Sad day for Canadian gun owners

Mosster47

Lil-Rokslider
No offense to you personally & I don't know what your true feelings are BUT...
I get so sick & tired of people saying this crap. THE 2ND AMENDMENT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HUNTING!!
It is about preserving the rights of individual people to protect themselves from government tyranny, period.
"nobody needs more than blah blah blah" BS! It's my RIGHT to own as many guns & as much ammo as I damn well want to. I don't have to explain anything to anyone.
I grew up just down the road from Thurston and was in the same grade as Kip when he went nuts. I got to meet a few of the guys that were involved in that shooting at football events the following years after and it was just horrendous. That was a 10/22 with attached 25 round banana clips. Pre-Brady stuff.

UCC is home. A guy I went to high school with lost his daughter. My dad and his dad worked together for 20+ years. My step dad's steelhead fishing buddy was the instructor that was killed. That was your run of the mill AK. Post-Brady stuff. Most people that comment on things like this have no interaction with it at all. It's like people in northern Minnesota screaming about a wall on the Mexican border. Having lived in Tucson for a decade it's pretty hilarious.

Speaking of that I coached football at Rincon/University high school in Tucson for four seasons. Gabby Giffords went to University High and she would do a little fund raiser for us every year. She was such a genuinely nice human being. Then some wacko that went to Pima CC (I went to the same campus a few years earlier) went out to a Bashas in the north hills and shot her in the head, killed a little girl, and did all kinds of other damage. That was a Glock with a 30 round mag. Post-Brady stuff.

My best friend in the world is an AF Reaper operator at Creech and lives in Vegas. He and his wife were on the strip when that wacko took 22 ARs with high capacity mags into a hotel suite and opened up on a concert crowd. Post-Brady stuff.

My personal thought is no gun should be illegal. I do, however think the Brady Bill should have never expired. An AK or an AR with a five round mag is no more deadly than a Browning BAR. A Glock with a 10 round mag can still solve all personal defense situations.

Because of the absolutely insane amount of semi-auto rifles and high capacity magazines that were manufactured and sold after the Brady Bill expired there is no way of getting that cat back into the bag. Canada, UK, NZ, the Scandanavian countries and Australia aren't America, but the only way any of these countries could deal with the mass shootings that have become common place was to take away the weapons capable as WMDs.

This forum as a majority won't agree, but this forum isn't even remotely in line with the masses like all special interest groups. That's what I think.

Fatcamp

WKR
Where did he take the guns? I’m no Obama fan just wondering? And what’s your view on trump banning bump stocks?

The one and only reason the Democrat party didn't full court press taking firearms is because their priority when they had the House, Senate, and White House was a dramatic restructuring of health care. Once that was done they knew it would be impossible to pass anything else and they lost control once people realized what had been done. But you knew that. Anyone who pays any attention to this stuff does, I assume your rhetorical question was an attempt to cast the Democrat party in a positive light and attack our President.

Comparing bad behavior to worse behavior is not an adult method of conversation. The idea that the Democrat Party won't do everything they can to abolish the 2nd amendment is not being intellectually honest. Looking at areas of vast majority Democrat control they would do just that if not reigned in by the Supreme Court.

OP
K

KBC

WKR
That is an interesting perspective to take into account whether you agree or not.
We have mag limits in Canada of 5 rounds for semiauto centerfire and 10 rounds in pistols. You can use a pistol mag in a rifle as long as the mag isn’t modified to fit the rifle. PCCs usually run 10 round Glock mags for example. Barrels need to be 18.5” or longer to be non restricted meaning we can go out to the woods and have fun. Under that length is restricted we can only shoot at the range. Pistols are restricted as well.
There are some barrel length exceptions though. I can carry an 870 with a short barrel for bear Defense as long as the overall length of the gun is at least 26”.
Yes it’s confusing...
I grew up just down the road from Thurston and was in the same grade as Kip when he went nuts. I got to meet a few of the guys that were involved in that shooting at football events the following years after and it was just horrendous. That was a 10/22 with attached 25 round banana clips. Pre-Brady stuff.

UCC is home. A guy I went to high school with lost his daughter. My dad and his dad worked together for 20+ years. My step dad's steelhead fishing buddy was the instructor that was killed. That was your run of the mill AK. Post-Brady stuff. Most people that comment on things like this have no interaction with it at all. It's like people in northern Minnesota screaming about a wall on the Mexican border. Having lived in Tucson for a decade it's pretty hilarious.

Speaking of that I coached football at Rincon/University high school in Tucson for four seasons. Gabby Giffords went to University High and she would do a little fund raiser for us every year. She was such a genuinely nice human being. Then some wacko that went to Pima CC (I went to the same campus a few years earlier) went out to a Bashas in the north hills and shot her in the head, killed a little girl, and did all kinds of other damage. That was a Glock with a 30 round mag. Post-Brady stuff.

My best friend in the world is an AF Reaper operator at Creech and lives in Vegas. He and his wife were on the strip when that wacko took 22 ARs with high capacity mags into a hotel suite and opened up on a concert crowd. Post-Brady stuff.

My personal thought is no gun should be illegal. I do, however think the Brady Bill should have never expired. An AK or an AR with a five round mag is no more deadly than a Browning BAR. A Glock with a 10 round mag can still solve all personal defense situations.

Because of the absolutely insane amount of semi-auto rifles and high capacity magazines that were manufactured and sold after the Brady Bill expired there is no way of getting that cat back into the bag. Canada, UK, NZ, the Scandanavian countries and Australia aren't America, but the only way any of these countries could deal with the mass shootings that have become common place was to take away the weapons capable as WMDs.

This forum as a majority won't agree, but this forum isn't even remotely in line with the masses like all special interest groups. That's what I think.

I know people who were at the concerts in Paris and Vegas during the attacks. They are pro 2A and said how ”helpless” they felt while they hid and thought they were waiting to die.

I’ll take the gun grabbing nazis seriously when they start advocating for the enforcement of our current laws and borders. Illegals kill thousands of Americans every year with cars, friends of mine of have been tragically touched by this horrible crime.

WMDs? You can’t be serious. Another example of the use of intentionally sensational language in anti-gun rhetoric. I am always amazed by the determination of some Americans to clearly strip away the constitutional rights of their fellow, law-abiding Americans, 1st 2nd 4th 5th amendments included. Unfortunate.

Dave0317

WKR

You do know the Brady Bill banned largely cosmetic features right? You could still buy an AR, it just wouldn’t have a muzzle device or collapsible stock. It would still be semi-automatic and still accept standard capacity 30 round mags. Those mags were widely available even towards the end of the ban. You could even buy magazine repair kits, and replacement mag bodies separately, and there would be no way for law enforcement to determine if the magazine was legal or not.

It was a weak law, ignorant of how guns actually work, and accomplished nothing. Waste of everyone’s time.

NUGGET

WKR
The one and only reason the Democrat party didn't full court press taking firearms is because their priority when they had the House, Senate, and White House was a dramatic restructuring of health care. Once that was done they knew it would be impossible to pass anything else and they lost control once people realized what had been done. But you knew that. Anyone who pays any attention to this stuff does, I assume your rhetorical question was an attempt to cast the Democrat party in a positive light and attack our President.

Comparing bad behavior to worse behavior is not an adult method of conversation. The idea that the Democrat Party won't do everything they can to abolish the 2nd amendment is not being intellectually honest. Looking at areas of vast majority Democrat control they would do just that if not reigned in by the Supreme Court.
Way to avoid addressing the taking of bump stocks.
When you vote party lines everyone loses.

Look at the facts. There’s been more gun restrictions put in place under trump than Obama. One could even say due to Pittman Rob funds Obama did more for conservation and wildlife agencies than any other president.

But guess what I really don’t care. But I’m smart enough to know better than to ride or die with one particular party.

Gotta go, I’m out picking up moose sheds. Have a great day!!!

zog

Lil-Rokslider
I found my answer - its 1500 models . . .

"There is also a risk that affected firearms owners may elect to replace their firearms with models unaffected by the ban, causing a market displacement. This risk may be mitigated by adding additional makes and models to the list of prohibited firearms in the future"

Side note - cracks me up how everything country-wide is still written in English and French, just for the benefit one province. Just wait until they decide to add a third language - Chinese - just for the benefit of Vancouver and Toronto.

Last edited:
OP
K

KBC

WKR
It’s for all of Canada so 10 provinces and 3 territories
I found my answer - its 1500 models . . .

Wow - it's every model that has a mean-looking stock and/or pistol grip.

"There is also a risk that affected firearms owners may elect to replace their firearms with models unaffected by the ban, causing a market displacement. This risk may be mitigated by adding additional makes and models to the list of prohibited firearms in the future"

Side note - cracks me up how everything is still written in English and French, just for one province.

Dave0317

WKR
That’s a pretty stupid list to ban. Lots of “match” “target” “competition” and “varmint” models on there. Not exactly the tools of gangsters and mass murderers.

It also lists “AR15.com”. Like the website? Or is there really a rifle called the “Ar15.com”.
just doesn’t make much sense.

Edit to add:
Just saw that there are even some bolt actions on the list! WTF? Out of control up there.

Last edited:

*zap*

WKR
They are wanting to totally disarm the public so 1500 is a good start.....not stupid at all if you realize the end goal.

OP
K

KBC

WKR
the reason the list is so long is they named all the AR15 models. Unfortunately the AR10 is also on the list since it used to be non restricted. That’s why the Stag 10 was so popular in Canada. I was planning on building one from a receiver set for a hunting rifle.
Although the 10/22 isn’t on the list I thought this was funny

Attachments

• D05E46AF-2FCC-4E30-A670-59965BCF6910.jpeg
    D05E46AF-2FCC-4E30-A670-59965BCF6910.jpeg
    38.9 KB · Views: 155
Bump stock is a pretty useless accessory designed to by pass existing laws....banning them was in no way banning currently legal firearms @ that time.

If you do not agree with me its OK and I am happy for you.

:love:
Guys that justify the banning are making the problem bigger. With this mentality, pistol braces on AR's would be gone, 80% lowers would be gone, binary triggers would be gone, folding stocks would be gone and I am sure a few others that do not come to mind real quick. ;) I do not agree with you, but that is OK.

*zap*

WKR
Obviously someone justified the banning of bump stocks and I do not see any bans on the other things that you mentioned.

Maybe that is because bump stocks so obviously bypassed an existing law on the regulation of full auto.