Savage 110 Ultralight Sale at Bass Pro/Cabelas

I got my 6.5 creedmoor in the Ultralite. I was surprised because the 6 5 creedmoor feels heavier than my 300WSM? I got on a scalle and the Creedmoor says it is .2 lbs heavier, but it is not exactly a scale that I feel is repeatable. I did look at bolts, and the material removed and finish is much different from the 6.5 to the 300 wsm. The 300 wsm on top is more polished and has more material removed, the 6.5 creedmoor is more of a matte finish with less material removed (bottom in pic). The 6.5 creedmoor bolt also feels slightly heavier.... any thoughts?
That bolt looks like shit. Cant believe they let that out the door. Thats a no sale to me

10ringer

WKR
I got my 6.5 creedmoor in the Ultralite. I was surprised because the 6 5 creedmoor feels heavier than my 300WSM? I got on a scalle and the Creedmoor says it is .2 lbs heavier, but it is not exactly a scale that I feel is repeatable. I did look at bolts, and the material removed and finish is much different from the 6.5 to the 300 wsm. The 300 wsm on top is more polished and has more material removed, the 6.5 creedmoor is more of a matte finish with less material removed (bottom in pic). The 6.5 creedmoor bolt also feels slightly heavier.... any thoughts?

Keep us posted, that looks like a Chinese fake from a mile away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PsRpOiGrRiAtM

Lil-Rokslider
I know what you mean about the screws being tight in the holes--mine were super tight but I just kept turning and they went in. Must not have been too bad because the mounts are still on!

The bolt might've been from a different version that they're offering with a fluted bolt and got mixed up in a parts box. That's the only thing I can think of. Nowhere have I ever seen an Ultralite with that type of bolt. It's also concerning that the barrel is off-center, even in another stock. The actions are supposed to be blueprinted if I remember correctly.

OP
ArcherAnthony

ArcherAnthony

Lil-Rokslider
My 6.5 PRC bolt looks like the one on the top in your picture. My threads were also very tight and i did what PROGRAM said he did i just kept turning them.

Savage customer service wants me to send both of my rifles in to be looked at. They said definitely want the gunsmith to see the 6.5 Creedmoor. Hopefully they address all the issues, but holding onto the 300 WSM until the 6.5 comes back

OP
ArcherAnthony

ArcherAnthony

Lil-Rokslider
Savage customer service wants me to send both of my rifles in to be looked at. They said definitely want the gunsmith to see the 6.5 Creedmoor. Hopefully they address all the issues, but holding onto the 300 WSM until the 6.5 comes back
Why do they want to see the 300WSM?

TCC

FNG
I got one in 300 WSM on the way to my local cabelas. I have an MDT Hnt26 chassis with folding stock and ARCA rail to put it in, which I got during their Black Friday event. This should take care of that cheap stock.
How involved is it to swap out the factory stock to the MDT Hnt26 chasis?

My Ultralight is a tack driver straight out of the box shooting Factory Hornady Outfitter 130gr CX bullets. But yes the stock is less than desirable
Which stock do you like/ think would go well with the Savage 110 UL, I just bought mine in 7mm PRC from Rural King for 1300. Interested in the stock swap but dont know much as this is my first bolt rifle.

Tahoe1305

WKR
I have mine in a magnesium element chassis.

The VG stockys would be a good option too.

Jfjfrye

Lil-Rokslider
Which stock do you like/ think would go well with the Savage 110 UL, I just bought mine in 7mm PRC from Rural King for 1300. Interested in the stock swap but dont know much as this is my first bolt rifle.
VG2 is the way I went. Just couldn’t justify the price I paid for my rifle (XLR&MDT) it was a great fit. Had to dremel about 1/16 in the corners inside the mag well to get the mag to eject smooth. But it took 30 seconds. I will
Be bedding it soon.

Attachments

• IMG_8892.jpeg
    IMG_8892.jpeg
    385.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_8862.jpeg
    IMG_8862.jpeg
    410.6 KB · Views: 28
VG2 is the way I went. Just couldn’t justify the price I paid for my rifle (XLR&MDT) it was a great fit. Had to dremel about 1/16 in the corners inside the mag well to get the mag to eject smooth. But it took 30 seconds. I will
Be bedding it soon.
That looks nice, what rings did you use for your Leupold?