Savage 110 Ultralight Sale at Bass Pro/Cabelas

OP
ArcherAnthony

ArcherAnthony

Lil-Rokslider
The VG2 is way better than the stock stock , no flex at all .
I shot mine at 200 the other day with bipod and rear bag and the amount of flex just from my cheek weld was irritating. I have to get one of these stocks.

I shot mine at 200 the other day with bipod and rear bag and the amount of flex just from my cheek weld was irritating. I have to get one of these stocks.
I think the stockys vg is a great option considering other options, especially price vs what you get

I got the xlr because I take a lot of new hunters out, with some of them being females so I wanted some adjustability to make it comfortable for different shooters

If I was personally using the rifle, I think I would certainly go with the vg. The xlr is sick, but it took like 26 weeks to get, it’s expensive, and it’s cold in the hand in cold weather. Excellent for the purpose I needed, but I wouldn’t get one for myself most likely (especially with the rokstok in the picture in the near future)

OP
ArcherAnthony

ArcherAnthony

Lil-Rokslider
I think the stockys vg is a great option considering other options, especially price vs what you get

I got the xlr because I take a lot of new hunters out, with some of them being females so I wanted some adjustability to make it comfortable for different shooters

If I was personally using the rifle, I think I would certainly go with the vg. The xlr is sick, but it took like 26 weeks to get, it’s expensive, and it’s cold in the hand in cold weather. Excellent for the purpose I needed, but I wouldn’t get one for myself most likely (especially with the rokstok in the picture in the near future)
Great feedback. I like the traditional look myself too so the VG is appealing to me.

Dukhtr3

FNG
10% off with code 24CLUB18 today. Just bought one .
f36fa083d6dc5cc6ac0ee116fa61a25a.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Here is my 300 WSM with the MDT HNT26 chassis with the buttstock folder, and ARCA rail.

Attachments

• 20240109_195608.jpg
    20240109_195608.jpg
    313.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 20240109_200547.jpg
    20240109_200547.jpg
    353.9 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Tahoe1305

WKR
Here is my 300 WSM with the MDT HNT26 chassis with the buttstock folder, and ARCA rail.
Guessing that’s sub 6lbs. Nuts for a folder.

I just got Scheels to price match and then used another 7% off AJ to snag one for my XLR folder. It will weigh 6.5lbs though.

Think these are on sale to make room for their new elite ultra lite line (which just adds the HNT26 for a $3k price tag).

Guessing that’s sub 6lbs. Nuts for a folder.

I just got Scheels to price match and then used another 7% off AJ to snag one for my XLR folder. It will weigh 6.5lbs though.

Think these are on sale to make room for their new elite ultra lite line (which just adds the HNT26 for a $3k price tag).
I got the HNT26 w/ folder on their Black Friday sale, so 40% off. It was a hair over 1k after sales tax and shipping, so I am well under the 3k price tag

Tahoe1305

WKR
I got the HNT26 w/ folder on their Black Friday sale, so 40% off. It was a hair over 1k after sales tax and shipping, so I am well under the 3k price tag
That’s awesome. I personally don’t see many paying that $$ on the new savages. Just a lot for that base action with some fancy barrel and stock. For 10% more folks can have the same with a custom action.

I got my 6.5 creedmoor in the Ultralite. I was surprised because the 6 5 creedmoor feels heavier than my 300WSM? I got on a scalle and the Creedmoor says it is .2 lbs heavier, but it is not exactly a scale that I feel is repeatable. I did look at bolts, and the material removed and finish is much different from the 6.5 to the 300 wsm. The 300 wsm on top is more polished and has more material removed, the 6.5 creedmoor is more of a matte finish with less material removed (bottom in pic). The 6.5 creedmoor bolt also feels slightly heavier.... any thoughts?

Attachments

• 20240117_152553.jpg
    20240117_152553.jpg
    326.7 KB · Views: 82

Tahoe1305

WKR
I got my 6.5 creedmoor in the Ultralite. I was surprised because the 6 5 creedmoor feels heavier than my 300WSM? I got on a scalle and the Creedmoor says it is .2 lbs heavier, but it is not exactly a scale that I feel is repeatable. I did look at bolts, and the material removed and finish is much different from the 6.5 to the 300 wsm. The 300 wsm on top is more polished and has more material removed, the 6.5 creedmoor is more of a matte finish with less material removed (bottom in pic). The 6.5 creedmoor bolt also feels slightly heavier.... any thoughts?
Weird. I got one and 6.5C bolt looks like the top. I pick it up Friday and will weigh. Couldn’t pass it up. Actually managed out the door at $900 with some discounts. Great deal.

Last edited:
The bolt on my wife’s 6.5 looks like the top one in your pic

Also found that my 6.5 Creedmoor barrel is far off center from the stock. I thought I could loosen and tighten in the stock to get it centered but no go. I decided to drop into my MDT chassis and measured distances from the forend channel. I got .200" on one side, and .300" on the other. With my 300 WSM inside, I measure .230" on one side, and .270" on the other.

I get that everything won't be perfect, but .100" seems to be a bit much. Pondering if I should send it back before even shooting.

PsRpOiGrRiAtM

Lil-Rokslider
That's really odd--I would call Savage and explain your issues to them. Not only is the bolt the wrong configuration, but the barrel being that much off is enough for a call to them.

That's really odd--I would call Savage and explain your issues to them. Not only is the bolt the wrong configuration, but the barrel being that much off is enough for a call to them.
Yes, seems like a must. Also have the 4 scope base mounting threads (#8-40) are too tight. Looks like I need to run a tap through them, like they got some of the coating inside.

I have had this issue before on a Savage Axis. Would think Savage would decide to plug the threads before doing this.

Shouldn't have to do this for a "premium" gun.

I am not going to lie, seem turned off on Savage QC, but they typically shoot so dang good.....