Savage 110 Ultralight Sale at Bass Pro/Cabelas

ArcherAnthony

Lil-Rokslider
Just a heads up the Savage 110 Ultralight in many calibers is on clearance at bass pro/cabelas for $999.98. Yes I know the stock sucks. But you are really just buying it for the proof barrel at this cost. And it's a smoking deal. I got one in 6.5 prc a few weeks ago. Thankfully they price matched for me because I paid $1449

OP
ArcherAnthony

ArcherAnthony

Lil-Rokslider
I thought we're only allowed to like Tikkas on Rokslide?

J/K, I've been tempted by those 110 Ultralights. My current 110 Storm 300wsm completely hammers.
My Ultralight is a tack driver straight out of the box shooting Factory Hornady Outfitter 130gr CX bullets. But yes the stock is less than desirable

I got one in 300 WSM on the way to my local cabelas. I have an MDT Hnt26 chassis with folding stock and ARCA rail to put it in, which I got during their Black Friday event. This should take care of that cheap stock.
I put one in an xlr element 4.0 and it’s an easy rifle to shoot well, it’s my wife’s setup and have no complaints. I killed a few critters with it, and my wife has too. Just need a can for it and it will be pretty much perfect.

For 1k, the ultralite is a good buy, mine shot well with the factory plastic too, but I think a light chassis is a significant upgrade

OP
ArcherAnthony

ArcherAnthony

Lil-Rokslider
Shot mine at 200yds today with factory stock. I was more than happy with the results. 1" groups with factory ammo.

I put one in an xlr element 4.0 and it’s an easy rifle to shoot well, it’s my wife’s setup and have no complaints. I killed a few critters with it, and my wife has too. Just need a can for it and it will be pretty much perfect.

For 1k, the ultralite is a good buy, mine shot well with the factory plastic too, but I think a light chassis is a significant upgrade
My only dilemma now is whether I need to buy another one in a different caliber.

I know the 300 wsm would be good for elk, but do I need a lighter caliber for sheep and antelope?

I currently have a 6.5 creedmoor in savage axis, but it is about a 15 pound rifle, not something I want to lug around.

OP
ArcherAnthony

ArcherAnthony

Lil-Rokslider
I got one in 300 WSM on the way to my local cabelas. I have an MDT Hnt26 chassis with folding stock and ARCA rail to put it in, which I got during their Black Friday event. This should take care of that cheap stock.
Let me know how that build goes. Ive been really considering switching stocks.

Tahoe1305

WKR
Someone help me out here.

I have a 15 year old 110 built into a fairly high end rifle (XLR folder and CF barrel). But I hate the action. It can’t reliably eject a cartridge. I’ve bought upgrade extractor kits and maybe a smidge of help.

Are the new ultralights any better? For the price I want to switch the action out but not if the new ones function the same.

My only dilemma now is whether I need to buy another one in a different caliber.

I know the 300 wsm would be good for elk, but do I need a lighter caliber for sheep and antelope?

I currently have a 6.5 creedmoor in savage axis, but it is about a 15 pound rifle, not something I want to lug around.
That’s not a dilemma 😏 of course you need another one

I have a 15 year old 110 built into a fairly high end rifle (XLR folder and CF barrel). But I hate the action. It can’t reliably eject a cartridge. I’ve bought upgrade extractor kits and maybe a smidge of help.

Are the new ultralights any better? For the price I want to switch the action out but not if the new ones function the same.
I have not seen any extraction issues in the 2 I’ve had, both 6.5creeds, one LW storm and one UL, but it’s not been an issue in either

What cartridge out of curiosity?

Tahoe1305

WKR
I have not seen any extraction issues in the 2 I’ve had, both 6.5creeds, one LW storm and one UL, but it’s not been an issue in either

What cartridge out of curiosity?
Original was 308. New is 7 wsm. Wsm is actually better than 308 (but with upgrade kit).

I have to crank it hard to get it to fully clear. Non of my other rifles are like that.

Sample of 1, but my Ultralite runs beautifully. Not as smooth as a Tikka, but much better than a Ruger American.

I’m also tempted to pickup another, this is a great deal for a great rifle.