RokStok

ndbuck09

WKR
I haven't followed this whole thread really close and I'm not real concerned about waiting for the stock but I'm curious how I might tell what number down the line I am from my order confirmation email I got when I ordered on March 1? Obviously I'll be far down the line ordering at that date. Anyone have insights to this? fwiw order #190639

I appreciated seeing the email this morning and the post here. Progressive elaboration is a thing and I remember thinking “this is a tall task in a short amount of time but if they pull it off that will be awesome’.

As a guy who’s received and shot his Rokstok weekly or more since getting it, I can tell you the wait is worth it. Take the learning curve in stride with its design and I think most will be super happy with it.

Mtndawger

FNG
I’m pretty sure Jessica is paid to simply answer the phone don’t think she is in the back turning orders when she is not talking to customers. Secondly they could save themselves this headache with an email to customers who have ordered rokstocks. I’m probably one of the few who ordered a rokstock before finding this thread. When I ordered I believed I would receive the stock within 90 days as that was all that was stated on their website. I found this thread after and realized that was not the case but since then we have missed other deadlines which is bothersome whether it is UM’s fault or not. I’m not sure why the industry norm is to over promise and under deliver on lead times and everyone is just ok with it. I’m happy to wait on my stock as it’s what I want design and quality wise just trying to figure out if I need to grab another stock in the mean time.
I ordered mine on 2/17/24. I figured best case scenario I would receive it in May. I don’t recall seeing any promises coming from them regarding the delivery goal to have them filled in 90 days. If there was a promise it was that they were going to develop a bomber high quality product. The 90 days was always a goal not a promise from my perspective. Being in a business that is reliant on the performance of other businesses for my success it seems like contingency planning is part of every day to deliver the product. These guys are hard working honest dudes and I don’t believe there was any deception going on. It’s also apparent that UM is absolutely taking on a huge workload with the core business. With employees/Human Resources being what they are now, I would expect them to be a little off the back on many things not just the rokstok. Could they have communicated better about the timelines? Absolutely. But it plain enough to see they are learning on the fly and I’m ok with that.

Can anyone actually say what the issues were?

Edit: very appreciative of what was said this morning, I am just curious.

Last edited:

BBob

WKR
Can anyone actually say what the issues were?
It’s in his (Jake UM) response.

id_jon

WKR
I ordered mine on 2/17/24. I figured best case scenario I would receive it in May. I don’t recall seeing any promises coming from them regarding the delivery goal to have them filled in 90 days. If there was a promise it was that they were going to develop a bomber high quality product. The 90 days was always a goal not a promise from my perspective. Being in a business that is reliant on the performance of other businesses for my success it seems like contingency planning is part of every day to deliver the product. These guys are hard working honest dudes and I don’t believe there was any deception going on. It’s also apparent that UM is absolutely taking on a huge workload with the core business. With employees/Human Resources being what they are now, I would expect them to be a little off the back on many things not just the rokstok. Could they have communicated better about the timelines? Absolutely. But it plain enough to see they are learning on the fly and I’m ok with that.
Email from January 17. Obviously things happen and not all promises can be kept, but it was definitely worded more strongly than just a goal. Plus it should have been apparent that 90 days wasn't going to happen by the end of march at the latest. I got my stock and I am happy with it, so I'm not complaining, just armchair quarterbacking.

Capture.PNG

TxLite

WKR
Order submitted. Always a pleasure supporting UM. Now I just need to track down a good deal on a 223…

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
With the demand I am surprised nobody has tried scalping their Rokstok in the classifieds. They must be so good folks aren’t willing to let go of theirs:)
I like mine too much, however, as I want a second one and don't have the funds, for $1150 I will drop mine in the mail (no box, right hand tikka, bare carbon, spartan/pic, sendero, has a third flush cup installed) and order two more today. PP F&F or Venmo only, no returns.........

🤪

Anyone who will take that deal has way too much money on their hands, and I have time.

Edit: I don't think anyone would take that, so this is largely a joke, but....

Thejet

WKR
I like mine too much, however, as I want a second one and don't have the funds, for $1150 I will drop mine in the mail (no box, right hand tikka, bare carbon, spartan/pic, sendero, has a third flush cup installed) and order two more today. PP F&F or Venmo only, no returns.........

🤪

Anyone who will take that deal has way too much money on their hands, and I have time.

Edit: I don't think anyone would take that, so this is largely a joke, but....
I would not be shocked if someone took you up on that. I call third in line if someone drops out on the LE stock……