Pricey new custom string improperly installed by shop... should I insist on replacing the string or just have the shop twist the string?

Ho5tile1

Lil-Rokslider
Lol, I love these posts. Get a press and do it yourself. The guy doesn’t even know how a string settles but now should get a press and do it himself?

“Get a lift and replace the engine in your car, screw the automotive shop! DIYYYYYYYYYY BABY!!!”

So what should he do not get a press and learn? Sry but working on a bow is not replacing your engine which is not hard it’s sure as Fu— not the same as a lift on your truck. Where do you come up with this stupid shit or do you just read this stuff and say the first dumb ass thing that pops in that head of yours. Getting a press and learning how to do things is way better and cheaper even doing the engine and a lift is so yea DIYYYYyYy baby. Sry if you can’t DIYYyYyYy. But hey, folks like you keep them shops in business kinda like ford does good day to ya

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ucsdryder

WKR
So what should he do not get a press and learn? Sry but working on a bow is not replacing your engine which is not hard it’s sure as Fu— not the same as a lift on your truck. Where do you come up with this stupid shit or do you just read this stuff and say the first dumb ass thing that pops in that head of yours. Getting a press and learning how to do things is way better and cheaper even doing the engine and a lift is so yea DIYYYYyYy baby. Sry if you can’t DIYYyYyYy. But hey, folks like you keep them shops in business kinda like ford does good day to ya

Dang, the internet tough guys are coming out of the woodworks lately! At least your handle fits well! Give yourself a hug and calm down a little. You’ll be just fine. I’ll just post this picture right here for you…been working on my bows for a long time, along with reloading. I think you can see a meat grinder there from butchering my own game, oh and the sausage stuffer for making my own sausage, and some arrow building crap mixed in as well. Probably some more Diy stuff sprinkled in, take a look and let me know what else you see! Oh, and tell me some more about myself! 😆

My point was the guy doesn’t even know the difference between creep, stretch, and settling (which is ok) and you’re telling him to get a press and do it himself? Sure he can learn, but what does his post have to do with learning? He’s trying to learn to crawl, you’re suggesting he run a marathon. I just thought it was funny…no need to puff up and get tough!

Anybody else have a hell of a time keeping their bench clean? Usually I can barely move enough stuff out of the way to have some clear space to do a project. Cleaning is pointless, 30 minutes to clean, 5 minutes to mess!
AF6B0400-EE19-470A-B6C8-E30440C7244E.jpeg

rclouse79

WKR
Is one of these guys the Alone Guy? I was thinking there was a chance, except he would be more more authoritative.
The alone guy would have chopped down a tree to hand carve his own bow with a piece of flint. Then he would have killed a deer in order to make his own super custom non-stretch string out of the gut. If his peep rotated he would have retired to his tarp-debris sleeping bag for the night to compose himself. Then he would have cowboyed up in the morning to throw a few twists in his string so he could Robinhood a few arrows before coffee.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
The alone guy would have chopped down a tree to hand carve his own bow with a piece of flint. Then he would have killed a deer in order to make his own super custom non-stretch string out of the gut. If his peep rotated he would have retired to his tarp-debris sleeping bag for the night to compose himself. Then he would have cowboyed up in the morning to throw a few twists in his string so he could Robinhood a few arrows before coffee.
I was dreaming of him when we watched Alone yesterday

Totally on the bow shop. They should have taken your bow, straightend out your peep, then called you in 2 weeks and tell you that your new strings are in.

The customer is always right...

rclouse79

WKR
Holy ******* shit this went to **** in a hand basket.

And here I was trying to be good, but you know what, sometimes a shit train falls off the ******* rails
Never underestimate what hunting fanatics will do to occupy their time when hunting season is closed. I only ask for advice during hunting season when the peanut gallery has a healthy outlet for their frustrations.

Looks like it's time to click that "watch" button and grab the popcorn! This thread has some potential! Now, how can I stir this pot......?

Never underestimate what hunting fanatics will do to occupy their time when hunting season is closed. I only ask for advice during hunting season when the peanut gallery has a healthy outlet for their frustrations.

The endless questions of is spine right ain't much worse.

Just find it interesting how the mob works.

All can be answered with simple key words in a search, but damn if some don't illicit a torch response.
I just don't see that much difference.

Guess I see it differently.

Ho5tile1

Lil-Rokslider
Dang, the internet tough guys are coming out of the woodworks lately! At least your handle fits well! Give yourself a hug and calm down a little. You’ll be just fine. I’ll just post this picture right here for you…been working on my bows for a long time, along with reloading. I think you can see a meat grinder there from butchering my own game, oh and the sausage stuffer for making my own sausage, and some arrow building crap mixed in as well. Probably some more Diy stuff sprinkled in, take a look and let me know what else you see! Oh, and tell me some more about myself!

My point was the guy doesn’t even know the difference between creep, stretch, and settling (which is ok) and you’re telling him to get a press and do it himself? Sure he can learn, but what does his post have to do with learning? He’s trying to learn to crawl, you’re suggesting he run a marathon. I just thought it was funny…no need to puff up and get tough!

Anybody else have a hell of a time keeping their bench clean? Usually I can barely move enough stuff out of the way to have some clear space to do a project. Cleaning is pointless, 30 minutes to clean, 5 minutes to mess!
View attachment 419364

Tough guy?? Stating the facts is tough now wow ok. I didn’t say I was gonna beat you up or anything of the sort and great you do all of those things I do the same even make my own sausage. I’m sure if you took your own advice you would never have done it cause someone would have said well you don’t even know the right amount of fat to add to that so why bother or even get a meat grinder. Sry getting a peep straight is not a marathon maybe a brisk crawl I don’t know. When I said get a press I would hope you and him can read between the lines and understand I didn’t mean run to Lancaster grab a press tomorrow go home and just Willy nilly start doing shit to his bow. Next time I will be sure to spell it out. Go get a press in the future and learn how to do it before you touch your bow. I also got your point I also got the smart ass in it as well again have a good one. No tough guy intended I would put one of those emoji things but I don’t know how too