Recieved Contract Today

OP
shaun

shaun

WKR
Thanks guys! tons of pics and video will be posted up is the plan. Booked my flight to fairbanks today

OP
shaun

shaun

WKR
Nice Shaun, cant wait to here the stories! Was there a cancellation hunt that you jumped this year instead of next?

Exactly what happened! When I got the call about it and being able to change hunt over. I went and felt my boss out being that I will be in Colorado at the end of Aug the exact words out of his mouth was "you are a "explicit deleted" idiot if you dont jump on that". The kicker will be I dont know if I will be able to pull a Grizz now on this hunt because of of fast it happend and all funds look like they will be used. Jon Boy you aint kidding man! feels surreal to say the least!

OP
shaun

shaun

WKR
Shaun...Those are my dates as well! Along with JerseyJohn...See you in a little over a month!!!!

I land in Fairbanks at 10:30PM Thursday the 8th I have a cousin picking me up from airport and gonna get a cold one if you guys are around

Kotaman

WKR
We get into Fairbanks on the 7th and fly to Cold Foot at 8 am on the 8th, so we may miss each other depending on Jonah's flight schedule from Cold Foot. Scheduled to come out the 19th, departing from Fairbanks on the 20th. Good Luck! Maybe our paths will cross...If not, I will post to your thread here.

I arrive in Fairbanks around midnight the sixth, then off to the airstrip the morning of the seventh. Can't wait.

OP
shaun

shaun

WKR
We get into Fairbanks on the 7th and fly to Cold Foot at 8 am on the 8th, so we may miss each other depending on Jonah's flight schedule from Cold Foot. Scheduled to come out the 19th, departing from Fairbanks on the 20th. Good Luck! Maybe our paths will cross...If not, I will post to your thread here.

I fly to Cold Foot 8am the 9th I come out the 19th also so we just might. Was doing some shooting at 80 yards last night and was grouping like a sob praying for good weather and sealing the dealImageUploadedByTapatalk1372436352.674824.jpg

Snyd

WKR
Welcome to Fairbanks guys. I'd try and hook up with you for atleast a handshake and beverage but I'll be headed into the sheep mtns myself. All the best and I hope your dream hunt is more than you can even imagine. Here's to clear skies, cool breezes and heavy packs! I'll leave you with this....

An Alaskan Sheep Hunters Poem
By Snyd

With the sun at my back and the breeze on my face
I hope to find that magical place
Where the Dall Sheep live in the their majestic home
Alaska, the Last Frontier

From the Wrangells to the Brooks and the Alaska Range
From the Chugach Mountains to the Talkeetnas and Whites
From the Tanana Foothills and Mentastas too,
To the Kenai Mountains to name a few
These are the places the Rams call home
In Alaska, the Last Frontier

In search of great Rams, my partner and I
Together we go with hopes as high
As the mountains we hike

Tis the hunt of a lifetime if one can go
It's not like hunting the Whitetail you know!
There is nothing quite like the stress and the strain
Sheep hunting puts on the body and brain

But the rewards are great for the ones who make
The arduous treks for that's what it takes
For a chance to see the Mountain Sheep Ovis
Ovis Dalli

If one can get
The chance at a shot
He surly has earned it
But then if not
He still has the joy deep down in his soul
Of knowing he stood
Where many can't go

To that place of a dream for many a hunter
To the tops of the Mountains
Ovis calls home

tstowater

WKR
Sounds like a bunch of white sheep hunters this year. Praying for favorable weather. Good luck to all. Shaun, are you just taking the bow or...???

OP
shaun

shaun

WKR
Just the bow buddy! That was the kicker with taking the cancellation hunt

slim9300

WKR
Wow. Good luck on your hunt. It must be a surreal feeling as it approaches much faster than you could prepare yourself for. I'll be checking back in about 6 weeks for all the details. :)

Have fun living out many of our dream hunts and shoot straight!

OP
shaun

shaun

WKR
Thanks Guys! Yes Tick Tock is right! I have been scrambling to get everything together. Had to take an Ibep class on sat, set up flights etc its been hectic

TXCO

WKR
Good luck!! Ill be bear hunting hunting right before you. Hoping the weather cools down a little