Pro/Anti-Hunting List?

Haha. Life long Alaskan. Never even seen a Chick-Fil-A. One of these days when I'm down in America I'll have to track one down.
It’s not worth your time. It’s bland chicken on a bland bun. And I love fried chicken. I tend toward Safeway cause Albertsons is no more.

Drenalin

W.KR
I'm not a Chik-Fil-A fan, with one exception: the breakfast egg white grill. There is something deeply satisfying to me about eating grilled chicken and a fried egg on one sandwich/taco/hotdog thing. They can keep all that other junk though.

BHA leadership is anti gun. And have endorsed anti hunting politicians. No thanks
I recently heard a local podcast go on and on about the Federal Subsistence Board overreach happening in Alaska. Later in the program they brought up their affiliation with BHA and how important is it for people to get involved in BHA - you know, the "hunting" organization that has clamored over and endorsed national politicians (Deb Haaland, Mary Peltola) that have refused to use their authority to influence the FSB voting. Deb Haaland has the power to make every FSB proposal DOA, instead she put her authority and the departments she oversees behind them.

Mojave

WKR
Well said.

I would add that the cancel culture shoes fit both feet. I bet a Venn Diagram of people complaining about cancel culture and people trying to make sure they don't support a company they perceive as not being pro hunting/2a/whatever would be close to a circle.

I don't care for some of the way Chick-fil-A runs their business, but the reason I don't go is that I don't really like their chicken. If they made awesome food I'd care a lot less.
I don't know anything about Chick-Fil-A business model other than the fact they are closed on Sunday.

I concur, their chicken sucks!

It taste like sugared chicken.

I don't know anything about Chick-Fil-A business model other than the fact they are closed on Sunday.

I concur, their chicken sucks!

It taste like sugared chicken.
Probably because of the sugar! I ain't trying to catch diabetes!

Drenalin

W.KR
75qys1.jpg

74Bronco

Lil-Rokslider
We need a side betting forum, so we can bet on which page the thread will get derailed into memes..

Also, I am caring less and less about brand/price/my understanding of a companies political beliefs, and more about quality. I am done buying stuff 2-3+ times.. Until the company goes to far, then I stop. Nike has been one for me. Not hunting related though. But I don't need anything they have.

tony

WKR
I prefer Popeyes myself (y)
Interesting read.
Kind of like the “I don’t buy Chinese products as I type out I don’t buy China products on a iPhone, iPad, etc.”
I don’t think there’s an easy answer here.
Little off topic, years back the state Ohio bailed out Rocky boots from certain extinction.
Rocky repaid the state and taxpayers buy sending manufacturing to China and Mexico.
I still buy Rocky - price is reasonable, they hold up pretty well, and they are about an hour from me.
And I own a jet boil

I do my best to buy American made gear first.
There are many reasons to hate Jetboil, they were originally made in USA before Vista bought them out. Now they are made in China. I’ll take a US made MSR Reactor or Windburner over a ChiCom jetboil any day. I have no idea of MSR’s politics.

Patagonia is another hypocritcal company that has made billions outsourcing, F them.
Jet boil is not owned by vista. Vista outdoors is a very pro 2nd and pro hunting company. Infact vista paid more in PR tax last year then REI has actually donated to conservation in their whole entirety.

Jetboil is owned by Johnson Outdoors, Inc. they have no hunting brands, just a few fishing brands like hummingbird

It can go the other way, too. For example, Black Rifle’s whole “ign’ant-and-proud-of-it” schtick is so embarrassing that I’d never buy their coffee even if it wasn’t terrible.

Even companies that actually make products worth having — Spyderco, for example — could do with less bootlicking, too.

Last edited:

sivart

WKR
Black Rifle has a lot of suspect past narratives and employees, for which I wouldn't even consider them.

Their chief adviser was on the Huntsman podcast. Really exposed them for me.

Okhotnik

WKR
I recently heard a local podcast go on and on about the Federal Subsistence Board overreach happening in Alaska. Later in the program they brought up their affiliation with BHA and how important is it for people to get involved in BHA - you know, the "hunting" organization that has clamored over and endorsed national politicians (Deb Haaland, Mary Peltola) that have refused to use their authority to influence the FSB voting. Deb Haaland has the power to make every FSB proposal DOA, instead she put her authority and the departments she oversees behind them.
So Den Haaland is pro hunting and pro gun. Here social media in the past said otherwise. But BHA loved her just like the eco terrorist BHA endorsed that spiked trees and injured loggers

brianp

FNG
It can go the other way, too. For example, Black Rifle’s whole “ign’ant-and-proud-of-it” schtick is so embarrassing that I’d never buy their coffee even if it wasn’t terrible.

Even companies that actually make products worth having — Spyderco, for example — could do with less bootlicking, too.
Any company large enough to make it national, and is pro-2A gets my support. I don't care how they do it.

The alternative is the 85% of large nationwide companies who are vocally anti-2a just suppresses the 2A voices a little bit more. I will support any big pro-2A company to get them to drop to even 84%, or challenge their status quo of "We love people, which means we must hate guns"

Jet boil is not owned by vista. Vista outdoors is a very pro 2nd and pro hunting company. Infact vista paid more in PR tax last year then REI has actually donated to conservation in their whole entirety.

Jetboil is owned by Johnson Outdoors, Inc. they have no hunting brands, just a few fishing brands like hummingbird
Thank you for the correction. I’ll edit my post that Jetboil is Johnson and not Vista.