Savage 110 Long Range Hunter 50% off at Cabelas ($485 after rebate)

TTT

Lil-Rokslider
Two days of cleaning and I've had enough. I think they just drop the whole barrel into the tank and figure the end user will just shoot the coating out of the rifling.
This is my first Savage so have no idea if this is par for the course. I also gave up cleaning. Hopefully it shoots well despite the dirty looking bolt face & barrel.

mahnster

FNG
The barrel nut my rifle is smooth and doesn’t have the notches to use a barrel nut. Do you know of a good way to get the nut off? There are some videos on YouTube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used a pipe wrench and replaced the nut.

Just got the shipped status this morning!! They heard us hahaha

Man, ordered mine on the 18th and still “processing”. Not holding my breath on this one. Glad you got yours.

Anyone else had a gun order “processing” for 2 weeks and actually received it?

I have tried to figure out why the bolt face would be dirty? That makes no sense to me. As far as the barrel, is that just a protective coating from the factory?

TX_Diver

WKR
Man, ordered mine on the 18th and still “processing”. Not holding my breath on this one. Glad you got yours.

Anyone else had a gun order “processing” for 2 weeks and actually received it?

I had some other stuff from Cabelas that was processing for 3 weeks (ordered when in tock then went out of stock shortly after). It arrived eventually. Wasn't a firearm though so YMMV.

dye7barrel

Lil-Rokslider
I have tried to figure out why the bolt face would be dirty? That makes no sense to me. As far as the barrel, is that just a protective coating from the factory?

I asked Savage when I bought my 6.5 CM years ago. Savage test fires rifles at the factory was the response I got. I think 2 rounds if memory serves.

joestrow

WKR
I’m still waiting on my 7MM, which was ordered on the 18th. I chatted with them a few times and have been told different things. But pretty much no guarantee that the order will be fulfilled because their warehouse is running behind...

I just got notice that my rebate for the rifle was successful and should arrive. Good news that it worked! Anyone taken theirs to the range yet and shot it?

Ucsdryder

WKR
Went to cabelas and they had a couple of them in the “damaged” area on sale. I got excited. I figured a good beater gun for a better than 475 price after rebate would make this clunky rifle worth it! The “sale” price was 679. I showed the guy behind the counter the online price and asked how much the damages one would cost. He said 679. Wait what?! “So I can buy a non-damaged one online for 100 dollars less than this one with the gouged up stock?” He said “yes, my boss marked it down to include the damage”. Lol. Ok thanks. Byeeeee. I hate cabelas more and more all the time. Very shady practice by the “boss”. At least mark it the same price and say “it’s already heavily discounted and we can’t sell any less.”

if someone is really desperate for one of these in 6.5 creed and is ok with an ugly gouged up stock you might be able to talk them into doing it for the same price as the sale item online.

called cabelas and got sent to a manager and they made it right. Pretty impressed actually. Numerous people actually gave a shit! You don’t see that with big box stores much anymore. Good work cabelas!

Ucsdryder

WKR
is the 6.5 creed a short or Long action?

has anybody put one in a chassis or swapped the barrel yet? Going to turn it into a kids gun. The muzzle threading is 5/8-34 FYI. Kind of a strange threading and won’t fit my thunderbeast.

has anybody put one in a chassis or swapped the barrel yet? Going to turn it into a kids gun. The muzzle threading is 5/8-34 FYI. Kind of a strange threading and won’t fit my thunderbeast.

That’s a bummer, was planning on putting my can on the 7mm mag I got. May have to either swap the barrel or put it up for sale

Last edited:

Ac338

WKR

Same thing I picked up. It is a short action 4.4" between action screws. I ordered an MDT XRS chassis, MDT rings and 20 MOA base, as well as the Timney accutrigger replacemen. Keeping the stock barrel until I shoot it out then will replace with something. Chassis will be here monday(maybe) also get the benefit of AICS detachable mag with the chassis.

wapitibob

WKR

your smith can part off/ re thread for about $50.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Got the brake off. There is some kind of thread locker in there. What a pain! I stuck 2 nails through the open ports, aligned with the barrel. Then put it in a vice loosely, enough to engage the nails. Twisted the stock and it finally broke. The hardest part was getting the bent nails out!