RokStok

Lawnboi

WKR
Hunters seem to always have been getting the sloppy seconds of the tactical and target market. I see it as it’s about time that someone is pushing for more innovation in the hunting realm.

The rear bag thing is a joke. Look at the eh1, or just about any chassis. Swapping from a game warden/scout to an eh1 the difference was immediately noticeable, as was the recoil with the higher pad. I’m hoping this stock just makes that better.

Dobermann

WKR
Looking at picking up a gun for this in 6.5 cm. Would there be a better option than a 20” tikka ctr ss? I know the barrel would cause a little bit of additional weight, but I wouldn’t have to go through the hassle of getting it threaded.

Thanks!
Do you have a genuine need for the thicker barrel profile of the CTR?

I have both, and I don't want to be carrying a CTR barrel around the hills.

Threading a barrel shouldn't be a hassle - small fee and a week's turnaround. If not, get a new gunsmith.

SDHNTR

WKR
Hunters seem to always have been getting the sloppy seconds of the tactical and target market. I see it as it’s about time that someone is pushing for more innovation in the hunting realm.

The rear bag thing is a joke. Look at the eh1, or just about any chassis. Swapping from a game warden/scout to an eh1 the difference was immediately noticeable, as was the recoil with the higher pad. I’m hoping this stock just makes that better.
The original Game Warden, or the newer Game Warden LR? The LR version, especially the TG one, looks a lot better than most. Much more similar to an EH1. I'd actually be curious to hear @Formidilosus' thoughts on it too. I'm assuming the trigger reach is probably still further than ideal and perhaps the grip too fat, but the comb and toe lines look markedly better (not perfect, just better) than most stocks.

Attachments

• IMG_4679.png
    IMG_4679.png
    824.2 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:

Lawnboi

WKR
The original Game Warden, or the newer Game Warden LR? The LR version, especially the TG one, looks a lot better than most. Much more similar to an EH1. I'd actually be curious to hear @Formidilosus' thoughts on it too. I'm assuming the trigger reach is probably still further than ideal and perhaps the grip too fat, but the comb and tow lines look markedly better (not perfect, just better) than most stocks.
I only owned an original game warden and game scout. The Game warden LR looked like it had promise but idk what they did with that grip/trigger area, looks like an afterthought. I was fortunate that I was able to shoot these stocks side by side in same caliber. A lot of what was designed into the rokstock appears to be most of my gripes on the McMillan rear end.

The eh1 is almost perfect albeit heavy imo. 1.8” trigger reach on mine is manageable. No negative comb but everything else is smooth. The lrh and pro hunter go away from what I see as more practical for how I hunt and more towards a game gun. With more and more focus on long range bipod/bag guns it makes sense.

With a lot of rounds behind an eh1 with fairly flat lines and high comb/ low drop at heel I can’t see how this stock won’t be a winner.

My only complaint with the rokstock is I’m going to have to pull the action to clean. Not a huge deal but I’m a cleaner. I wasn’t before, and now I am. It will be manageable but not ideal for me.

Axlrod

WKR
Because the people making/designing field stocks aren’t high level shooters with a calculating and experimental mind. The same is the same for the scope, rings, actions, etc., etc. Again- insert whatever stock company you want- how many pallets of ammo do they have in their shop? How much time and ammo is the person making the decisions on stock design shooting in all conditions and environments with performance in mind? How many shots at animals are they taking a year, and how many shots are they witnessing and then problem solving the issues?

I was apart of the “testing” for one of the most historically popular long range stocks. That “testing” consisted of less rounds on actual stocks before they went to market then I have on this milk jug, glued up, duct taped 3d printed stock.

Companies simply don’t do testing and evaluation that people believe they do.
Spot on.
All I would add is, most stock companies like Mcmillan and Manners, have for years had all the work they can handle. Most stocks are from a few months to more than a year wait. It is a self-fulfilling prophecy: "people love our products because they are lined up to buy them."

The Rokstok is truly a significant paradigm shift to the market model of hunting equipment design and marketing.

My only complaint with the rokstock is I’m going to have to pull the action to clean. Not a huge deal but I’m a cleaner. I wasn’t before, and now I am. It will be manageable but not ideal for me.

I'm hopeful a long flexible cleaning rod will still work and not need the handle to go past the buttpad on my tikka shortys.

Stu

Lil-Rokslider
Come on boiiiiiii

(assuming stainless)

ID_Matt

WKR
@Ryan Avery @WKR etc.

Here’s a girl who shot 3 rounds from this stock ever, before the start of the video- 1 shot at each target to get her data. 3 different runs. First the targets, then her shooting those targets, rinse and repeat.

Target #1 was -12° down angle. Target #2 was 0°- straight. Target #3 was at 15° up angle.

It sure looks like a parallel toe was a real problem.

$10 that gal can outshoot anyone that complains about the parallel toe :p

SDHNTR

WKR
I only owned an original game warden and game scout. The Game warden LR looked like it had promise but idk what they did with that grip/trigger area, looks like an afterthought. I was fortunate that I was able to shoot these stocks side by side in same caliber. A lot of what was designed into the rokstock appears to be most of my gripes on the McMillan rear end.

The eh1 is almost perfect albeit heavy imo. 1.8” trigger reach on mine is manageable. No negative comb but everything else is smooth. The lrh and pro hunter go away from what I see as more practical for how I hunt and more towards a game gun. With more and more focus on long range bipod/bag guns it makes sense.

With a lot of rounds behind an eh1 with fairly flat lines and high comb/ low drop at heel I can’t see how this stock won’t be a winner.

Agree with you on the EH1. Mine is my best shooting gun.

But again, I'm talking specifically about the Game Warden LR TG. in the TG model, they appear to have addressed the grip. at least it appears more svelte and the finger chunk is gone.

Lawnboi

WKR

But again, I'm talking specifically about the Game Warden LR TG. in the TG model, they appear to have addressed the grip. at least it appears more svelte and the finger chunk is gone.
I didn’t even know about the tg version till you posted. Looks like McMillan is attempting. Looks better than the others for sure. I’d like to see it with a barreled action in it, cause I thought the Lr looked decent too till I saw a rifle in it.

McMillan went ape shit on their prices the last buy out. Used to be a premium product, now you see them nowhere.

I almost feel bad for spending the rokstock money, I’m so happy with my eh1s I don’t know if the juice will be worth the squeeze or not. I don’t mind the eh1 weight penalty, atleast not yet being young.

We will see I guess. It’s a good time to be into shooting

But did they change the distance to trigger? That stuff seems mostly cosmetic but hard to say without handling.