Help Keep the SAUM’s Alive !!

khuber84

WKR
I bought 200 pieces of ADG brass while waiting for my 7 saum to be built, then grabbed another 100 recently “just in case”. It’s a hunting rifle so that lot of brass will get me through the barrel life with no issues whatsoever, and through the next barrel too. Brass availability really isn’t a big deal in my opinion if you’re building a hunting rifle. Now if you’re shooting a saum as a benchrest shooter and shooting a ton, well that’s another story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I grabbed 200x pcs adg 7saum last fall. Then decided to go a different route. I'll just say, it was very easy to get rid of it at 0 loss.

OP
H

HuntnPack

WKR
Keep the positive post coming in support of the SAUM. Be sure to email brass manufacturers by going on to their web site contact page & request
Their support & desire to make SAUM headstamped brass available.

Thank You,
HP.

OP
H

HuntnPack

WKR
For those of you that may be members on other forums you can show your support of the SAUM's
by using the Links below & posting there.

Thank you.
HP.

Axle

FNG
Hey I like the SAUM and know others who shoot it locally. The case design is pretty close to ideal (in my opinion) and I think a lot more people would be shooting it if factory ammo and Lapua brass was available.

I know the 6.5 and 7 PRC are gaining popularity, and Hornady has a lot of marketing $$ to push out their new cartridges, which is kind of annoying in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for innovation. The problem is, when they come out with new case designs that don't really do anything better then what we already have, it divides resources (which are apparently quite limited.) This in turn just contributes to the component shortages and raises prices on all the niche cartridges even more.

khuber84

WKR
Hey I like the SAUM and know others who shoot it locally. The case design is pretty close to ideal (in my opinion) and I think a lot more people would be shooting it if factory ammo and Lapua brass was available.

I know the 6.5 and 7 PRC are gaining popularity, and Hornady has a lot of marketing $$ to push out their new cartridges, which is kind of annoying in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for innovation. The problem is, when they come out with new case designs that don't really do anything better then what we already have, it divides resources (which are apparently quite limited.) This in turn just contributes to the component shortages and raises prices on all the niche cartridges even more.
The vast majority of people acquiring a prc aren't hand loading. So they are essentially grabbing market share with their factory ammo. I get this philosophy. However they're definitely deviding production of needed cartridges even further by bringing new saami cases out. The 65 kinda stumped me as it little more to little less than 65 Saum and 65x284. The 7prc should have held another 3gr of powder to make it a true belt less 7mag in a shorter OAL package. The 300 def makes sense but does less than an equally throated 30 nosler does. Prior to any these cases the 7mm and 300 blaser cases already existed, and of near same case capacity, they just never had the Hornady marketing team behind them, nor adg/lapua/Peterson brass quality. The wheel just constantly gets reinvented as everyone wants the new latest and greatest, cuz it has to be better right?

Why in the world would you want to ditch reloading for factory ammo that runs $3 a pop with inconsistent velocity??

*$2 a pop is readily available online. Depending on what one's time is worth and how fast they load, you could make up the $0.65/round gap pretty easily.

BrentVA

FNG
My wife has a .300 SAUM that she has used on all of her hunts. I reload for it and recently was able to get new brass for it. I’d love to see this line stay in existence.

Guys can email all they want but I've gotta think the thing that really matters is people buying SAUM shit.

If ADG, Peterson, etc are selling their SAUM runs easily and not having a bunch of problems with it I see no reason they'd let it die other than efficiency (i.e. loss of productivity switching to make SAUM rather than just making more PRC).

OP
H

HuntnPack

WKR
Guys can email all they want but I've gotta think the thing that really matters is people buying SAUM shit.

If ADG, Peterson, etc are selling their SAUM runs easily and not having a bunch of problems with it I see no reason they'd let it die other than efficiency (i.e. loss of productivity switching to make SAUM rather than just making more PRC).
Actually Both things need to Happen.
Supply & Demand. Each Drives the other.

Also people need to know what the SAUM is & how it performs to consider it as an option for their use.

Part of that consideration is going to be able to get components readily.

More people using the SAUM’s could help by promoting why & how they like it & how well they perform.

My interest in starting this thread is to show interest & show Manufacturing that there is Demand.

Also to raise awareness that we need to be vocal.

Thank you.
HP.

Johnc427

Lil-Rokslider
I have had a couple 6.5 SAUMs. Current one is a HAMMER. 156 @ 2980 w/ N570 in a 20" tube.

Building a 15" 25 SAUM as we speak. Going to be an XP. Hoping for a 135 @ 2800 but we'll see. Ha!

ADG sells every piece of 6.5 and 7 SAUM brass they can produce.

They need to add the 300 to the lineup.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

RWT

Lil-Rokslider
I just check ammo seek and there is no 300saum available. I have a model 7 in it and 10 boxes of factory ammo not to mention a few bags of spent cases. recently had to dump a model 7 in 7saum as ammo availability scared off buyers. As much as I love the fact I took my only mule deer and elk with the 300. The evidence is clear. I need to sell the lot. Then put all the funds into to optics and more ammo for my other rifles.