RokStok

Dobermann

WKR
I carry and use a TAB Gear bag which looks to be basically the same as that bag. That and a pint can are pretty versatile. I’ve been carrying and shooting off these two for quite a number of years now.
View attachment 646465

A lot of bags look like that. You can't really tell the difference between bags until you have them in hand, next to each other.

eoperator

WKR
Any other low profile 3"ish arca rails that would be a good magwell fit on rokstock?

I have srs pic/arca & mini but they are pretty high profile and sharp. A low profile rounded rail would be nice.

Any other low profile 3"ish arca rails that would be a good magwell fit on rokstock?

I have srs pic/arca & mini but they are pretty high profile and sharp. A low profile rounded rail would be nice.
What tripod head? I’ve been using a 2” pic rail in front of the magwell with my RRS clamp instead of an arca plate. Couldn’t get on board with the arca sticking out.

lak2004

WKR
Forgive my ignorance as I haven't used the spartan stuff, but would it be possible to have a cup for the davros head put in front of the magwell? Then it wouldn't be sticking out. I think the downfall of the davros is bino/spotter use?

fwafwow

WKR
Someone got the joke.
I figured you already knew that UM has a Tea Bag and that you were looking for something more creative. I failed to come up with one. Well, I did come up with some options, but while they didn't violate any RS explicit standards, they would have failed the "IYKYK" test.

SDHNTR

WKR
I don’t have the patience to read through 2000 posts. Can someone please direct me to the post number, or quote the explanation for such dramatic negative comb? I understand a few degrees negative, but what advantage is there to such extreme slope?

Last edited:

eoperator

WKR
What tripod head? I’ve been using a 2” pic rail in front of the magwell with my RRS clamp instead of an arca plate. Couldn’t get on board with the arca sticking out.
Never thought of putting a pic rail there, I was hoping for something less obtrusive purpose built. I do have rrs arca/pic clamps on a couple bipods.

Forgive my ignorance as I haven't used the spartan stuff, but would it be possible to have a cup for the davros head put in front of the magwell? Then it wouldn't be sticking out. I think the downfall of the davros is bino/spotter use?
Spartan adapter would be nice but I've heard it has more "wiggle" than an arca/ball head for balance point connection. I would like one platform for spotter-bino-rifle without having a large sacrifice in weight or a large amount of performance loss from one to benefit another.

SDHNTR

WKR
Wait, I just read 523. I know all that. I understand the why behind negative comb. My question was specifically why so extremely negative? Way more negatively sloped than anything else out there. Why is 15 degrees of negative slope (or whatever it is) better than say 3 or 5 degrees?

lak2004

WKR
Wait, I just read 523. I know all that. I understand the why behind negative comb. My question was specifically why so extremely negative? Way more negatively sloped than anything else out there. Why is 15 degrees of negative slope (or whatever it is) better than say 3 or 5 degrees?
Because this stock is above boreline. Others with negative comb are not

Pretty sure it is 12*