Savage 110 Long Range Hunter 50% off at Cabelas ($485 after rebate)

Jherek

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like I missed the boat as well! Grrrrrrrr........

I've been wanted one of these for sometime now. I have the gen 1 and wow it's a shooter, just wanted a lighter version.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Went to cabelas and they had a couple of them in the “damaged” area on sale. I got excited. I figured a good beater gun for a better than 475 price after rebate would make this clunky rifle worth it! The “sale” price was 679. I showed the guy behind the counter the online price and asked how much the damages one would cost. He said 679. Wait what?! “So I can buy a non-damaged one online for 100 dollars less than this one with the gouged up stock?” He said “yes, my boss marked it down to include the damage”. Lol. Ok thanks. Byeeeee. I hate cabelas more and more all the time. Very shady practice by the “boss”. At least mark it the same price and say “it’s already heavily discounted and we can’t sell any less.”

if someone is really desperate for one of these in 6.5 creed and is ok with an ugly gouged up stock you might be able to talk them into doing it for the same price as the sale item online.

Jherek

Lil-Rokslider
Went to cabelas and they had a couple of them in the “damaged” area on sale. I got excited. I figured a good beater gun for a better than 475 price after rebate would make this clunky rifle worth it! The “sale” price was 679. I showed the guy behind the counter the online price and asked how much the damages one would cost. He said 679. Wait what?! “So I can buy a non-damaged one online for 100 dollars less than this one with the gouged up stock?” He said “yes, my boss marked it down to include the damage”. Lol. Ok thanks. Byeeeee. I hate cabelas more and more all the time. Very shady practice by the “boss”. At least mark it the same price and say “it’s already heavily discounted and we can’t sell any less.”

if someone is really desperate for one of these in 6.5 creed and is ok with an ugly gouged up stock you might be able to talk them into doing it for the same price as the sale item online.
Wow..... That is pretty bad! I can't stand them either, now especially after buying out Sprotsmans wearhouse!

I was just chatting online, they have a 6.5 in La Vista NE if someone is looking. Sounds like the 300 win mags are gone everywhere.

wapitibob

WKR
Got the rifle home from cabelas, took it apart and ran some patches thru it. Dirtiest new rifle I've ever seen.

Attachments

• 1 (Small).jpg
    1 (Small).jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 101
  • 2 (Small).jpg
    2 (Small).jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 101
Picked mine up on Christmas eve - thanks for the heads up! Had some scratches on the stock so they threw me a $100 gift card on top 🤷🏻‍♂️. Killer deal.

Attachments

• 3A81355F-E46C-470D-8A52-F0FF31AD5718.jpeg
    3A81355F-E46C-470D-8A52-F0FF31AD5718.jpeg
    388.5 KB · Views: 117

TTT

Lil-Rokslider
I had a 116 bear hunter with the same break. Just use a screw driver that fits thru the holes and screw it off. My on/off mechanism ended up breaking so I replaced it with another 3 port break.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
What thread pitch is your brake that you put on? and also, which brake?

I hesitate to try to remove the stock brake unless I can replace it with a better one.

lam396

Lil-Rokslider
Barrel length is 24 on the hunter, 24+ the brake on the LR, so closed it's 26" (from what I've read). Looks like detachable magazine on the hunter vs hinged floorplate on the LR. Those are the only differences I can see. I can't find where it lists specific barrel contour anywhere for either, but they are the same twist rate.
The long range hunter is nearly a pound lighter per the specs on Cabelas.com. seems like it would the other way around but maybe the LRH has a smaller profile barrel?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

eyeguy

Lil-Rokslider
I was planning on putting my suppressor on the brake threads. Sounds like it wont be a direct twist brake off and supp on. What will I need for an adapter? Anyone done it? Mine is 5/8x24

dsotm

Lil-Rokslider
Really tempted to pick up a 6.5x284 even though I have no real use or need for one

huntineveryday

Lil-Rokslider
The long range hunter is nearly a pound lighter per the specs on Cabelas.com. seems like it would the other way around but maybe the LRH has a smaller profile barrel?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Savage's website has the long range hunter at 8.05 lbs and the hunter at 7.55 lbs in the 6.5 Creedmoor. Cabelas website had the long range hunter at 8.05 and the hunter at 8.0, so there was some difference in that. I only checked the caliber I ordered though, not sure what the others were listed as.

The prices on the storm and hunter are pretty good right now, and had they all been on sale like that when I ordered mine I might have gotten the storm instead of the LR Hunter. But a brake and a little extra weight will help keep recoil lower for my son to shoot, and it's hard to feel bad about that sale price!

Savage's website has the long range hunter at 8.05 lbs and the hunter at 7.55 lbs in the 6.5 Creedmoor. Cabelas website had the long range hunter at 8.05 and the hunter at 8.0, so there was some difference in that. I only checked the caliber I ordered though, not sure what the others were listed as.

The prices on the storm and hunter are pretty good right now, and had they all been on sale like that when I ordered mine I might have gotten the storm instead of the LR Hunter. But a brake and a little extra weight will help keep recoil lower for my son to shoot, and it's hard to feel bad about that sale price!

Yeah I’d been wanting a storm for the stainless barrel. But at this deal I could t resist.

Plus I got 6.5x284 so I can put a new barrel on soon enough :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I’d been wanting a storm for the stainless barrel. But at this deal I could t resist.

Plus I got 6.5x284 so I can put a new barrel on soon enough :)

The barrel nut my rifle is smooth and doesn’t have the notches to use a barrel nut. Do you know of a good way to get the nut off? There are some videos on YouTube

The barrel nut my rifle is smooth and doesn’t have the notches to use a barrel nut. Do you know of a good way to get the nut off? There are some videos on YouTube

No? I haven’t picked mine up yet but I just assumed it would have the same kind as in my other savages. Hmm we shall see.

Every caliber I’ve tried to buy says not available and won’t ship to store. Also doing that with a beretta 20ga they have on sale

Didn't grab one of these, but I have tried to buy a beretta 686 for anywhere between $899 and $1299 maybe 4 or five times this year.... i show them the website price on my phone and they just shrug. Hahaha
Maybe one of these times I'll get lucky!

wapitibob

WKR

They're using a home made compression wrrench.

wapitibob

WKR
Two days of cleaning and I've had enough. I think they just drop the whole barrel into the tank and figure the end user will just shoot the coating out of the rifling.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 92
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 94