RokStok

yeti12

Lil-Rokslider
Fair enough. But the hornet nest in general (not you specifically) was starting to buzz alot so I was trying to help sort things out a bit based on being objective.

Personally I have late Dec railed coated tikka stock so if mine isn't also in coating and mxgsfmdpx gets his sooner then I certainly would be annoyed, but I didn't jump to the conclusion his is past mine because I haven't called. I personally am super frustrated dealing with UM on a different issue yet I don't feel the need to pile on negatively here based on assumption alone. SO if folks are worked up at hearing there is a mid Jan COATED stock in house for a client and they also have a coated stock ordered before that they should probably call and ask at this point vs staying worked up and not knowing.
I might call and report back once they open. I've yet to call so that means I get one free check in right? 🤣

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
All you can do is give them a call and have an order number ready.

Like I said, I had never called them in my life or ever spoke to anyone at the company before yesterday.

I thought what the hell let me see if they have an update. Maybe she wrote down the order number wrong and gave me bad info? Maybe my combination which includes Spartan luckily came in from Stockys? Maybe my cerakote is super simple compared to other designs?

My intent wasn’t to attack anybody and call them a whiner, my apologies. My intent was to let everyone know that calling for a quick update seemed to work out just fine, and doing that instead of cluttering up this thread with posts would be the right way to go about it.

I’m all for public transparency which is why I replied to the guy asking originally… Open discuss is great but when it’s all just pure speculation and folks have never even called once, that’s just silly to me.

yeti12

Lil-Rokslider
Just as an update, I reached out and they emailed me back. I asked for a broad range and they said maybe in about 4-6 weeks. 12-27 order, arca pic tikka, 3 color cerakote.

Please don't make me regret posting this. Take with a grain of salt.

yeti12

Lil-Rokslider
Holy smokes! Six weeks would be 266 days from your order date — almost a full 3x the initial estimates.
Yeah we'll see how it all shakes out with the other orders before and after me.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Lets try and be objective a tad, a bunch have their jump to conclusions mat out. mxgsfmdpx has a COATED railed one from mid Jan in cerakote (hasn't shipped yet) and he only knew that because he talked to them, hence why I said yesterday that it likely implies folks with COATED railed stocks from before that time are also probably in cerakote and just don't know it yet.

It sounded like you have a gold that was switched to cerakote (IE might be in coating right now as noted above) and a green one you don't know about (if its still green or camo it might be still being dealt with). Other folks have bare carbon, which they said would take longer because they need to pass cosmetic QC for bare carbon where as coated they can touch up.

I'm choosing to be optimistic about all coated railed stocks from before mid Jan being in coating right now (rather than mxgsfmdpx's being moved up). Trust me, UM pissed me off yesterday with a different feck up so I'm not gonna just fanboy defend them, but I try and be an objective person and I see folks reading right past mxgsfmdpx saying his is in coating (not shipped) and the only reason he knows that is he was talking to them about a status, that doesn't mean others were inherently skipped.

My coated railed tikka is not at UM. Its still a couple weeks out they think but no ETA can be given.

This is my conundrum. Thought I had it figured out

I received my Rokstock today in a standard m5 inlet

I have a m5 oberndorf to be used with a Wyatt’s internal box mag

I go to seat the m5 oberndorf to the action, doesn’t fit at all

Do I need to cut it maybe 🤔
Hi BOTT

I read your replies and saw your photo. Not sure I understand clearly, but a couple descriptions that might help:

Inlet: M5 metal uses a standardized dimensional footprint shared by bottom metal makers. BDL is Remington's legacy inlet footprint for 700 models. If the stock inlet fit isn't right (I would have to see the bottom inlet looking at the belly of the stock), it's typically a poor stock inlet, but fixable. If you special ordered a BDL inlet, the footprint won't match at all with your Hawkins M5 metal.

Screws: Metal thickness and stock inlet depths aren't always the same so not unusual for the action screws to end up too short or too long. Hawkins or Redhawk will sell you extra long screws...just grind them down to match the receiver height.

TX_Diver

WKR
No shipping notification but 12/21 order showed up today.

Ordered LE green but switched as I have a September rifle tag this year.

Arca pic rail, 3b barrel.

Now I’m playing “is the recoil lug seated or not?”

I’m not sure which lines are supposed to be parallel as this thing has jogs all over lol. Feels good though!

IMG_5564.jpeg