Reading recommendations

top pin

FNG
Hoping to get a couple of recommendations for some reading. Not a big reader, but would like to take something with me next week to elk camp. Maybe a contemporary western, international espionage, fiction or non-fiction, so long as it is novel and not 1,000's of pages long. Maybe even something biographical along the lines of western US exploration and settlement. I have read several Lewis and Clark documentaries. Thanks for taking a few moments to read this.

Tag stew

Lil-Rokslider
There are books by Terry Hodges an ex game warden that are a good easy read. He had a show on Nat Geo( I think) that was called wildlife wars. It is stories of him catching poachers during his career.

N Phelps

FNG
I got into A Song of Ice and Fire last year. It's the book series that Game of Thrones is based on. I know you said something that wasn't 1000's of pages long, but it was so good I couldn't put it down.

My family has a tradition of packing Louis L'amour books into elk camp, and trading them around when everyone is finished. Most are quick, easy reads. There's something about hunting the west while reading a good shoot-em-up western.