Pro/Anti-Hunting List?

def90

WKR
I just think it’s gonna take a lot of work to be that passionate and idealistic and you’re probably gonna end up not buying anything or doing anything

Actually it's not that hard.. it's pretty f'ing easy. If companies want to play games I'm willing to join in.

OP
gtriple

gtriple

WKR
Actually it's not that hard.. it's pretty f'ing easy. If companies want to play games I'm willing to join in.
Yea I don't know why people are saying it is that hard. It's not like I'm making purchases daily. So I do a little research on where to purchase a product from before I buy it... e.g. If GoHunt and REI both stock the same item, I'll buy it from GoHunt.

it's not hard to avoid certain companies, but you won't get very far other than that. and while every purchase does make a difference although very little, cutting off your nose to spite your face only hurts you. meaning if the store you hate has something cheaper, going to a more expensive store doesn't do you any good. I agree with what you're trying to do, just don't know that it will work the way we want.

def90

WKR
it's not hard to avoid certain companies, but you won't get very far other than that. and while every purchase does make a difference although very little, cutting off your nose to spite your face only hurts you. meaning if the store you hate has something cheaper, going to a more expensive store doesn't do you any good. I agree with what you're trying to do, just don't know that it will work the way we want.

I'm wiing to spend more money if it means I'm not stepping on my own dick. I already shop local vs bigbox or online. I'm a business owner, why companies continue to ostracise half of their potential customers is beyond me. If people actually played their game along with them rather than screw themselves because they are a dollar cheaper then it would make a difference.

I'm wiing to spend more money if it means I'm not stepping on my own dick. I already shop local vs bigbox or online. I'm a business owner, why companies continue to ostracise half of their potential customers is beyond me. If people actually played their game along with them rather than screw themselves because they are a dollar cheaper then it would make a difference.
If half the potential customers are hunters... Its a hunting gear company.

I do my best to buy American made gear first.
There are many reasons to hate Jetboil, they were originally made in USA before Vista [Johnson] bought them out. Now they are made in China. I’ll take a US made MSR Reactor or Windburner over a ChiCom jetboil any day. I have no idea of MSR’s politics.

Patagonia is another hypocritcal company that has made billions outsourcing, F them.

Edited 1/16/2023: errantly attributed Vista Outdoors as owners of Jetboil.

Last edited:

Sadler

WKR
Yea I don't know why people are saying it is that hard. It's not like I'm making purchases daily. So I do a little research on where to purchase a product from before I buy it... e.g. If GoHunt and REI both stock the same item, I'll buy it from GoHunt.
If JetBoil is anti hunting and GOHUNT is selling JetBoil products, do you still support GOHUNT?

sneaky

"DADDY"
I’d say donating to these guys makes you anti hunting.
99c95cf24d6cc13ec9f682a3f6d25c7b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nothing says helping animals more than selling micro- plastic shedding petroleum based faux fur hoodies

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I think the biggest thing people need to do is understand the issue when they see a company labeled as anti-gun or anti-hunting. (They are not the same thing.) Companies like Dick's Sporting Goods who built their business on the dollars of hunters and fisherman and then not only stopped selling guns and ammunition they deemed as evil but went out and hired lobbyists to lobby for more gun control laws so they wouldn't lose face. That is anti-gun. REALLY anti-gun.

Wal-Mart stopped selling certain ammunition (all exclusively handgun ammunition and .223/5.56) after the shooting in Wal-Mart in Texas. While I understand their actions it didn't solve anything. Plenty of 9mm and 5.56 available all over the planet. While I greatly miss buying Winchester white box 9mm for 7.99/box, this particular action doesn't make them especially anti-gun and they certainly aren't anti-hunting. At least I haven't seen any place where they have taken actions against hunters.

There are companies out there who go out of their way to make life difficult as both a hunter and gun owner. I do my best to avoid giving them business. Unfortunately in today's woke, politically correct world it is getting harder and harder.

I think all of us can agree that something needs to be done but I ask, how far are you willing to go? if it's only avoiding 1 or 2 stores then you're wasting your time and money.
reality is, everything you own is backed by an anti. car, house, tools, toys, etc. so good luck with that. it's an all or none fight, you can't pick and choose.
the only place I've seen so far to actually stand up to fight was Texas. how did that work out? an entire state had a call to arms (manner of speaking), and no one showed up.
also, all the places mentioned so far are places I don't shop anyway lol. I have more issues with stupid than I do ideals. except jetboil, I love that thing and don't care if they disagree with me and my son using AR's to kill animals while sipping coffee out of their cups.
as far as things made in America, well I don't really know what that means anymore. really nothing is "made" here. it might be assembled here, but does it really matter if the Chinese assemble their product, or we do? personally, my hands are too big to be messing with those little screws, they must have tiny hands lol.

OP
gtriple

gtriple

WKR
If JetBoil is anti hunting and GOHUNT is selling JetBoil products, do you still support GOHUNT?
I don't own or plan to buy a JetBoil. This is exactly what I meant by "not trying to nitpick".

Would it be difficult to only buy from companies that align with my ways of thinking? Of course. But if it is worth the effort to me, then so be it.