PSA--Why you should NOT use Silencer Central to purchase a suppressor

I gotta say, the more I shoot my banish 30, the more I like it. I would never suggest it as the best for really any application, especially whem you consider price, but calling it "trash" is a bit much.
I will never understand why people are trashing the Banish line of suppressors. They do exactly what they are suppose to do, bring the report of the rifle or pistol down to hearing safe levels while shooting. If the suppressor brings the report of the firearm down to below hearing safe for your ears, what does it matter if another silencer is a tiny bit quieter and the weight difference is so minute that weight does not really matter either! Buy whatever suppressor you want, be happy and live with it!

WKR
I will never understand why people are trashing the Banish line of suppressors. They do exactly what they are suppose to do, bring the report of the rifle or pistol down to hearing safe levels while shooting. If the suppressor brings the report of the firearm down to below hearing safe for your ears, what does it matter if another silencer is a tiny bit quieter and the weight difference is so minute that weight does not really matter either! Buy whatever suppressor you want, be happy and live with it!
Exactly. Especially if you're just saying it's trash because it's not a tbac u7.

My DD STi is lighter/shorter/quieter and 2/3 the price of an ultra 7, but I'm not calling an ultra 7 trash.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Maybe you missed the part where my banish is fused shut so I can no longer switch it between 7 and 9”. The company has even told me that if I send it in on warranty and they break it trying to open it, it won’t be replaced.

Yeah, really awesome product. They even acknowledge that sometimes they break them trying to open them when they get stuck.

So if getting a cap fixed on is normal, and breaking them trying to open them up is normal then they should change something. Mine got stuck after ~ 30 rounds.

Last edited:

WKR
Maybe you missed the part where my banish is fused shut so I can no longer switch it between 7 and 9”. The company has even told me that if I send it in on warranty and they break it trying to open it, it won’t be replaced.

Yeah, really awesome product. They even acknowledge that sometimes they break them trying to open them when they get stuck.
If that's what they said, then i understand your frustration much better. I think that sucks.

One reason I use Tbac for all mine,maybe better ones or even cheaper ones that are better but it makes my life easier.Good quality and customer service and I only deal with one company.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
One reason I use Tbac for all mine,maybe better ones or even cheaper ones that are better but it makes my life easier.Good quality and customer service and I only deal with one company.
Yeah TBAC is tough to beat for customer service and product quality but I think lots of other companies take care of their customers too. Some fail, silencer central, dead air to name a few.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
If that's what they said, then i understand your frustration much better. I think that sucks.
Yeah the truth of the matter is that “user serviceability” is a cost cutting method. It’s far cheaper and faster to thread a tube w/caps and call it a feature than it is to properly weld titanium.

Yeah TBAC is tough to beat for customer service and product quality but I think lots of other companies take care of their customers too. Some fail, silencer central, dead air to name a few.
Definitely,thats just something I look at when making important purchases that i plan to keep.

So if getting a cap fixed on is normal, and breaking them trying to open them up is normal then they should change something. Mine got stuck after ~ 30 rounds.
Sounds to me like a possible maintenance problem, shooting out of a shorter barrel than recommended, shooting more than 20 rounds in rapid fire, not cooling suppressor between rapid fire or use of solid lead or plated lead bullets, which is not recommended. My Banish 30 directions do say to clean every 50 to 100 rounds. I also use anti-seize on all threads of my suppressors. Never had a problem. There is also the BanishSuppressor Lifetime Warranty as well as The Banish Better Suppressor Guarantee. Just Sayin.

Last edited:

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Sounds to me like a possible maintenance problem, shooting out of a shorter barrel than recommended, shooting more than 20 rounds in rapid fire, not cooling suppressor between rapid fire or use of solid lead or plated lead bullets, which is not recommended. My Banish 30 directions do say to clean every 50 to 100 rounds. I also use anti-seize on all threads of my suppressors. Never had a problem. There is also the BanishSuppressor Lifetime Warranty as well as The Banish Better Suppressor Guarantee. Just Sayin.
I did none of those things.

And as I stated, if they damage it trying to fix it, then they won’t replace it under warranty. They will give you a discount on a new one.

I know you don’t want to hear it since you likely sink some cash in t a banish supressor but they aren’t good quality and the warranty is t as they claim.

I did none of those things.

And as I stated, if they damage it trying to fix it, then they won’t replace it under warranty. They will give you a discount on a new one.

I know you don’t want to hear it since you likely sink some cash in t a banish supressor but they aren’t good quality and the warranty is t as they claim.
I actually did buy a Banish 30 suppressor, like many other people and have had no problems whatsoever with my Banish 30 suppressor, like so many other people. One thing I have noticed with people here on Rokslide is alot of you hate Silencer Central. Right of their site:

BANISH SUPPRESSOR LIFETIME WARRANTY

Silencer Central provides a lifetime warranty against all manufacturing defects and damage caused by the normal use of our products. We will repair or replace free of charge any suppressor manufactured by, or at the direction of, Silencer Central. The product is sold “as is” with no further implied contractual rights or warranties beyond those expressly stated herein.

The lifetime warranty does not apply to certain conditions or acts. It is at the sole discretion and determination of Silencer Central if a defect or condition is covered by this warranty. Conditions not covered include, but are not limited to: modifications, abuse, neglect, use of defective ammunition, use of improperly sized ammunition, and criminal conduct. Silencer Central assumes no liability for damages or bodily injury caused by such acts or omissions as previously described. Abuse and neglect are defined as usage outside of the reasonable scope for which the product is intended, thus contributing to the accelerated and unreasonable premature wear of the suppressor itself.

For warranty repair or replacement requests, please contact customer service at [email protected] or 866.891.4494.

Please do not ship a suppressor to Silencer Central for a warranty repair or replacement without first contacting Customer Service.

If for any reason your suppressor is not eligible for repair or replacement, you may purchase a replacement suppressor for 50% off the MSRP for the same or similar suppressor.

If they are not honoring their warranty, something else must be going on here.

RAG2Scott

FNG
Update:

May 6 - 4473 complete
May 13 - Email offering 10% future discount for delays
May 21 - Email stating shipping soon
May 21 - Email stating Silencer has been backordered
May 23 - Spoke on phone and they said the backorder was a mistake. The Silencer has been shipped to the FFL in my state who will ship to me but could not provide tracking number.
May 23 - Approval/ workflow still shows waiting for local law enforcement notification period.

I will say customer service answered the phone right away and was helpful.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I actually did buy a Banish 30 suppressor, like many other people and have had no problems whatsoever with my Banish 30 suppressor, like so many other people. One thing I have noticed with people here on Rokslide is alot of you hate Silencer Central. Right of their site:

Silencer Central provides a lifetime warranty against all manufacturing defects and damage caused by the normal use of our products. We will repair or replace free of charge any suppressor manufactured by, or at the direction of, Silencer Central. The product is sold “as is” with no further implied contractual rights or warranties beyond those expressly stated herein.

The lifetime warranty does not apply to certain conditions or acts. It is at the sole discretion and determination of Silencer Central if a defect or condition is covered by this warranty. Conditions not covered include, but are not limited to: modifications, abuse, neglect, use of defective ammunition, use of improperly sized ammunition, and criminal conduct. Silencer Central assumes no liability for damages or bodily injury caused by such acts or omissions as previously described. Abuse and neglect are defined as usage outside of the reasonable scope for which the product is intended, thus contributing to the accelerated and unreasonable premature wear of the suppressor itself.

For warranty repair or replacement requests, please contact customer service at [email protected] or 866.891.4494.

Please do not ship a suppressor to Silencer Central for a warranty repair or replacement without first contacting Customer Service.

If for any reason your suppressor is not eligible for repair or replacement, you may purchase a replacement suppressor for 50% off the MSRP for the same or similar suppressor.

You can keep denying it but try actually using that warranty. Do some internet searching. Stories like mine are not uncommon.

I get it, there is a lot of emotion with silencers since you are stuck with them for life. The truth hurts.

I’m not going to argue this anymore, I’m glad you are happy with your banish 30 but I stand by my assertion that compared to almost everything on the market, the banish 30 is trash. I’d literally buy any other silencer before buying another banish 30. Have a nice evening.

You can keep denying it but try actually using that warranty. Do some internet searching. Stories like mine are not uncommon.

I get it, there is a lot of emotion with silencers since you are stuck with them for life. The truth hurts.

I’m not going to argue this anymore, I’m glad you are happy with your banish 30 but I stand by my assertion that compared to almost everything on the market, the banish 30 is trash. I’d literally buy any other silencer before buying another banish 30. Have a nice evening.
You are the one that will not let this go. GOODBYE!

OP
D

Dave C.

Lil-Rokslider

And a new SC fanboy is born. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Some people just need to learn the hard way.

And a new SC fanboy is born. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Some people just need to learn the hard way.
I'm pretty sure you are just another SC hater like some people you fail to understand all the suppressor brands have their small issues with their brand of suppressors. I and many, many others have had no issues with SC but you continue to hate on the one brand in particular, so you are the hater. If you do not like SC then change the channel by not using SC or buying any of their suppressors but unfortunalty you will keep dragging the hate. I am glad, I and alot of SC owners, are not the ones hating on any of the suppressor brands as I am glad they are all available to us!

Im on my 3rd tbac thru sc.
No issues other than wait.

Buy the way is anyone seeing trust coming back any quicker?

Well it cost like a hundred dollars less than silencers that are lighter and quieter. The user serviceability thing is stupid.

My end cap is fused shut so it’s no longer “user serviceable”. Why buy a banish 30 when you can get a TBAC, SD, scythe, or any number of better products for a similar price.

I wish I’d known more before I spent money on my banish 30, I thought it was good until I used it side by side with other silencers.

It is better than not having a silencer, in the 7” configuration though it’s noticeably louder (and heavier) than my TBAC ultra 7. My banish 30 lives on my truck gun which stays on the floor in the back seat of my truck, I honestly don’t really care if it gets stepped on or stolen at this point, I have cooler silencers.
I have a banish 30 and pretty much agree with all of this. It was my first suppressor, and got it bc SC made the process very simple, so I don’t regret getting it. But I definitely don’t recommend it.
After using it in the 7” form on a 6 creed on 4 animals last year, it’s now going to live in its 9” form on a .223. It was loud enough that it still bothered my ears. So I ordered a CGS Hyperion to “replace it”
As for the end cap, mine had maybe 200 rds through it, and it just took me a vice grip, a breaker bar, and an hour of frustration to get it off. Scratched the hell out of it in the process, but I did get it eventually.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Im on my 3rd tbac thru sc.
No issues other than wait.

Buy the way is anyone seeing trust coming back any quicker?
I just got my scythe approved in 99 days. My ultra 7 took ~230 days and my banish 30 took like 430 days so in my personal experience, trusts are getting done faster.

OP
D

Dave C.

Lil-Rokslider
I'm pretty sure you are just another SC hater like some people you fail to understand all the suppressor brands have their small issues with their brand of suppressors. I and many, many others have had no issues with SC but you continue to hate on the one brand in particular, so you are the hater. If you do not like SC then change the channel by not using SC or buying any of their suppressors but unfortunalty you will keep dragging the hate. I am glad, I and alot of SC owners, are not the ones hating on any of the suppressor brands as I am glad they are all available to us!
Yep, I'm a SC hater. Didn't start out that way but they turned me into one because of their lies and poor Customer Service. There are others on this thread and forum who are in the same boat who have now seen the light. You think just because you haven't had a bad experience with them YET that they are a reputable company who doesn't deserve all the negativity. Go ahead, use them. People like you deserve to learn the hard way. I have no reason to bash SC other than to forewarn others about their business practice(which is now plainly out there for all to see and has been confirmed by multiple customers) and to try and save others from having a bad experience with them. If you have low standards and expectations and choose to do business with them, that's your choice. Good luck. You'll need it.