RokStok

Check out gun.deals and search for the model you want. I went blued because they were 629 plus the rebate (until 31 Dec). Got an ultra lite and a 223 lite compact. I didn’t feel the need for the stainless and if I wanted to get a cerakote it wouldn’t be too much trouble or cost.
That’s what I did and found them. Thanks

I mainly want to use factory Sporter contour barrels or close to it. I chose the d18 barrel inlet, but I'm thinking about changing it to sendero so I don't have to worry about it at all. The stock is already fugly, so a large barrel channel gap isn't a big deal

fwafwow

WKR
Sendero.

Could possibly go on a variety of different tikkas, all would be fine with a lite or 3b channel but extra space doesn't hurt. Dont desire a carbon barrel and definitely wouldn't pay more for one but never know what a guy is going to fall into so having the space is nice.
I am not a fan of cats, but you guys are making me want more. I think if it's not too late, I too may change mine from Sporter to Sendero/MaxDeadCats.

kickemall

WKR
Any idea if there is a way to tell how far down you from the top your order was placed?
I'd say just expect your stock in 10 weeks once they have approved the final product. Since each mold can produce 100 stocks in 10 weeks timeframe.
I was asking because after listening to the podcast Ryan said something about the first 100 orders getting some benefit. Maybe it was the ability to order an LE edition. Just curious, no rush to get it.

wyogoat

WKR
So for those of you still running factory tikka barrels - did you order the factory sized inlet or did you size up for future use/replacement?
I went factory. I have a Stockys VG with factory and like the channel for my rig so just sticking with it. No cats in my channel…kitty rides in the backpack.

eightyeight mag

Lil-Rokslider
There is no situation where I would ever consider the factory inlet. Tight barrel channel has no use to me, more float means less chance of the barrel contacting the stock when torque or pressure is applied.

If I were only ever going to use a factory contour I would consider the 3B cut, but anymore I have everything cut to m24 or bigger.

There is zero down side to a bigger channel inlet
The only downside I have ran into with bigger channel is hunting.
Going through reprod or vine maple and you’ll get a branch or two wedged in there.
Not a huge deal but it is annoying

Going through reprod or vine maple and you’ll get a branch or two wedged in there.
Wrap some painters tape around the barrel just ahead of the stock, so you have extra tape for the muzzle and it will block anything from wedging into the barrel channel

Check out gun.deals and search for the model you want. I went blued because they were 629 plus the rebate (until 31 Dec). Got an ultra lite and a 223 lite compact. I didn’t feel the need for the stainless and if I wanted to get a cerakote it wouldn’t be too much trouble or cost.
I thought it was end of the year but rebate is actually until the end of january. stock up!

Dobermann

WKR
I am not a fan of cats, but you guys are making me want more. I think if it's not too late, I too may change mine from Sporter to Sendero/MaxDeadCats.
Not a fan of cats either.

That's why the metric is *dead cats*.

3B or Sendero for the win!

And I think this now officially brings our usage of cats past 20 posts, so @Frank Dux is vindicated.

Dobermann

WKR
Ordering one of these for a ctr barrel would sendero be the way to go?
Wise man say: If for Sporter, 3B is minimum, and Sendero is for cool guys with more dead cats, then for CTR, Sendero is the only way.

The only remain question is why you persist with CTR? Not needed, and less room for dead cats.

Lawnboi

WKR
I don’t see it as much of a down side. Sticks and pine needles in my large cuts pretty much. Pull out, or I can dig them out. Can do the same with snow when it gets packed in there.

With tight barrel gaps I don’t know if there is anything in there till I pull the action at the end of the year. It uncommon to pull a few pine needles or pieces of brush out.

Last edited: