RokStok

BBob

WKR
I get that this is humor, but I don't think anyone I pitchfork ready in reality.
Of course, it’s Southpark like humor. Gotta be able to laugh at yourselves at times :)

Mby it’ll chill people out and they’ll wait for the how’s and why’s to the situation. I know in my business if people keep bugging me I tend to dig my heels in and not give them anything until I’m good and well ready. May not be the way to do it but it’s a valid human reaction to stress.

Of course, it’s Southpark like humor. Gotta be able to laugh at yourselves at times :)

Mby it’ll chill people out and they’ll wait for the how’s and why’s to the situation. I know in my business if people keep bugging me I tend to dig my heels in and not give them anything until I’m good and well ready. May not be the way to do it but it’s a valid human reaction to stress.

Agree. Sometimes a guy knows the only updates and answers he has are only going to beget more questions and until everything is ironed out his time might be best spent ironing it out. Doesn’t make those with questions feel any better though😂

BBob

WKR
Doesn’t make those with questions feel any better though😂
That’s for sure :) Gotta remember it’s just another dumbass rifle stock. We can surely live another day without the dammed thing. We’re still partially living in the COVID aftermess and the latest world upheaval. Lots of things still not working right or going as planned.

Uhhh, care to elaborate?
I think he's implying business structure issues (materials, supply chain issues) not structure of the stock. If there was any issue with the stock I think they would have stopped taking orders completely in the website instead of changing lead times from 90 to 150days. My keyboard QB guess is stockys is waiting on a shipment of something to resume production

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
I think he's implying business structure issues (materials, supply chain issues) not structure of the stock. If there was any issue with the stock I think they would have stopped taking orders completely in the website instead of changing lead times from 90 to 150days. My keyboard QB guess is stockys is waiting on a shipment of something to resume production
You are correct in terms of your characterization of my statement, though the alternative is certainly possible. As to the guess at what the issue is, I’d imagine that’s a good one but I do not know.

-J

Maybe it's just the Rokstok was Limited Edition, not the green.....

I suspect it's just hiccups that weren't seen, UM is at the mercy of another vendor, so I'm sure all parties are doing what they can. I've waited a good while on less.

Maybe it's just the RS factor, SWFA can't keep up, Maven can't keep up, Sierra can't keep up, I think XBR is extinct.

walk2112

Lil-Rokslider
I got an email from them earlier in the week and they said spacers were currently in production and should start shipping in couple weeks
I hope that’s true, I was told “hopefully in a couple weeks” roughly 3 weeks ago as well, I got ancy/tired of waiting and found the template for the Limbsaver pad they use (IIRC, 10818) imported the PDF into CAD, carefully checked dimensions, did a slight scale adjustment, did some cleanup to the file (blah blah blah) and used sendcutsend.com to have some ABS and Delrin spacers sent to me so I can get this stock setup right for me.
It wasn’t too expensive but did take some hours farting around in CAD and messing with their software online to get things right.
Fast forward 6 days and I have spacers now… sendcutsend messed up and left a few holes out of the ABS ones, but I’ll just drill them myself at this point.

I am rooting for UM and Stockys but there are kinks to be worked out in the process yet. LOP spacers have got to be one of the simplest parts of the project, granted not everybody wants em (I get it). it’ll come around.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I feel like some of it is UM is a victim of their own success. With the rokstok and tikka rings they offer products I will wait for and continue to buy, but there is some loss of trust and I would not send them anything unless I can just forget about it and not worry about the timeline.
Probably, Jake definitely had enthusiasm that seemed like he was primed to pull it off but obviously too much to fast. The rokstok is a bummer but is an accessory, my decision to take a rifle out of commission to send to UM when I would not have done with other gunsmiths was based on the misguided vibe I got on here that UM had their lead times in order like some other shops setting new expectations. Maybe the rokstok is delayed outside UM control but more than the rokstok is delayed. Can only speculate what’s up in the absence of communication.

wowzers

Lil-Rokslider
Patience…

Everyone involved in this project is Salt of the Earth!

Obviously unforeseen obstacles have risen.

I’m certain the communication to customers is coming.

I’m pulling the trigger on a Model 70 next week knowing it will be who knows how long till I get it but being out in front on the communication front goes a long way in my opinion.

DisplacedHusky

Lil-Rokslider

I picked up the ready to ship RokStok 6.5prc w the CarbonSix barrel. Shot it yesterday quick with an educated guess for loads. Mounted the scope and bore sighted (which is a wee bit of a Rokstok twister game now) but that clearly didn’t matter, and didn’t touch the scope after that. These are the 1st 15rds, no scope zeroing shots or load testing. Like Form states, a gun shoots or it doesn’t, so my work is done. Tomorrow I’ll do a 10 or 20rd group w the 147s and 156s, confirm to 1000yds and then it’ll be done.

View attachment 713009View attachment 713015
What barrel length?

Unknown Munitions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
@Ryan Avery @Formidilosus @Stockys

Good morning Rokstok Customers;

Please allow me to personally apologize for this long delay in receiving your highly anticipated Rokstok. We were overly enthusiastic about fast delivery times, and learned valuable lessons throughout this process.

Stockys officially started production March 5th when we approved the textured molds. We have since shipped approx. 100 Rokstoks to customers from UM, and 53 currently show in production at Stockys.

Although I can’t quote any of you an exact delivery date at this point, I can assure you everyone involved is working diligently to deliver stocks in the order they were received.

There have been a large number of factors affecting the delivery time including bad carbon from supplier, employee turnover, and machine and process breakdowns.

We know that Stockys Stocks is doing everything in their power to resolve production issues and send us quality stocks as fast as possible.

The reviews from customers that have received their Rokstok have been nothing but positive and we are confident you will feel the same.

We understand your frustration and anger over these delayed delivery times. You wouldn’t believe the phone conversations and emails we have received berating Unknown Munitions, although we have no control over when we receive stocks. At this point there aren’t any stocks waiting at UM to be shipped, and when we receive Rokstoks they are priority number one to be moved through the shop and shipped as fast as possible.

We are at the point now where customers are requesting refunds for their stocks. Of course this is acceptable and we refund right away, but if you can be patient with us you WILL receive your stock.

The special edition green Rokstoks require exceptional attention to detail around tight edges and corners. Stockys is rising to this challenge and perfecting their techniques to make these special edition stocks amazing.

In closing, we should’ve delayed the presale until production started and all issues were resolved. For the subsequent Rokstok models being released, we will react with all the valuable lessons learned during this first release and provide a much better customer experience.

We are genuinely dedicated to ensuring customer satisfaction and happiness. Please reach out with any issues at all and we will do everything we can to resolve them.

We have created a new email address to funnel all of your inquiries to the correct person, Michael is on deck at [email protected] to assist you.

As always, thank you for your support of Shoot2Hunt, Rokslide, and Unknown Munitions!

TX_Diver

WKR
Update appreciated. The communications starting this process out was excellent.

Even if there are more setbacks the information is appreciated even if it’s not what we want to hear.

Maybe too early to tell, but is there any concern that stocks won’t be delivered in time for the September rifle seasons? If so I’d love to adjust plans now rather than in august. I sold my previous stock already based on anticipated delivery dates.

Regardless of the news thanks again for the update 👍👍

Grumman

WKR
I also appreciate the update and will
continue to wait patiently for my LE green stock.

With the demand I am surprised nobody has tried scalping their Rokstok in the classifieds. They must be so good folks aren’t willing to let go of theirs:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also appreciate the update and will
continue to wait patiently for my LE green stock.

With the demand I am surprised nobody has tried scalping their Rokstok in the classifieds. They must be so good folks aren’t willing to let go of theirs:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was fortunate enough to receive both my preordered stocks a while back, and the thought of selling them hasn't even crossed my mind. In fact, I ordered a third a few days ago :cool:

@Ryan Avery @Formidilosus @Stockys

Good morning Rokstok Customers;

Please allow me to personally apologize for this long delay in receiving your highly anticipated Rokstok. We were overly enthusiastic about fast delivery times, and learned valuable lessons throughout this process.

Stockys officially started production March 5th when we approved the textured molds. We have since shipped approx. 100 Rokstoks to customers from UM, and 53 currently show in production at Stockys.

Although I can’t quote any of you an exact delivery date at this point, I can assure you everyone involved is working diligently to deliver stocks in the order they were received.

There have been a large number of factors affecting the delivery time including bad carbon from supplier, employee turnover, and machine and process breakdowns.

We know that Stockys Stocks is doing everything in their power to resolve production issues and send us quality stocks as fast as possible.

The reviews from customers that have received their Rokstok have been nothing but positive and we are confident you will feel the same.

We understand your frustration and anger over these delayed delivery times. You wouldn’t believe the phone conversations and emails we have received berating Unknown Munitions, although we have no control over when we receive stocks. At this point there aren’t any stocks waiting at UM to be shipped, and when we receive Rokstoks they are priority number one to be moved through the shop and shipped as fast as possible.

We are at the point now where customers are requesting refunds for their stocks. Of course this is acceptable and we refund right away, but if you can be patient with us you WILL receive your stock.

The special edition green Rokstoks require exceptional attention to detail around tight edges and corners. Stockys is rising to this challenge and perfecting their techniques to make these special edition stocks amazing.

In closing, we should’ve delayed the presale until production started and all issues were resolved. For the subsequent Rokstok models being released, we will react with all the valuable lessons learned during this first release and provide a much better customer experience.

We are genuinely dedicated to ensuring customer satisfaction and happiness. Please reach out with any issues at all and we will do everything we can to resolve them.

We have created a new email address to funnel all of your inquiries to the correct person, Michael is on deck at [email protected] to assist you.

As always, thank you for your support of Shoot2Hunt, Rokslide, and Unknown Munitions!
A little communication goes a long way

I appreciate the update considering I’m unwilling to call and check in on my order, because I know that won’t speed anything up. Keeping everyone updated as you know will suppress most of the frustration and will keep most customers on your side.

Knowing the status makes the wait more bearable for the customer, radio silence has the opposite effect, especially when it’s way beyond lead time, at that point, people want some communication, and I think deserve it

Continuing to update will help you guys out, even if it’s not what we want to hear. We all understand unforeseen problems, we’ve all had them.

Thank you Jake, Form, Ryan and Stockys. Appreciate the communication, I’m waiting patiently and my stock will arrive when it arrives.

(If I miss in CBC it’s on YOU though ;) )