside is they're out of 24" curved frames. I've got a 19" torso length so I could possibly go with the 26" instead.

Since it's the tactical frame I can lower the load lifter angle with the multiple anchor points. Would that make it fit basically the same as a 24" frame?

tuffcity

WKR
"Would that make it fit basically the same as a 24" frame?" I have no idea... I'm a Stone Glacier guy. :)

Precision would probably be worth a call to get an estimate when they might restock. I can neither confirm, nor deny, that I may have spent some $ there so I'm happy to vouch for them as a customer oriented business. lol

BCsteve

WKR
Do NOT use UPS. Use USPS but expect to pay taxes when it crosses the boarder. Shouldn’t have to pay duty since they are made in the US.