RokStok

Anyone cancel their order? I'm curious if unknown munitions is willing to do it. I made my order recently and I am concerned on when I will actually be able to get my hand on the stock.

Anyone cancel their order? I'm curious if unknown munitions is willing to do it. I made my order recently and I am concerned on when I will actually be able to get my hand on the stock.
The email they sent out a few weeks ago to those on backorder had this in it: "We are at the point now where customers are requesting refunds for their stocks. Of course this is acceptable and we refund right away, but if you can be patient with us you WILL receive your stock."

I didn't receive that email. My concern is that they will not meet the quoted 150 days lead time as has been the experience in this thread. By no means am I ripping on Unknown Munitions with this, I've developed products before and completely understand how challenging it is. I just wish the lead times were accurate and there was more transparency with the number of order vs stocks delivered. I don't want to wait the 150 days only to have to wait longer, and try to scramble to find a stock before next spring.

I didn't receive that email. My concern is that they will not meet the quoted 150 days lead time as has been the experience in this thread. By no means am I ripping on Unknown Munitions with this, I've developed products before and completely understand how challenging it is. I just wish the lead times were accurate and there was more transparency with the number of order vs stocks delivered. I don't want to wait the 150 days only to have to wait longer, and try to scramble to find a stock before next spring.
I wouldn't suggest placing value in their lead times

Either give them a chance or don't. Only you can make that call.

What I will say is that none have hit the classifieds. Seems people are satisfied with the product once received
Yep, I couldn't be more satisfied. I would have waited until Christmas if I had to, no big deal. The factory stock is fine to hunt with. Maybe those who are just so dissatisfied with UM's process should start a support group...hi my name is Bob, UM hurt me here.....

Have my 300 WSM in a RokStok…contemplating getting one for my .223.

Anyone have their RS Special .223 in a RokStok? Drastic improvement?
I wouldn't call it drastic on the 223 in regards to recoil but there is some and recoil is straight inline. The benefits mentioned by others that have shot it on larger rifles (including myself on a 6.5 Creed, same stock) all still exist. I would say in this case the ergonomic benefits are still there 100%, the recoil related benefits are there but I'd value them in proportion to the recoil available to mitigate (suppressed .223 isn't much to begin with), but for me the other big benefit I anticipate is really about a dozen little benefits stacking up, i.e. when I have a bunch of trigger time on 223 with RokStok muscle memory, and then ideally can go grab a larger caliber rifle that is set up really similarly (scope, action, RokStok) and have same said muscle memory for offhand shooting, getting into weird positions, running the bolt quickly after spotting shot in scope, shooting off pack, etc.

Same concept as building a trainer 22lr that matches the size/weight/setup of a 6mm PRS rifle for example, but the 223 I think keeps just enough recoil/report into the equation that you don't forget all about it when practicing haha

Have my 300 WSM in a RokStok…contemplating getting one for my .223.

Anyone have their RS Special .223 in a RokStok? Drastic improvement?
I had my 223 in it, and prefer it enough that I will get a second rokstok when I can. I switched it over to the 243 at present as it bring more value there.

Ya i canceled mine they refunded money with no problems and in timely manner. Bought game warden 2.0 had it in 4 days already shooting with it, i was also worried about having one in time for hunting season and now just got that many more months of practice with the game warden. Maybe when they get every thing in line and some actually in stock one day ill order one but for now ill just watch the show.

Anyone receive a rem700 patten Rok stock yet? I mean I ordered a Tikka day one(received 4.5 weeks ago), then ordered a 700sa day two. Nothing on that guy......

Back