RokStok

khuber84

WKR
The original Game Warden, or the newer Game Warden LR? The LR version, especially the TG one, looks a lot better than most. Much more similar to an EH1. I'd actually be curious to hear @Formidilosus' thoughts on it too. I'm assuming the trigger reach is probably still further than ideal and perhaps the grip too fat, but the comb and toe lines look markedly better (not perfect, just better) than most stocks.
I have the GW LR, like the stock quite a bit. Very shootable in most positions. I have big hands and the trigger reach is better than manners. My second GW LR is at my smiths getting bedded to the new 7lrm on a bat vampire. Also just ordered another GW LR for my bat bumblebee. Don't think I could take the carbon inlet of the Rokstok to a mill to cut in the flat bottom bat actions.

SDHNTR

WKR
I have the GW LR, like the stock quite a bit. Very shootable in most positions. I have big hands and the trigger reach is better than manners. My second GW LR is at my smiths getting bedded to the new 7lrm on a bat vampire. Also just ordered another GW LR for my bat bumblebee. Don't think I could take the carbon inlet of the Rokstok to a mill to cut in the flat bottom bat actions.
Better than which manners? The EH1 has a reach of about 1.8”, at least mine does. According to McMillian the GW LR is 2”.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Agree with you on the EH1. Mine is my best shooting gun.

But again, I'm talking specifically about the Game Warden LR TG. in the TG model, they appear to have addressed the grip. at least it appears more svelte and the finger chunk is gone.

The GW LR TG, stilll has a way too long trigger reach, way too fat grip, angled forend, and angled toe.

Yes, it’s better than any hunting stock they have done before, but an A3 is still as good or better.

gbflyer

WKR
Jessica is a saint! She had to work with a couple ratards… especially Jake. She sent him a $50 asshole charge!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Has she been there for awhile? I dealt with a lady there 7-8 years ago on a BDL bottom metal and she was awesome.

Ajsomp

WKR
Classified Approved
So for those of you still running factory tikka barrels - did you order the factory sized inlet or did you size up for future use/replacement?

Keep in mind a CTR magazine/bottom metal isn't going to work with current rokstok inlets. You can get a SS 6.5 T3x lite for $722 vs roughly $1000 for a CTR and pay $100 to have it chopped/threaded, not have to worry about sourcing bottom metal/mag, and have a lighter rifle.

You could recoup some $ by selling CTR stock, bottom metal, and mag but since you didn't want to deal with getting it threaded i'd guess that might be a hassle as well.
Maybe you’ve already covered it, but where did you find SS tikkas for $722. I’ve found blued for that price, but not SS

So for those of you still running factory tikka barrels - did you order the factory sized inlet or did you size up for future use/replacement?

Sendero.

Could possibly go on a variety of different tikkas, all would be fine with a lite or 3b channel but extra space doesn't hurt. Dont desire a carbon barrel and definitely wouldn't pay more for one but never know what a guy is going to fall into so having the space is nice.

Ajsomp

WKR
Classified Approved
Maybe you’ve already covered it, but where did you find SS tikkas for $722. I’ve found blued for that price, but not SS
Check out gun.deals and search for the model you want. I went blued because they were 629 plus the rebate (until 31 Dec). Got an ultra lite and a 223 lite compact. I didn’t feel the need for the stainless and if I wanted to get a cerakote it wouldn’t be too much trouble or cost.

Ajsomp

WKR
Classified Approved
Sendero.

Could possibly go on a variety of different tikkas, all would be fine with a lite or 3b channel but extra space doesn't hurt. Dont desire a carbon barrel and definitely wouldn't pay more for one but never know what a guy is going to fall into so having the space is nice.
Kind of where I was leaning. Thanks

Lawnboi

WKR
There is no situation where I would ever consider the factory inlet. Tight barrel channel has no use to me, more float means less chance of the barrel contacting the stock when torque or pressure is applied.

If I were only ever going to use a factory contour I would consider the 3B cut, but anymore I have everything cut to m24 or bigger.

There is zero down side to a bigger channel inlet

Last edited: