RokStok

Man, this thread has been so confusing. I kept up, then there was a giveaway halfway through.

(Insert meme ain't nobody got time fo dat)

So, I'm trusting the process. There's no product yet, I trust the people who are developing it.

It was a pre-sale. I knew I didn't know wtf I was getting.

So point being, do I still get something special for bring in the first 100 orders or something?

Boy I hope it's a sticker. Legend??
I think Jake said for the first 100 preorders, form was going to put on pink lipstick and kiss the first 100 boxes under the “form approved” lettering

I paid an extra 100$ to get into that list, even though I was in the first 100, I just wanted to make sure

I think Jake said for the first 100 preorders, form was going to put on pink lipstick and kiss the first 100 boxes under the “form approved” lettering

I paid an extra 100$ to get into that list, even though I was in the first 100, I just wanted to make sure

Use to be quiver sniffers around here.

I'm hoping that now it will be stock sniffers and interesting things will be added/included.

A scratch /n sniff RS sticker for the RokNStock

Frank Dux

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve only got a Rem700 and a Bergara so was hoping to be able to use the BDL bottom metal, but alas M5 inlet only right now. I’ll have to wait it out or see if they can do it.. Not opposed to running a mag, but that’s another $250-300 I’d have to drop making the Rokstok a $1000 stock for me. A new Tikka and a Rokstok is about $1500 and somehow my brain is already convinced myself that it’s a better deal.

BBob

WKR
but alas M5 inlet only right now
There are many M5 BDL style floorplate's available out there. You do not have to use a mag type in an M5 inlet. Hawkins has one as do others. $240 though. I'm not sure if someone offers something cheaper.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I’ve only got a Rem700 and a Bergara so was hoping to be able to use the BDL bottom metal, but alas M5 inlet only right now. I’ll have to wait it out or see if they can do it.. Not opposed to running a mag, but that’s another $250-300 I’d have to drop making the Rokstok a $1000 stock for me. A new Tikka and a Rokstok is about $1500 and somehow my brain is already convinced myself that it’s a better deal.
The Tikka is the better deal. Sell one of the others.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
This is up for everyone.

And I greatly appreciate @Stockys putting up with these guys melting a printed prototype and accommodating all the changes.

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
This is up for everyone.

And I greatly appreciate @Stockys putting up with these guys melting a printed prototype and accommodating all the changes.

Jessica is a saint! She had to work with a couple ratards… especially Jake. She sent him a $50 asshole charge!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RussDXT

WKR
Looking at picking up a gun for this in 6.5 cm. Would there be a better option than a 20” tikka ctr ss? I know the barrel would cause a little bit of additional weight, but I wouldn’t have to go through the hassle of getting it threaded.

Thanks!

khuber84

WKR
Looking at picking up a gun for this in 6.5 cm. Would there be a better option than a 20” tikka ctr ss? I know the barrel would cause a little bit of additional weight, but I wouldn’t have to go through the hassle of getting it threaded.

Thanks!
20" Tikka ctr 65cm are known to be slow, guys are usually at 2600fps mv with 140s. If that was my choice, I'd be loading 130eldm at 2750 fps as it give you another 100y terminal performance and is the same in the wind as the slower 140 eldm. I've got a 24.5" tikka ctr running 2710 with 140s using 42.2gr rl16. That same loads over 2800fps in a 24" hawkhill barrel I have.

Thanks!

Depends on if length matters. From what I’ve read the 20” ctr barrels is right around the same weight as the 24” roughtech/veil/alpine d18 barrel.

I don’t think you can find a 22” d18 in creed so it would be deciding between a 24” and a 20” that are both roughly 3lbs and a couple ounces

I prefer shorter barrels due to always running cans. Also, like the fact it’s already threaded.

Keep in mind a CTR magazine/bottom metal isn't going to work with current rokstok inlets. You can get a SS 6.5 T3x lite for $722 vs roughly $1000 for a CTR and pay $100 to have it chopped/threaded, not have to worry about sourcing bottom metal/mag, and have a lighter rifle.

You could recoup some $ by selling CTR stock, bottom metal, and mag but since you didn't want to deal with getting it threaded i'd guess that might be a hassle as well.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Greyboe has M5 inlet BDL bottom metal, so does a Hawkins I think.

SDHNTR

WKR
Considering all the long standing stock manufacturers out there like McMillian, Manners, Grayboe, AG Composites, Alterra, Mesa Precision, et al, don’t these guys have professional engineers working for them? How did they not figure this out long ago? They’ve been around for years, yet where have they been? They just keep cranking out stocks with antiquated designs. All these years and it takes some dudes from an internet site with a bucket of bondo to make a gun stock that actually works as it should? I wonder if the big guys are embarrassed? Or in denial? Or disagreement? How did the “pros” drop the ball so badly?

Last edited:
I'm in the same boat, have bdl rifles be nice to see it as an option because you said don't want to have to buy another bottom metal.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Considering all the long standing stock manufacturers out there like McMillian, Manners, Grayboe, AG Composites, Alterra, Mesa Precision, et al, don’t these guys have professional engineers working for them? How did they not figure this out long ago? They’ve been around for years, yet where have they been? They just keep cranking out stocks with antiquated designs. All these years and it takes some dudes from an internet site with a bucket of bondo to make a gun stock that actually works as it should? I wonder if the big guys are embarrassed? Or in denial? Or disagreement? How did the “pros” drop the ball?
If you use a comparison like scopes, it’s not even a little surprising. Make up for lack of function with marketing

It’s easier not having to reeducate your whole consumer base, just keep selling and marketing status quo’s and people will keep buying

Frank Dux

Lil-Rokslider
I'm in the same boat, have bdl rifles be nice to see it as an option because you said don't want to have to buy another bottom metal.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk
Yeah, new bottom metal doesn’t gain anything, but cost more than a really nice scope mount. I haven’t contacted UM about the BDL inlet, could be a custom option.

BBob

WKR
All these years and it takes some dudes from an internet site with a bucket of bondo to make a gun stock that actually works as it should?
Isn’t it almost always the little guys, the real shooters and hunters that come up with the good stuff?

As a side note: If you ever get a chance to shoot a tube gun try it out. They’ve got some good shooting properties. Recoil directly inline with barrel and action.

Macintosh

WKR
Jessica is a saint! She had to work with a couple ratards… especially Jake. She sent him a $50 asshole charge!
Cant tell if you are kidding. I really want this to be true though. Can we get a invoice visual or something? If it is true I have massive respect. I may steal this idea though…creating a new sku in our point of sale system for “asshole fee” as we speak…

Hope you paid it without a fight too.