Recieved Contract Today

shaun

WKR
Well after tons of research and talking to a lot of knowledgeable guys on here I just recieved my contract to sign and return for my 2014 sheep hunt. I booked with Jonah Stewart of Jonah's Alaskian Outfitters he is a die hard archery guy and seems like he knows what it takes to make it happen with a bow. it will be a 10 day bivy hunt sleepin with the sheep. I will also be hunting inland grizzley during this hunt. He seemed really understanding of my goals for this hunt as with many of us on here this is a one time endeavor so I will not accept come back empty handed and agreed with us flying a rifle in for a plan C last day kind of deal. Thought I would share since I am stoked!

OP
shaun

shaun

WKR
Thanks guys I'm pretty stoked!

DR it's easy hunt is 18 months away roughly putting a predetermined amount in savings from every check that's the only way I can afford it

Craig4791

WKR
Right on Shaun! Congrats

I'm probably going on an archery dall hunt in 2014 as well i have a guy in mind but need to figure out more details.

If you don't mind PM me the rates you guys agreed on for the dall hunt and what the trophy fee is to add the Griz.

OP
shaun

shaun

WKR
Thanks Guys! I consistently keep up my workouts and cardio up throughout the year but I will probably up intensity more than normal about 8 months out from hunt maybe do a live pre hunt or something similar. I will be keeping a daily journal I figured since being unable to live hunt it that would be the next best thing to give a daily play by play. I will also be filming hunt if circumstances allow and it doesnt hinder an opportunity. Ed talking to outfitter and clients his opportuniy rate at 40 yards is 100% so being an archery guy through and through I figure it would be a hell of a deal to hammer one with a bow if the opportunity presents it self. Like I said though I will have no problem jumping over to the thunder stick if need be.

OP
shaun

shaun

WKR
By Alaska state law you must have an outfitter for sheep goat and grizzley in alaska. If I diddnt have to trust me I wouldnt