SAUM’s Share yours !! Pics Heavy !!

DosAmigos

FNG
I am having a Sako 85 action re barreled with a 22" proof barrel and will be topped with a Trijicon Ten Mile HX, will be loading a Berger 175 Hunter Elite. I cant wait to add some hunting pictures to this group this season.

calico pig

Lil-Rokslider
To help give people information on

What’s Special about a SAUM?

I’d like to keep this thread about the SAUM,s only that utilize headstamped
Brass in 6.5, 7, & 300 SAUM.

I’d like to see Rifle build pics guys are using chambered in SAUM.

Also include some positive information regarding the benefits & Performance you’ve experienced from your SAUM rifles, to help introduce & promote the SAUM to others.

This is to piggy back off of another thread I started recently to help promote continued support of a cartridge that performs really well, & deserves to remain available.

Help Keep the SAUM’s Alive !!

Thank you for your support.

Now share your Great pics & Experience of your favorite SAUM.
I will get some of my pics up. I have a 7Saum, 26 inch Proof Sendero, Manners Stock, Jewel Trigger, APA muzzle brake. Bullet is a 180Gr Berger HVLD over 3000 FPS. Scope is a Tangent Theta TT315M in American Rifle Company Rings. It's a serious backcountry rig for me. Personally it ends at large deer with this set up and then I jump to the 300 Winny which is built as a clone but with a Barnes TTSX 180 as the pill. I'm not saying the 7Saum is not a do all. I'm just saying I don't use it as a do all. It's my deer rifle. It's one of my most prized possessions :) I wouldn't sell it for anything. I have 3000 pieces of unfired Norma Brass and 500 loaded rounds of my exact recipe. So that tells you how invested I am. If I'm hunting elk I just prefer a 30 cal with a tough ass bullet. But deer, watch out!

OP
H

HuntnPack

WKR
I will get some of my pics up. I have a 7Saum, 26 inch Proof Sendero, Manners Stock, Jewel Trigger, APA muzzle brake. Bullet is a 180Gr Berger HVLD over 3000 FPS. Scope is a Tangent Theta TT315M in American Rifle Company Rings. It's a serious backcountry rig for me. Personally it ends at large deer with this set up and then I jump to the 300 Winny which is built as a clone but with a Barnes TTSX 180 as the pill. I'm not saying the 7Saum is not a do all. I'm just saying I don't use it as a do all. It's my deer rifle. It's one of my most prized possessions :) I wouldn't sell it for anything. I have 3000 pieces of unfired Norma Brass and 500 loaded rounds of my exact recipe. So that tells you how invested I am. If I'm hunting elk I just prefer a 30 cal with a tough ass bullet. But deer, watch out!
Now that 300 SAUM ADG brass is available, you might like to clone that 7SAUM and add a 300 SAUM. 🤠

waspocrew

WKR
Looking to get first blood with my Gunwerks Magnus 7 SAUM this season. Shooting very well with the 145 LRX, 160 accubond, and 175 Elite hunter. Settled on the 145 LRX at 3021 out of my 20” barrel.

Snapseed.jpeg

How is the ADG 7saum brass? I had a bad experience with the 6.5saum brass years ago. Brass was undersized in the web and primer pockets were toast after one firing. I believe this was due to ADG making the brass spec to Gunwerks reamers. Is this still a problem? I know Rich Sherman had to change all his saum based reamers because of this.

I’ve got between 3-4 firings on a box of 50 7SAUM ADG brass and primer pockets are still tight (210M primers). Haven’t annealed them yet either.