Help Keep the SAUM’s Alive !!

HuntnPack

WKR
I'd like to Keep this thread related only to the Family of SAUM cartridges 6.5, 7, & 300.
Please show your interest & support to brass manufacturers by e-mailing your interest in the
SAUM's

I'd like to get your brief positive endorsement comments in this thread in support of the request.

You can also go onto places like ADG, Peterson, Lapua, & Alpha web page & on the contact page, E-mail your request & support
Of the SAUM Head Stamped Brass

I Believe the SAUM cartridge should not fade away. In fact with recent advances in action length options, Barrels, barrel twist rates, powders, bullets, etc. the SAUM's are a very viable option today.

With enough public comment in support maybe we can persuade ADG & others to consider offering 300 SAUM Head Stamped Brass. ADG already offers 6.5, & 7 SAUM.

I will share a link to this thread with Brass manufacturers if enough interest is generated.

Appreciate your Help even if you're not a SAUM fan.
Please support keeping a great cartridge available.

HP.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Are they in danger of disappearing? Lots of SAUM shooters out there, myself included. The 7 saum is the most awesomest cartridge I’ve ever shot or loaded : )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently you don’t have a 6UM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

khuber84

WKR
Newest lot of Hornady production 6.5 Saum sold on the gap website isn't too bad either from a few I know who've used it. Believe Gardner loaded 147s to 3050fps with h1000(not a low psi load) and put 12-15 firings on one case without annealing. Primer pocket was still good in his findings.

I'd like to Keep this thread related only to the Family of SAUM cartridges 6.5, 7, & 300.
Please show your interest & support to brass manufacturers by e-mailing your interest in the
SAUM's

I'd like to get your brief positive endorsement comments in this thread in support of the request.

You can also go onto places like ADG, Peterson, Lapua, & Alpha web page & on the contact page, E-mail your request & support
Of the SAUM Head Stamped Brass

I Believe the SAUM cartridge should not fade away. In fact with recent advances in action length options, Barrels, barrel twist rates, powders, bullets, etc. the SAUM's are a very viable option today.

With enough public comment in support maybe we can persuade ADG & others to consider offering 300 SAUM Head Stamped Brass. ADG already offers 6.5, & 7 SAUM.

I will share a link to this thread with Brass manufacturers if enough interest is generated.

Appreciate your Help even if you're not a SAUM fan.
Please support keeping a great cartridge available.

HP.
Sorry you lost me at 300 saum :)
The 6.5 is thee only use for that case

BBob

WKR
7 saum is very dominant in the BR and fclass game. 180 Berger hybrids at 2930 kill very efficiently!
But many are abandoning it and turning to PRC’s and improved PRC’s because of the lack of SAUM brass. 7 FCP and 30 FCP are a couple in the works. Cortina and many others are shooting a variation of the 7 PRC. Cortina has dubbed his the 7PRCW.

Slick8

Lil-Rokslider
I love my SAUM and like stated above asked Lapua about making brass a while back and they didn't seem too excited about it.

My 20 inch 7 SAUM running 180 Hybrids at 2840 is awesome with .5moa to 800. If I was building today I'd think hard about the PRC if anything due to future brass.

deadwolf

WKR
I bought 200 pieces of ADG brass while waiting for my 7 saum to be built, then grabbed another 100 recently “just in case”. It’s a hunting rifle so that lot of brass will get me through the barrel life with no issues whatsoever, and through the next barrel too. Brass availability really isn’t a big deal in my opinion if you’re building a hunting rifle. Now if you’re shooting a saum as a benchrest shooter and shooting a ton, well that’s another story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk