RokStok

Dobermann

WKR
I figured you already knew that UM has a Tea Bag and that you were looking for something more creative. I failed to come up with one. Well, I did come up with some options, but while they didn't violate any RS explicit standards, they would have failed the "IYKYK" test.
Hmm ... only last week I saw a 'T-Bag' on a shooting site that was in the shape of a scrotum. I thought it was either on the UM or Cole-Tac sites, but can't see it there. Might have been on a 'special items' or 'April Fools' page. Sorry that's all I've got for the leads.

Might be some entertaining Christmas internet searching for someone, @fwfwow?

It was said early on that a CTR bottom metal inlet may be available based on demand. Any chances of that happening now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m also interested in this. If not I’ll just buy a t3x and rebarrel so I can have a threaded barrel and drop into this stock.

Dobermann

WKR
Any other low profile 3"ish arca rails that would be a good magwell fit on rokstock?

I have srs pic/arca & mini but they are pretty high profile and sharp. A low profile rounded rail would be nice.
Henderson Precision.

Don't have it to hand right now, but it might be called a Hunter? Short, light, no scallops. I love it.

fwafwow

WKR
Hmm ... only last week I saw a 'T-Bag' on a shooting site that was in the shape of a scrotum. I thought it was either on the UM or Cole-Tac sites, but can't see it there. Might have been on a 'special items' or 'April Fools' page. Sorry that's all I've got for the leads.

Might be some entertaining Christmas internet searching for someone, @fwfwow?
Nice try, but I’m not biting. Trying to act more grown up. And anything I would have posted would be NSFW searching and would have included quite a few Urban Dictionary references.

One of the goals is reasonable lead time, correct? So, it a guy waits until March to buy one and they have a backlog, I'd expect the "backorder" wait to be similar to what those have experienced with stockys vg2.... Right? A few weeks?

BBob

WKR
One of the goals is reasonable lead time, correct? So, it a guy waits until March to buy one and they have a backlog, I'd expect the "backorder" wait to be similar to what those have experienced with stockys vg2.... Right? A few weeks?
In theory.

eightyeight mag

Lil-Rokslider
Being a huge Manners fan and owning several of their stocks I’m looking very much forward to trying out the Rokstock.

If I like it great if not I’ll sell it. I think it’s just awesome to have another stock design to choose from for my Tikkas.

I have a feeling it’s going to be pretty bad ass though.

It makes sense to me that people would want detailed explanations of the *why* of every feature that make this stock what it is. Not necessarily “deserved” but I get why people would want to know.

Combining the stock renderings with the thread on stock/chassis for field shooting with the breakdowns given is a decent way to try to sus those explanations out

Carl Ross

Lil-Rokslider
Yes they will be. There is also going to be a very comfortable, and different- accessory to help with a higher cheek weld for people with high scope rings.
I’m probably going to have to pick up one of those. I used to always use offset cheek rests on my Manners stocks and MPA’s, I’d move them to the right to make room for my face to stay upright. A few years ago, I switched to running a low but centered cheekpiece; it worked well in left or right hand use for myself, and was easier for my left handed dad to adapt to when he’d use my equipment.

Currently, I have UM high rings on a CTR stock and it’s a pretty good fit for me. I expect the Rokstock will fit my face and head with those rings pretty well from what I’ve seen. However…a lot of other people shoot my setups, and not all of them share my face shape. One of my more trying moments of the last year of shooting involved spending over 30 minutes trying to get someone to successfully see through my scope in a prone position. So…an option that’d bump up the checkpiece quickly and non-permanently would be awesome.

Last edited: