Help Keep the SAUM’s Alive !!

OP
H

HuntnPack

WKR
Update: I received a nice response to my e-mail I sent with the link to our thread here from ADG.

Hello David,

You don't have to convince us. We're big fans of 6.5 and 7SAUM and plan to continue manufacturing it for the foreseeable future. Unfortunately, 300SAUM is not a caliber we intend to pursue in 2024. Thank you for the request and inquiries which help drive our R&D process.

Best regards,
Kevin | Sales
Atlas Development Group, LLC

OP
H

HuntnPack

WKR

deadwolf

WKR
As has been said before, ADG sells out of SAUM brass the day they put it on the site or ship to dealers. I don’t believe it’s going anywhere for the foreseeable future…as evidenced by their email response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
As has been said before, ADG sells out of SAUM brass the day they put it on the site or ship to dealers. I don’t believe it’s going anywhere for the foreseeable future…as evidenced by their email response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jake said on the shoot2hunt podcast that while ADG did make it they made a large percentage less then Jake was expecting therefore the percentage of saum brass unknown got was less then they expected by a large percentage. He didnt quote exact numbers or percentages though.

I love my SAUM and like stated above asked Lapua about making brass a while back and they didn't seem too excited about it.

My 20 inch 7 SAUM running 180 Hybrids at 2840 is awesome with .5moa to 800. If I was building today I'd think hard about the PRC if anything due to future brass.
Curious on this do you have a sammi chamber? What overall length? And what powder? I have a 18 inch barrel ordered, just exploring options.

rootacres

WKR
7 SAUM = BEST LOWER 48 HUNTING CARTRIDGE

Many that have used it believe this. I fall in that category. Some cartridges are introduced at the wrong time, or struggle to gain traction due to platforms or factory loaded ammo options. I believe that was the case here.

If the 6.5 PRC was necked up to a 7 and that’s what Hornady released as the new 7 PRC people would have jumped on it. Instead, we got another long action magnum 7mm. The list is short for short action magnum 7s. I hope this one survives.

OP
H

HuntnPack

WKR

Slick8

Lil-Rokslider
I just snagged 150 rounds of norma brass for my 7 saum. I'll likely retire my old brass this year.