Salsa & Hot Sauce!

sndmn11

Well Known pink hat wearing Rokslider
Bought the three pack at the farmer's market today, amazingly outstanding. I can't describe the flavors they are all so good.

Original Tabasco is my overall favorite.

We've got probably 40 different bottles though.

Salsas at the house are a rotating assortment. Currently a couple of different Matteo's and a jar of Hell on the Red.

Marie Sharps

I'm a hot sauce junkie and don't really enjoy my food unless it's spicy. I say that the only thing I don't put hot sauce on is my breakfast cereal - and that's why I don't eat breakfast cereal.

I've tried just about everything - several hundred hot sauces and while I make a lot of delicious traditional Mexican salsas, of anything that's already processed that you can order, nothing beats Marie Sharps. And it comes in various levels of spicy for people who want to taste it less and just get more spiciness.

You can order it by the gallon on Amazon and per my records, I go through about 2.5 gallons of the stuff per year - dumping the gallon jug into squeezey bottles (much more economical than ordering the 10 oz bottles).

Just try it. It's so much better than so many of the hot sauces on this thread. The flavor is just incredibly delicious and you can put it on everything.

Agross

WKR
Marie Sharps

I'm a hot sauce junkie and don't really enjoy my food unless it's spicy. I say that the only thing I don't put hot sauce on is my breakfast cereal - and that's why I don't eat breakfast cereal.

I've tried just about everything - several hundred hot sauces and while I make a lot of delicious traditional Mexican salsas, of anything that's already processed that you can order, nothing beats Marie Sharps. And it comes in various levels of spicy for people who want to taste it less and just get more spiciness.

You can order it by the gallon on Amazon and per my records, I go through about 2.5 gallons of the stuff per year - dumping the gallon jug into squeezey bottles (much more economical than ordering the 10 oz bottles).

Just try it. It's so much better than so many of the hot sauces on this thread. The flavor is just incredibly delicious and you can put it on everything.
So which flavors r the best. I’m the same way with hot sauces and spicy. I eat almost everything spicy. I don’t want painful hot, but I like hot

Vaultman

WKR
Again you guys are costing me money. I usually always have 4 or 5 different hot sauces. After this thread I’m at 8 and that’s probably gonna go up. Can’t wait to try some of these . I go through a lot of hot sauce.
No kiddin'. Rokslide is now part on monthly groceries budget. Thanks again guys! Definitely got some good suggestions on here.

My go-to grocery store hot sauce is also Cholula.

Willy's Salsa. Here in PDX I only find it in Safeway, but it isn't local. My wife loves the Sweet Mild. I like a little hotter, but that one is great.

I'm a salsa junkie. We used to get this amazing mango habanero salsa, but nobody carries it anymore. Haven't found anything else that hits the spot.

What are some of your favorites? (might as well throw hot sauce in the mix as well)
I’m pretty simple. Tabasco is my go to sauce unless it’s on Mexican food. Then it can be just about any Mexican style sauce. Sadie’s is my favorite bottled salsa. I could get by with just Tabasco though. That’s why I keep an emergency bottle in the gun safe. Right next to the apocalypse rifles.

Attachments

• 8984EB8D-2184-49F1-9683-AFFDC46493DC.jpeg
    8984EB8D-2184-49F1-9683-AFFDC46493DC.jpeg
    298.9 KB · Views: 26
1651444736492.jpeg
This one hasn’t been mentioned and is good on chicken. Plenty hot and good flavor. For backpacking I got a box of miscellaneous packets of hot sauces on Amazon, mixes things up with something new. I often to the local Mexican grocery store to get carne asada or whatever and grab a bottle from their huge assortment of sauces and get something I haven’t tried yet.

I get those little packets too. They're great for on the road and in the back country. In the back country nowadays though, I've resorted to Habanero powder. Lighter weight than liquid.

I get those little packets too. They're great for on the road and in the back country. In the back country nowadays though, I've resorted to Habanero powder. Lighter weight than liquid.
Habanero is a little hot for my taste. I suppose I could go with moderation. Where do you get the powder? Does it come prepackaged single serve? Others might find this extremely silly, but if I can save an ounce or two on a 10 day trip I will (assuming it’s not too expensive).

If you're into the powders, you need to check this stuff out. I like Habanero peppers and eat them often, but I much prefer smoked Ghost Pepper powder to Habanero.

I love where this thread is going! From, “what sauce do you like?” To “how does we get this in the backcountry?”
👏

image.jpg
Assuming I use two some days, one some days and none some days… that’s enough for a 10 day trip. I think I’ll stick with it.

• Haha
Reactions: pk_