Pro/Anti-Hunting List?

Burnsie

Lil-Rokslider
I think it all depends on how far you want to dig into any individual company. I can almost guarantee if you dig deep enough into just about any company that is fairly large and has a national presence you will find they are associated with some entity that is anti-hunting or anti-2A in some form or fashion. Some of their raw material suppliers may be hard core anti hunting/2A, or they may have companies you disagree with in their investment portfolio, or they may be part of an industry group that doesn't share your values??
But ultimately its up to each individual to decide how deep a dive they want to do (if any at all), and how they want to spend their money.

ThorM465

WKR
Classified Approved
It can go the other way, too. For example, Black Rifle’s whole “ign’ant-and-proud-of-it” schtick is so embarrassing that I’d never buy their coffee even if it wasn’t terrible.
ign'ant and proud of it. What does that even mean?

ThorM465

WKR
Classified Approved
I get the whole "vote with your dollars" thing. But I also just don't have the will to care what these companies stand for. I can make things less political by not caring about the politics of others.
It's kind of like the old saying. "All that's needed for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." You may not have the will to care what these companies stand for, but the enemy does and that's why they're being pandered to by corporate America. If people don't begin to care there will no longer be an America left to hand over to our children. Unfortunately that's no longer hyperbole.

I came across this thread while doing some research on jetboil stoves. Here I found the American made MSR stoves. I have nothing against jetboil, but given the choice I'm going to spend just a few more dollars buying the American made windburner.

OP
gtriple

gtriple

WKR
It means they "back the blue" while also claiming to support the 2A. They regularly lick the boots of those that do the gun grabbing.
Could you post proof? I'd like to read about this. I don't care for their coffee either way. I buy local coffee on all of my travels.
Is it worth stooping down to use these tactics?

Also, there are a many pro-hunting companies, organizations, people, etc. that proudly support anti-2A politicians.
Examples?

OP
gtriple

gtriple

WKR
It's kind of like the old saying. "All that's needed for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." You may not have the will to care what these companies stand for, but the enemy does and that's why they're being pandered to by corporate America. If people don't begin to care there will no longer be an America left to hand over to our children. Unfortunately that's no longer hyperbole.

I came across this thread while doing some research on jetboil stoves. Here I found the American made MSR stoves. I have nothing against jetboil, but given the choice I'm going to spend just a few more dollars buying the American made windburner.
Exactly. Doing nothing is still doing something. By supporting or not supporting certain companies financially, you are casting your vote.

I'm not sure why people here would be against me or others at least trying to make a difference. Just because it is difficult, doesn't mean we shouldn't try.

IdahoBeav

WKR
Could you post proof? I'd like to read about this. I don't care for their coffee either way. I buy local coffee on all of my travels.

Examples?
For the record, I'm not saying that you should or should not buy BR coffee. I don't drink coffee, so I don't buy it or any other. Nonetheless, BR has a coffee blend named after the Thin Blue Line. They claim that a portion of the profits are donated to law enforcement officers. Their social media accounts are regularly posting "back the blue" and/or the blue line flag. At least one of the founders has appeared on Fox News expressing his enthusiastic support for the police. His Youtube channel includes multiple videos of skits where he is expressing heavy support for the police.

With the pro-hunting entities/people that support anti-2A politicians, most of that is BHA and similar organizations and their leadership and members. They support any politician and political agenda they deem supportive of public lands and conservation. A recent example of this would be with Senators Heinrich and Tillis. Representative Dan Crenshaw has a large pro-hunting support base, but he is also anti-2A, supporting red flag laws.

OP
gtriple

gtriple

WKR
For the record, I'm not saying that you should or should not buy BR coffee. I don't drink coffee, so I don't buy it or any other. Nonetheless, BR has a coffee blend named after the Thin Blue Line. They claim that a portion of the profits are donated to law enforcement officers. Their social media accounts are regularly posting "back the blue" and/or the blue line flag. At least one of the founders has appeared on Fox News expressing his enthusiastic support for the police. His Youtube channel includes multiple videos of skits where he is expressing heavy support for the police.

With the pro-hunting entities/people that support anti-2A politicians, most of that is BHA and similar organizations and their leadership and members. They support any politician and political agenda they deem supportive of public lands and conservation. A recent example of this would be with Senators Heinrich and Tillis. Representative Dan Crenshaw has a large pro-hunting support base, but he is also anti-2A, supporting red flag laws.
Oh, gotcha. Blue as in police blue. Not democrat blue. That's fine. I support Law Enforcement. Most Republicans are pro-Law Enforcement.

I'll have to dig into the politicians that BHA supports.

normally I laugh at these posts, mostly because I have a true realistic view. I can agree something should be done but how many are willing to agree that is too late?
you want to support US based companies? fine, but realize the materials in some way are coming from other countries. what? you make wool socks from your own sheep? did you make your own thread too, I think not. sure its possible to find companies that do in fact do that, but having a few people actually search for that is not making a dent. we need to make a hard fast definitive change collectively, if we can do that I'm all in where do we sign up.
on the issue of companies that support 2A, some people have 0 common sense. let me ask you, if a company who is anti 2a sells you a gun then who do you think wins that?
by you saying "I'm not buying from that guy" you are reinforcing his ideals. at some point they will no longer carry the product because they will see they don't need you and you'll be the one left trying to find said product. instead, feed those companies so they rely on you, then when we fight they have no choice but to back us. its basic survival in business and life. you don't bite the hand that feeds you.
the other issue I have these days is that made in the USA doesn't mean what it use to. the new generation has become so lazy that some products made here are worse than overseas. how about we start there so that it means something again.
no matter what you do or who you buy from you are in some way supporting the very thing you hate. no one ever says "I'm pulling all my money out of the bank and not paying my mortgage" but boy are we worried about sipping coffee from an anti company. guess what, all the banks are anti. who do you think has more leverage?

ThorM465

WKR
Classified Approved
normally I laugh at these posts, mostly because I have a true realistic view. I can agree something should be done but how many are willing to agree that is too late?
you want to support US based companies? fine, but realize the materials in some way are coming from other countries. what? you make wool socks from your own sheep? did you make your own thread too, I think not. sure its possible to find companies that do in fact do that, but having a few people actually search for that is not making a dent. we need to make a hard fast definitive change collectively, if we can do that I'm all in where do we sign up.
on the issue of companies that support 2A, some people have 0 common sense. let me ask you, if a company who is anti 2a sells you a gun then who do you think wins that?
by you saying "I'm not buying from that guy" you are reinforcing his ideals. at some point they will no longer carry the product because they will see they don't need you and you'll be the one left trying to find said product. instead, feed those companies so they rely on you, then when we fight they have no choice but to back us. its basic survival in business and life. you don't bite the hand that feeds you.
the other issue I have these days is that made in the USA doesn't mean what it use to. the new generation has become so lazy that some products made here are worse than overseas. how about we start there so that it means something again.
no matter what you do or who you buy from you are in some way supporting the very thing you hate. no one ever says "I'm pulling all my money out of the bank and not paying my mortgage" but boy are we worried about sipping coffee from an anti company. guess what, all the banks are anti. who do you think has more leverage?
Respectively sir, you don't have a realistic view, you have a naïve view. While everything you said sounds great in theory. In practice your tactic of feed the beast is a losing strategy, I'll point you to the latest Bud Light and Jack Daniels marketing campaign as proof. These companies are not afraid of losing us and this attitude is exactly why.

By our nature we are not collectivist, expecting us to act collectively is a fools errand. Encouraging people to do the little things that they can when they can might be the best we can do, but it can have real impacts. Look at the turmoil at Netflix and Disney over the last year. While it was spun as other issues, they went too woke and normal people starting canceling their subscriptions because of it. CEOs were fired, projects were canceled, and they have made changes. It's far from a complete turn around and a win for the right at this point, but it was proof that we can have significant impact.

ok, so just so I'm clear, you used 2 examples that exactly mirror what I said and I'm the naive one?
Disney exe. we feed them yes? when we got tired of the BS we stopped feeding them yes? who won?
exe 2 JD and BL, I don't drink so I can't debate that one lol but again, why would they care about losing you? if we lost that one it was because we are not a major food source to them plain and simple.

if you're under the impression the world isn't ruled by money then you're in for a tough time. if my job was to sell carrots and the only people who bought them were rabbit farms why the hell would I care if a hunter likes me? now look at that from the opposite side, if all my carrots were bought by rabbit hunters and those hunters decided they no longer like the fact that I talk to a dem then guess what, if I want to survive, I better forget talking to that person.
the really sad part is that the govt. understands this already, but we don't. the easiest way to destroy something is from within, if you want to walk away and just say "you won't get my money" then don't be surprised or upset when they get someone else's money.

when you say "by our nature" who are you referring to? if you mean humans then you're wrong. clearly, collectively the govt has managed to get together in all the states and with other countries to cause the chaos you see today. I assure you it wasn't just a few people.

just to be clear, by all means fight the good fight in the best way you can. but at the same time don't cut off your nose to spite your face.

The other side does this very well with woke cancel culture but for some reason “our“ side can never get organized the same way and just buy from people that hate our way of life
It’s because of the attitude that was expressed earlier. I’ve never understood why hunters are willing to say we don’t make a difference in big business. That’s wrong. What is correct is we will never have the influence we deserve because sone of us act as if we don’t matter. Or, an anti hunting stance doesn’t matter by a vendor producing gear hunters use.

It’d lazy and ingenious to suggest that. I’m not knocking anyone’s choices. I’m just saying validating them with words that we don’t matter is simply wrong.

It’s because of the attitude that was expressed earlier. I’ve never understood why hunters are willing to say we don’t make a difference in big business. That’s wrong. What is correct is we will never have the influence we deserve because sone of us act as if we don’t matter. Or, an anti hunting stance doesn’t matter by a vendor producing gear hunters use.

It’d lazy and ingenious to suggest that. I’m not knocking anyone’s choices. I’m just saying validating them with words that we don’t matter is simply wrong.
Hunters are less than 10% of the population...

Hunters are less than 10% of the population...
To illustrate this even better, how much of the population buys Patagonia gear? I don’t know what it is but if it’s 20% of the population and hunters would stop buying their stuff, that’s half of their market share.

It’s crazy to suggest our money doesn’t matter.

I know it’s a big assumption to assume all hunters buy Patagonia but, if all hunters would support hunting rights with their purchases, it’s a huge influence.

mountain, let me first say I 100% agree that we all matter to business.
now let me say, do you know what a 10% loss is considered in business? its called just another day. what happens? well for a business to survive they have 3 options.
1) raise prices to offset the loss. (already happening)
2) shift production to overseas to save money (also already happening)
3) broaden your market by way of offering different items that the other people will want. (guess what, already happening)

now, even if 10% were enough, you have to realize that 1 or 2 % here and there over a few years is not even noticed. but if we came together and completely cut off that company in one year then the loss is felt and the company is left scrambling, and most can't recover fast enough. from that, shares drop, people notice, and companies go bankrupt and if we're lucky they bring down or hurt other companies who were connected to them.
that is the way the global market works, but me having my own business I can see how I wouldn't know this.

To illustrate this even better, how much of the population buys Patagonia gear? I don’t know what it is but if it’s 20% of the population and hunters would stop buying their stuff, that’s half of their market share.

It’s crazy to suggest our money doesn’t matter.

I know it’s a big assumption to assume all hunters buy Patagonia but, if all hunters would support hunting rights with their purchases, it’s a huge influence.
A better question would be what percentage of people buying gear in that price range are hunters?

I'd bet less than the population as a whole.