RokStok

Sale numbers dictated the number of molds built. More sales=more molds. More molds=more stocks per week.

If they sold more than planned but didn't build more molds than planned that's a issue.
Well the stocks per week quote that's been thrown around hasn't changed, so I'm guessing that no more molds were built.

Sale numbers dictated the number of molds built. More sales=more molds. More molds=more stocks per week.
This is what they claimed but did it happen? I wouldn't be surprised that it didn't happen. Easy to say they'd do it but was there or could there have been a mold machining backlog due to a larger than expected demand? I also wonder if Salmon River got slammed with all the extra rails and such that needed machined as well. Not to mention the added load for the anodizer. So many places for this whole thing to breakdown. That is why I had hoped they could pull it off but didn't hold my breath that they would. To be clear I'm not bitching just looking at reality of the way things go.
Well the stocks per week quote that's been thrown around hasn't changed, so I'm guessing that no more molds were built.
That'd be my assumption as well.

I think they hired an accountant that slapped Jake in the face for saying that, thus the quiet walk back...
Yeah think about that. If they had a huge initial demand that would never continue at the original pace why over build the amount of molds that you'd never need again once the initial order surge was fulfilled? The reality of profit rears its head?

Yeah think about that. If they had a huge initial demand that would never continue at the original pace why over build the amount of molds that you'd never need again once the initial order surge was fulfilled? The reality of profit rears its head?
It would make sense to look at the cost of 5 molds or whatever number and then estimate lead times based off number of molds. So you don't have 50 molds when you sell 3 stocks a week a couple years down the road. Like you said.

But they said the opposite, and said you would have your stock 90 days after you ordered. And haven't really ever updated us on the estimated lead time.

Also, I'm not bitching. I was planning on it being delayed, come late August I may be bitching.

Last edited:
I’m really wishing I had just got a bare carbon

I ordered the LE gold, got my order canceled and reordered a LE green that day, which was a week later

I figured the LE green would have been closer to the front or I wouldn’t have done that

Hindsight, oh well…
Im getting bare carbon now, and i called to ask for an update today. They said mine will be in the next batch that comes in like 2 weeks. So its still taking a while for bare ones unfortunately, hopefully the greens start rolling in soon too

Im getting bare carbon now, and i called to ask for an update today. They said mine will be in the next batch that comes in like 2 weeks. So its still taking a while for bare ones unfortunately, hopefully the greens start rolling in soon too
Did you order on 12/21?

I don’t know what a mold costs but with how much $ they’ve been holding for these since December, the interest probably covers a couple..

I thought I heard like $10k/mold on the pod? That's six figures just to stop the bitching most likely. Also doesn't help if anything else in the production chain breaks like it did.

I'm not defending that decision, but I understand

I thought I heard like $10k/mold on the pod? That's six figures just to stop the bitching most likely. Also doesn't help if anything else in the production chain breaks like it did.

10k wouldn't be out of line at all.

I just held/shouldered a T3X in the factory stock and was able to do an actual side by side comparison to my T3 in a RokStok. I never really minded the factory other than the poor recoil characteristics, but being able to compare them side by side it amazed me at just how much better the RokStok is in every aspect.

I don’t feel it would be to stop the bitching. It would be more like to fill a guarantee that you sold them that you will have your stock in less than 90 days. Hell the less than 90 days was just taken off the website only like 2 weeks ago even though they were nearly double that timeframe at the time

If that’s correct, 18.5 rokstocks pay for a mold. Going off the hype I bet they could have got a couple more and been fine.
I get why people don’t like preorders now, I won’t do another one.

If that’s correct, 18.5 rokstocks pay for a mold. Going off the hype I bet they could have got a couple more and been fine.
I get why people don’t like preorders now, I won’t do another one.
That’s where I’m at. When it was less than 90 days it wasn’t a big deal. Figured I’d have it late spring. Now I’m hoping to have it early fall. Had I known 90 days would be 6+ months I’d have went with another Stockys vg and saved some money and been able to shoot my rifle through the summer with the stock

That is interesting… was that from UM or stockys? My 12/23 order is supposed to be cut next week, then shipped to UM the following week. Sounds like my order might be right around yours, despite being later.

Mine was on 12/23. Not holding my breath at this point. I appreciate the communication we recently received, although I do wish it had been earlier. Eventually, I hope they meet their goal of being able to get stocks to people without a wait like they originally said.

Back