Savage 110 Ultralight Sale at Bass Pro/Cabelas

Tahoe1305

WKR
Sample of 1, but my Ultralite runs beautifully. Not as smooth as a Tikka, but much better than a Ruger American.

I’m also tempted to pickup another, this is a great deal for a great rifle.
Forgot about AJ. Couldn’t resist for $950 out the door.

I did roll down and test the ejection….its maybe better than I said….but I’d say far from positive.

Greenstig

FNG
Someone help me out here.

I have a 15 year old 110 built into a fairly high end rifle (XLR folder and CF barrel). But I hate the action. It can’t reliably eject a cartridge. I’ve bought upgrade extractor kits and maybe a smidge of help.

Are the new ultralights any better? For the price I want to switch the action out but not if the new ones function the same.
Forgot about AJ. Couldn’t resist for $950 out the door.

I did roll down and test the ejection….its maybe better than I said….but I’d say far from positive.
My ultralite does not eject with the authority of other actions, but it has been reliable.

I’m sure you’ve been down this road for the older 110, but some have improved ejection performance by switching out the ball bearing under the extractor for a different size.

OP
ArcherAnthony

ArcherAnthony

Lil-Rokslider
Mine runs the 6.5prc ammo just fine. I will say this though the Nosler 140gr BT did not fit in my action. The bolt wouldn't close. Im guessing the overall length was too long but I have not put it to a caliper and measured it compared to the ELDM and Outfitter CX that I shoot out of.

Loper

WKR
Can you only fit 2 rounds ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe this is what Savage specifies on its website for the 300 WSM and 6.5 PRC, but many people say you can fit three in the mag.

Last edited:
May buy one to pair with my heavier 7PRC. Seems to be a good fit for a super light backcountry rifle.

Loper

WKR
I wish they would have made these with a 20" barrel option. I would own a couple.

Make that 18” inches for me. Perhaps they will though and this is the reason these are on clearance. Proof makes the barrels in 18” length as they are already available in Savage’s carbon predator model.

Last edited:
I thought we're only allowed to like Tikkas on Rokslide?

J/K, I've been tempted by those 110 Ultralights. My current 110 Storm 300wsm completely hammers.
I don`t know. I`ve actually seen people say less than favorable things about Tikka stocks as well.

My ultralite does not eject with the authority of other actions, but it has been reliable.

I’m sure you’ve been down this road for the older 110, but some have improved ejection performance by switching out the ball bearing under the extractor for a different size.
My 110 Storm in .223 won`t throw empties halfway across the room but its never failed. Now, my Model 12 LRPV ejects with authority.

I got my savage 110 ultralite in 300 wsm , this will be my elk gun.

I am debating on what to get for antelope/deer out west and a mouflon sheep hunt in Hawaii. I currently have a Savage axis 6.5 creedmoor (have taken a nice buck running at 200 yards, cow elk at 300 yards, and bull elk at 100 yards) but will sell it after I get a new one. Should I go 6.5 creedmoor, 6.5prc or 308?

I like the PRC based on ballistics, the Creedmoor on low recoil and is a tack driver (but put 3 bullets through each of my elk, but might have been dead after the first, and have had issues with fragmentation with hornday 143 gr eld-x), and the 308 on ammunition availability and cost. I am not a reloadeder (yet).

Thoughts on what to pair with the 300 WSM?