politics in clothing, WHY?

Q child

WKR
Politics has been involved in clothing forever. No biggie. Vote with your dollars if you want. You, of course, can be a consumer activist, just like they can be corporate ones.

I kill a lot of animals in patty. I have a few of their r1s, nano. Maybe we should start sending pics to their marketing department.

mdxv

FNG
"Unequivocally real"...riight.
And I likewise have a hard time grasping how you can believe that without a shred of real proof.

Define "real proof" are you saying that a near-unanimous scientific consensus on the basics facts of climate change is not real proof?

Broomd

WKR
Define "real proof" are you saying that a near-unanimous scientific consensus on the basics facts of climate change is not real proof?
No, do your own homework, I've done mine. Based on your tone I won't change your mind, anyway. Just as I won't change a person's mind that the ANWR area in question is a veritable wasteland on the Beaufort Sea. SItka said it's a pristine tree-filled mountain paradise, but hey!

I've read through the reams of "peer-reviewed" bullsh!t advocating for AGW; it's a massive re-distributive carbon credit scam.
All one needs to study is Greenland 900AD and the demise of its Vikings to know the affects of naturally occurring climate change.

Not going to wade into the climate change argument but scientists are far from perfect. Lobotomies were once considered a cutting edge scientific/medical cure to fix insanity. One of the major proponents of them even won a Nobel freaking prize. The only reason I say this is to make the point that science isn’t infallible. Never has been even when “all” scientists agree on something.

LLB

Lil-Rokslider
My Cajun grandfather wouldn't allow politics and religion discussed at any get together. He said it caused more fistfights than anything else 😁. If companies only followed the same rule. I just don't see how possibly alienating customers can help any company. And yes, I boycott companies with my dollar if I feel it is warranted. But everyone has to make their own decisions 👍.

JBrew

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah dammit, aren't there any non-partisan gender neutral clothes that weren't made in a sweatshop or with any manufacturing techniques that hurt the environment? Do the Amish make any lightweight, camo, waterproof, quiet, breathable clothes?

There's an Amish made bib that fits all of that. I'll have to dig the name of it up.

TheGDog

WKR
Yeah dammit, aren't there any non-partisan gender neutral clothes that weren't made in a sweatshop or with any manufacturing techniques that hurt the environment? Do the Amish make any lightweight, camo, waterproof, quiet, breathable clothes?
Yeah... isn't that "Fruit Of The Loom"? (Hehe)

*zap*

WKR
Yup, some ceo/executives think that their political opinions are super important and needed to be shared with everyone, just like joe shmo on twitter.

These type companies were basically responsible for bringing down the boy scouts and now they have a higher goal......they want to bring down the USA as we know it. Its all globalization backed, probably largely by china. china is frothing at the bit for a global expansion.

With the way folks get their panties in a wad over every little thing these days I guess they notice the tag more....🤷‍♂️...I dont understand its not like folks can see the tag...I know one thing their marketing folks are worth every penny...sure got a lot folks talking about it.

superjo

FNG
I had a buddy who owned a fly shop. Anybody who started talking politics was asked to leave. He didn’t want to alienate customers and potential customers over the whole clown show. Smart guy.
Lol nice rule thou

JohnB

WKR
Funny. It seems like "Vote the assholes out" is the rallying cry of whatever party isn't in the White House/Senate/House at the time.

That's also my usual policy when I'm staring at a ballot rather than looking for an R or D.

Reactions: LLB
I noticed that Scarpa boots has gotten in on the action too. They "provide direct cash contributions" to terrorist organizations like BLM (go learn about Susan Rosenberg and Patrisse Cullors)