Sasquatch/Bigfoot/ Steve Isdahl

Drenalin

WKR
I'm on the fence about bigfoot and can't see the point in either side's proselytizing. I don't see how the existence or non-existence of a hairy humanoid changes anything for me. If I find out tomorrow that there are bigfoot monsters running around in the areas I hunt, and I've never had a good or bad experience with one, then it doesn't change anything for me to know they're there. If we were somehow all completely assured that these things don't exist, my hand-wringing over the issue can't decrease from where it is now because the issue rarely enters my consciousness. On the other hand, I didn't know before this thread that they were considered dangerous. Hopefully I'm not maimed, killed or raped by one. But whether I believe or not probably wouldn't change that.

OP
BeastOfTheTrees
If there not of this world and can detect trail cams. Then they will most likely detect the electrical impulse of you thinking of drawing your pistol and snap your next before your brain even tells you're hand to move.

Totally agree with you supposedly they are very fast and like most predators do probably watch the eyes of whatever they are watching. But in the off chance I have time then .454 Casull it is. Makes me feel better too.

OP
BeastOfTheTrees
There are lots of FACTS and EVIDENCE available about Sasquatch. Let’s go over them:

1. They have been spotted and seen all over North America as well as most the world.
2. They throw rocks at people.
3. They smell real bad.
4. They can sense and control electronics.
5. They can use their mental powers to make humans sick.
6. They are the largest 2 foot walking humanoid on the planet.
7. No one has ever found their hair or dna.
8. No one has ever found their shit.
9. No one has ever found a body.
10. Bigfoot is sneaky as shit!!

That should cover most the facts. 🍺🐒

Negative on 7. And 8.

OP
BeastOfTheTrees
I'm on the fence about bigfoot and can't see the point in either side's proselytizing. I don't see how the existence or non-existence of a hairy humanoid changes anything for me. If I find out tomorrow that there are bigfoot monsters running around in the areas I hunt, and I've never had a good or bad experience with one, then it doesn't change anything for me to know they're there. If we were somehow all completely assured that these things don't exist, my hand-wringing over the issue can't decrease from where it is now because the issue rarely enters my consciousness. On the other hand, I didn't know before this thread that they were considered dangerous. Hopefully I'm not maimed, killed or raped by one. But whether I believe or not probably wouldn't change that.

Drenalin

WKR
Well, I spent more time there than I should have. I'm not sure if that was another attempt at bigfoot evangelism or not, but it didn't move the needle for me. Thanks for the reading material though, I got through it all in one dump!

OP
BeastOfTheTrees
Well, I spent more time there than I should have. I'm not sure if that was another attempt at bigfoot evangelism or not, but it didn't move the needle for me. Thanks for the reading material though, I got through it all in one dump!

Anytime man, I’d check out all the stories of all the matching descriptions from almost every Native American tribe in North America. Then look at the correlation of those descriptions to the ones of Native cultures from all over the world. It’s all the same with ever so slight difference in size, very strange coincidence. As far as future reading material if still interested.

Jimmy

Lil-Rokslider
Tempting to buy a costume and make a few appearances and leave a little sign, and watch the world go wild... except for the whole probably getting shot thing.

Shraggs

WKR
Was fascinated by the mystery as a kid, as an adult lack of proof I lost interest.

but,

Les Stroud/survivor man did a Dedicated special, I respect him, and I have to say he made a compelling case without proof. Good watch regardless. But I did have chills at the end of it.

Diesel

WKR
Two thoughts.

One,
Have you, or anyone you know, ever found bear remains in the woods other than known shot bears? I live in bear country and see live bears regularly and have not ever found one dead, even after bear season. Yet I have found many deer remains.

I have asked that question to hunters ( not in regards to a Bigfoot discussion) for years and have never got a positive response.

Two,
Living in the big woods of Pa., I had heard stories of mountain lion sightings. I had declared many times I would not believe it till I saw one. Until my step son and I saw one strolling across the road in broad daylight.

In many years of bobcat hunting and looking at thousand and thousands of tracks covering thousands of miles of back roads we have never seen a lion track in Pennsylvania. Now the Pa game commission admits that there is proof they are here at least as just passing through even though they denied it for years.

So the bigfoot thing is still a far out maybe. I doubt there is and will believe it when I see one with my own eyes.

Kenn

WKR
Totally agree with you supposedly they are very fast and like most predators do probably watch the eyes of whatever they are watching. But in the off chance I have time then .454 Casull it is. Makes me feel better too.

I love this thread! I would like to start a new one to see what caliber/bullet people think would be appropriate for an imaginary beast. I would think a silver bullet might be good, and if holy water could be sprinkled on it, all the better. At least it's not another "Is this round good for elk?" thread.

Trr15

WKR
One time, several years back, a buddy and I were in my old Jeep Cherokee sport driving down a desolate mountain road when we saw a sasquatch walking right down the side of the road. We couldn't believe it, the thing was huge! My buddy was in the passenger seat eating a bag of Jack Link's beef jerky and he yelled out the window to the squatch and asked him if he wanted a ride. The squatch grunted in an affirmative nature so I stopped slightly ahead of where he was. As he approached my Cherokee, I pulled away quickly and stopped about 15 feet ahead of him. My buddy asked him again if he wanted a ride. Again, I pulled away quickly. This went on another time or two before the squatch finally lost it. He punched a hole through my windshield and grabbed my buddy by the shirt and threw him, with one hand mind you, off the side of the freakin' mountain. It was the craziest thing I've ever seen. Needless to say, l got the hell out of there and left my buddy to fend for himself. Never saw either of them again....The whole thing was actually captured on video. I'll see if I can find it and I'll post it on here.

Last edited:

Trr15

WKR
I love this thread! I would like to start a new one to see what caliber/bullet people think would be appropriate for an imaginary beast. I would think a silver bullet might be good, and if holy water could be sprinkled on it, all the better. At least it's not another "Is this round good for elk?" thread.
Are you serious? 6.5 CM, of course.

Diesel

WKR
One time, several years back, a buddy and I were in my old Jeep Cherokee sport driving down a desolate mountain road when we saw a sasquatch walking right down the side of the road. We couldn't believe it, the thing was huge! My buddy was in the passenger seat eating a bag of Jack Link's beef jerky and he yelled out the window to the squatch and asked him if he wanted a ride. The squatch grunted in an affirmative nature so I stopped slightly ahead of where he was. As he approached my Cherokee, I pulled away quickly and stopped about 15 feet ahead of him. My buddy asked him again if he wanted a ride. Again, I pulled away quickly. This went on another time or two before the squatch finally lost it. He punch a hole through my windshield and grabbed my buddy by the shirt and threw him, with one hand mind you, off the side of the freakin' mountain. It was the craziest thing I've ever seen. Needless to say, l got the hell out of there and left my buddy to fend for himself. Never saw either of them again....The whole thing was actually captured on video. I'll see if I can find it and I'll post it on here.

That would make an awesome commercial for Jack Link's. You should give them a call.

Azone

WKR

Rumor has it that Berger is working on a 6.5mm depleted uranium projectile specifically for sasquatch protection to be used in none other than the Creed. It should be a kick ass setup but only time will tell.

OP
BeastOfTheTrees
Two thoughts.

One,
Have you, or anyone you know, ever found bear remains in the woods other than known shot bears? I live in bear country and see live bears regularly and have not ever found one dead, even after bear season. Yet I have found many deer remains.

I have asked that question to hunters ( not in regards to a Bigfoot discussion) for years and have never got a positive response.

Two,
Living in the big woods of Pa., I had heard stories of mountain lion sightings. I had declared many times I would not believe it till I saw one. Until my step son and I saw one strolling across the road in broad daylight.

In many years of bobcat hunting and looking at thousand and thousands of tracks covering thousands of miles of back roads we have never seen a lion track in Pennsylvania. Now the Pa game commission admits that there is proof they are here at least as just passing through even though they denied it for years.

So the bigfoot thing is still a far out maybe. I doubt there is and will believe it when I see one with my own eyes.

What part of PA I’m from warren county, got a great mentor that works at the Fed Prison by Bradford, he saw a lion on 2 separate occasions up this way.

Some of you may have heard Steve mention the Birkenhead river and how it's a major hotbed for sightings...that's where I cut my teeth bowhunting. I remember one of my first days ever walking the woods with a bow in my hand, I had found a mule deer trail and decided to set up at the lower end of it to try and catch a buck coming down for water. I had been sitting there in complete stillness for about 20 minutes, the sun was rising and the forest was beginning to wake up. That's when I heard it, a single loud knock...and it was close! I nervously laughed inside my head and told myself it was nothing. Mind back in the game, I focused back on the trail, visualizing the buck of a lifetime emerging from the foliage. But then there it was again, another single loud knock from the same direction. Now I'm starting to get a bit uneasy, what the hell is that? Again, now it was followed by a second knock. I'm freaking out now, looking all over in the direction the sound is coming from, and then I see it as clear as day!...About 15 yards to my right, there was a dead tree that had fallen against another tree and was stuck there, the knocking was it slowly creaking it's way to the forest floor below, 1/16th of an inch at a time. I sure felt like an idiot in that moment, I remember thinking how many of these damn sasquatch encounters are exactly this though? Ask a dozen serious woodsmen in BC if they believe in them and in my experience you'll probably hear from more believers than non believers...that said I've been in the woods since I was a kid and never seen a thing, been running trail cams for years and never got anything on them either although I have had cameras that weren't locked up appear to be messed with, would assume most people would just take the thing if they're going to go to the effort of wiping my card and turning off the cam but who knows.

Last edited: