Sad day for Canadian gun owners

RyanT26

WKR
It’s for the greater good! Clearly gun violence is a public health emergency and action had to be taken. How dare you people view the victims of gun violence as cannon fodder. All of you need to trust your elected officials, they truly have your best interest in mind. I have no doubt Trudeau consulted countless experts and only arrived at this decision after countless hours of reviewing the expert’s data.

Just to be clear this is sarcasm.

Last edited:

Dave0317

WKR
Somebody needs to tell the king that those rights are “unalienable”. The 2nd Amendment and the rest of the bill of rights are just words on paper. The rights protected by it don’t come from government permission. At least that’s what some men truly believed in 1776. I’d like to think there plenty of us that still do.

Somebody needs to tell the king that those rights are “unalienable”. The 2nd Amendment and the rest of the bill of rights are just words on paper. The rights protected by it don’t come from government permission. At least that’s what some men truly believed in 1776. I’d like to think there plenty of us that still do.
The problem government has with people who have lived with freedom, is they know those people will die at the notion to keep it. Doesn't matter where it is. However, its the constant chipping away in little pieces that accomplishes slavery to those same patriots. At some point, the threat of force in return will have to be recognized in order to get a fair chance at a fair life. And, after seeing this run down of happening in the states over covid 19, we aren't far from Canad's predicament.

Mosster47

Lil-Rokslider
It's an interesting topic. Obviously they can still have and use the same weapons they've used for hunting and handguns as well. No regular person has ever needed more than that in any situation if they happen to have a gun on them and can use it outside of the LA Bank Robbers. I know people are going to try to throw some hypotheticals and some crazy one-offs that have nothing to do with anything. I'm talking about your average first world citizen.

If you take the era in the US prior to the Brady Bill, the period it was enforced, and the short period of time since it expired in 2004 what they classify as mass shooting deaths were severly lower prior to the expiration of the bill. The overall number is very small (1:1M roughly), but still much more percentage wise.

I think in the end you'll have a minority of outraged people and a populous that won't be effected. Most of the cool gun and hunting videos I watch are guys in Australia and NZ. They don't have high capacity semi-auto rifles, but they've still got awesome guns and they shoot at everything.

KClark

WKR
That "type thing" is part of the Bill of Rights, an amendment to the US Constitution. It is the single most important legal document ever written by man. It's why russian, chinese or german isn't the universal language of this planet. It produced a population who fiercely guarded their freedom and were willing to fight for the freedom of others.

Poser

WKR
That "type thing" is part of the Bill of Rights, an amendment to the US Constitution. It is the single most important legal document ever written by man. It's why russian, chinese or german isn't the universal language of this planet. It produced a population who fiercely guarded their freedom and were willing to fight for the freedom of others.

Yeah, but “that type of thing” doesn’t necessarily apply in Canada.

OP
K

KBC

WKR
Get off your high horse. I wish we had that type of thing in Canada. I haven’t meant any disrespect in my comments nor do I feel I’ve given it. If you want to keep commenting about it feel free but I’m moving on.
I’m going to now focus my efforts on regaining democracy in my once great nation.

OP
K

KBC

WKR
Probably. It’s a heated time right now in the KBC household. Emotions and intent are so hard to convey sometimes in text. I’ll leave my comments unedited so people can see me being an ass.

It's an interesting topic. Obviously they can still have and use the same weapons they've used for hunting and handguns as well. No regular person has ever needed more than that in any situation if they happen to have a gun on them and can use it outside of the LA Bank Robbers. I know people are going to try to throw some hypotheticals and some crazy one-offs that have nothing to do with anything. I'm talking about your average first world citizen.
No offense to you personally & I don't know what your true feelings are BUT...
I get so sick & tired of people saying this crap. THE 2ND AMENDMENT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HUNTING!!
It is about preserving the rights of individual people to protect themselves from government tyranny, period.
"nobody needs more than blah blah blah" BS! It's my RIGHT to own as many guns & as much ammo as I damn well want to. I don't have to explain anything to anyone.

KClark

WKR
Probably. It’s a heated time right now in the KBC household. Emotions and intent are so hard to convey sometimes in text. I’ll leave my comments unedited so people can see me being an ass.

No worries, you'd have to try a lot harder than that to tick me off.

Besides, I'm in California so "I feel your pain"

LOL. Let the subjects be disarmed. That way when Trump unites the Continent it won’t be too difficult to sack em. Free maple syrup and tacos for everyone.